RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
StaticPulse

All-in-one Horizon USB drive

Does anyone know how (or if its possible) to convert programs such as dashlaunch, FSD, Aurora, backwards compatibility hack, etc...  into a horizon transferable format?

I'd like to make one of my flash drives have all the system software for when I do a fresh RGH onto a new system instead of using one drive for XeX Menu and another drive for everything else.

I know they must be converted into a compatible filesystem and was wondering if there are any tools available to do that like how XeX Menu is.

• Like 2

Well, you can format a USB stick in your 360 to turn it into a USBMU, from there you can put a quicklaunch/quickboot link to the app you want, or you can make a XBLA package for some apps (Aurora won't work like that nor FSD as they have their DB in Game:\ which isn't writeable when in XBLA package) you can also use launch.ini to boot any application you want, this however requires that you install dashlaunch at build time (which i recommend doing anyways)

• Like 1

Well, you can format a USB stick in your 360 to turn it into a USBMU, from there you can put a quicklaunch/quickboot link to the app you want, or you can make a XBLA package for some apps (Aurora won't work like that nor FSD as they have their DB in Game:\ which isn't writeable when in XBLA package) you can also use launch.ini to boot any application you want, this however requires that you install dashlaunch at build time (which i recommend doing anyways)

My approach on it was to format the drive to USBMU like I do for XeXmenu and export the other homebrews via horizon if possible but I don't think its something thats a viable solution since you say Aurora and FSD won't be writable if they're in an XBLA package. Seems like it'd only work for read only packages which most of the stuff I want to copy over is stuff that needs to be configured after install. Looks like I'm stuck with doing it with two USB sticks for the time being.

Now prepackaging the software with the NAND build sounds like a great idea, I'll google around for some TuT's on how to do it. About how much space in Flash do I have to work with for this though?

Thanks for getting back to me man I appreciate it a lot!

****EDIT****

Nevermind, I misunderstood you. Not likely to build the NAND with these apps as the flash is read-only... lol I do install dashlaunch right after copying XEXmenu and running backwards compatibility, then comes reboot then dashlaunch install, config, followed by fsd3 and aurora install.

My approach on it was to format the drive to USBMU like I do for XeXmenu and export the other homebrews via horizon if possible but I don't think its something thats a viable solution since you say Aurora and FSD won't be writable if they're in an XBLA package. Seems like it'd only work for read only packages which most of the stuff I want to copy over is stuff that needs to be configured after install. Looks like I'm stuck with doing it with two USB sticks for the time being.

Now prepackaging the software with the NAND build sounds like a great idea, I'll google around for some TuT's on how to do it. About how much space in Flash do I have to work with for this though?

Thanks for getting back to me man I appreciate it a lot!

You cannot package anything other then the launch.xex and lhelper.xex in the NAND, you only have a 16MB flash... something you should know if you're actually installing RGH/JTAG

If you have launch.xex and lhelper.xex included in the nand at build time you don't have to install it later, and can use a launch.ini to launch whatever application you want...

USBMU can hold Aurora/FSD aswell, you just cannot make it a XBLA package as those are readonly... XEXMenu comes with a XBLA package or standalone (the "LIVE" version is a XBLA package)

• Like 1

You cannot package anything other then the launch.xex and lhelper.xex in the NAND, you only have a 16MB flash... something you should know if you're actually installing RGH/JTAG

If you have launch.xex and lhelper.xex included in the nand at build time you don't have to install it later, and can use a launch.ini to launch whatever application you want...

USBMU can hold Aurora/FSD aswell, you just cannot make it a XBLA package as those are readonly... XEXMenu comes with a XBLA package or standalone (the "LIVE" version is a XBLA package)

I'll just have to put that stuff on the MU then, my best solution up until now was using FATxplorer and just copying the data directly over from the top-mounted SATA dock on my PC.