RealModScene
QuattroGam3r

[Aurora] Filter for Teen, Everyone, etc.

I have nieces and nephews that come to visit and it would be nice to be able to filter the games so they do not have access to mature or adult rated titles. I don't know how difficult it would be to make something like this considering there are different rating systems around the world, i.e. ESRB etc. But it sure would be nice to be able to lock out that content from there eyes. I tried the family genre, but only two titles even appear, and there are many more titles rated Everyone. Anyway, just a thought.

• Like 2

Coding the filter shouldnt be hard. But i also thinl there should be more owner protection with aurora. We simply have root rights with the filemanager and that could be safer with a password for e.g.

This information is currently not available in Aurora, however, maybe we can get it added... (it's available from xbox.com but isn't easy to parse as you say, there are multiple different rating systems)

It's a nice suggestion tho, i'll ask the developers and see what they think, how difficult it'd be to parse it out...

You do realize that if you adjust the family settings in nxe dashboard, the kernel wont let the games play without a password, based upon the rating. The original xbox was the same way. The games will still show up, but it will ask for a password and without it, the game wont launch. It is probably your best bet for now.

• Like 1

You do realize that if you adjust the family settings in nxe dashboard, the kernel wont let the games play without a password, based upon the rating. The original xbox was the same way. The games will still show up, but it will ask for a password and without it, the game wont launch. It is probably your best bet for now.

Yeah, if we add this it won't be until 0.6, earliest... 0.5b is already "done" and won't have any major additions added, what we're waiting for is to have time to pay full attention to all the details for a smooth release

Understandable, thanks for the info Swizzy. @gavin_darkglider, I had never done any family settings before, so wasn't even aware of the possibility of setting that up. Thanks for letting me know, I think it will help... That or just hiding the few titles that I deem unsuitable for them.