RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
StaticPulse

[Aurora] Fan Speed Hardware Control

As in FSD, having fanspeed control would be nice to keep the chip running under 78C, I noticed with FSD I could get it as low as 45C even after playing a game like Assassins creed.

###UPDATE###

I just read page two of the original thread and I see that this has already been requested and that the Dashlaunch temperature threshold was given as an answer, I apologize. =\

• Like 2

Use dashlaunch as its better for temp control,do a forum search there's already posts about it,not that you need to once you've found the temps option you have choice of constant speed or better is set target temp,i set cpu for 50c,the ram & gpu i set a little higher but not by much,i did this by using fsd at 100% to see what those two temps would be at once cpu was at 50

• Like 2

Yeah, no need to clutter up the Aurora interface with unnecessary stuff. 

As every jtag/rgh booting the dash needs dashlaunch anyway, just set the fan speed % or temp ranges there and forget about it.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yeah, no need to clutter up the Aurora interface with unnecessary stuff. 

As every jtag/rgh booting the dash needs dashlaunch anyway, just set the fan speed % or temp ranges there and forget about it.  :thumbup:

It doesn't really matter if you have dashlaunch installed or not, it's a SMC Config change, it can be done by xeBuild GUI, JRunner, AutoGG etc. aswell...

• Like 2

It doesn't really matter if you have dashlaunch installed or not, it's a SMC Config change, it can be done by xeBuild GUI, JRunner, AutoGG etc. aswell...

That'll be me learning something new today.  :smiling:

If you do not complicate, please tell me optimal parameters for the dashlaunch temperature settings?  For example 60/60/60   50  as CPU/GPU/EDRAM  CPU Fan. My  JTAG is Slim Trynity 4gb.  Thank you in advance.

It really depends on what your climate is etc. etc.

But, generally, adjust the temps with the same ratio, so for instance say you do CPU - 10 from original value, do the same for GPU and EDRAM

It also depends on your sound preferences, for instance i don't care how much noise my console makes, that means i will have my temps set lower to keep it cooler, but it may cause you to be pissed off with your console...

Sorry for my very bad english. I thought that dashlaunche exhibited temperature that must support the selected speed console cooler. In this, I thought that these values are not so individual and do not depend on climate, etc. I realized that was wrong.But, unfortunately, still I do not understand how  keep the temperature below 60 degrees. 

Run console without setting any temps,once it becomes settled all the temps wlll be displayed at how many degrees they are apart from one another,an extreme example would be (can't remember which is the actual hottest however it's close enough for this exercise)

degrees celsius

cpu 80

ram 75

graphic 70

so what i would do is start with the hottest & set it to my ideal temp which is 50 then adjust the other two by how many degrees they were apart like so

cpu 50

ram 45

graphic 40

• Like 1

If you want it to TRY to go below 60, change the values to be less then 60... don't go below 40 as you can't achieve it (with stock cooling) obviously, the climate around you will have an impact on the cooling ability of your console, it has to work harder if you're in a desert area rather then in the arctic... so, these regions/climates will have different temperature settings

Run console without setting any temps,once it becomes settled all the temps wlll be displayed at how many degrees they are apart from one another,an extreme example would be (can't remember which is the actual hottest however it's close enough for this exercise)

degrees celsius

cpu 80

ram 75

graphic 70

so what i would do is start with the hottest & set it to my ideal temp which is 50 then adjust the other two by how many degrees they were apart like so

cpu 50

ram 45

graphic 40

Cool, I did not know I could do this and I did see this when i played with FSD3, but wondered why it wasn't in Aurora but if it's set in dashlaunch then I will set something similar

Thanks for the cool tip, LOL, pun intended :)

Kosti

Hey guys really sorry to repost in an old thread but I cant understand the dashlaunch settings for fan speed. Can I set my temps at a certain temp then if my console reaches those temps will the fans come on to cool it down? Do i need to tick the little gpu over ride box for the console to be set that way? or do i leave that blank, set the temps and save the settings? thanks alot and sorry reopening an old thread. I have a Falcon console.

1 hour ago, cmac86 said:

Hey guys really sorry to repost in an old thread but I cant understand the dashlaunch settings for fan speed. Can I set my temps at a certain temp then if my console reaches those temps will the fans come on to cool it down? Do i need to tick the little gpu over ride box for the console to be set that way? or do i leave that blank, set the temps and save the settings? thanks alot and sorry reopening an old thread. I have a Falcon console.

you set the temps and save and the closer the temps get, the harder the fan will blow to keep it below those temps. you dont set the override checkbox, if you do that it will always have the fanspeed at whatever you set on that override slider.

I released a script for both fan speed, and to set target temperatures, right from aurora. They are on here somewhere, dont remember where exactly, but it you look, you will find them.