RealModScene
Al1ens

Can't play trailer on RE R2 Ep1

Hello. I obtained resident evil revelations 2 ep 1, and after running a scan, all artwork including the trailer was downloaded as usual, except the trailer refuses to play, giving a 'can't play - install codex' type message. It's the only game that has trailers available that I've seen the message.

Any ideas on this? Is there a codex pack I'm unaware of to be installed on Aurora? Is it a known issue and I'm just out of the loop?

I've refreshed and all items re download but same codex message.

Edit: Actual error message is

An error has occurred playing the trailer. Please verify codecs are properly installed. 

• Like 4

Nope, never had need of it before. Just standard flash with xbox classic backwards compatibility and avatar update. This is the first and only game trailer that's ever given an error.

So do you think the trailer is in a new format that Aurora can't pick up without the media update installed?

Edit: Just ported this over and still no luck. Is there a newer version you could point me in the direction of?

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3881-xbox-360-optional-media-update-new-in-december-2011/

check the video file with the computer that it plays then use mediainfo & make sure it's in a format & bitrate or encoder type the 360 can play,well if you can play other videos its the only thing it can be

I'm not checking anything with anything. For a start, I don't even know where the video trailer is stored in Aurora.

It's the video that came with the artwork that downloaded from unity, so I'm not going to check bit rates or encoder types. It is what it is. Someone will know.

I put the media update on, but outside of that, unless there's an update I need to do, I'm not chasing shadows over it.

But it would be helpful to find out if it's just for me, or an issue for the scene in the future, or a problem for the best dash out there, so if anyone does have this game trailer, is it  playing for you or are you getting an error?

I have no use for trailers & i only use aurora if  i need to as i prefer fsd.

Not only can i not find a copy of the game even unity doesn't list it,mind you unity doesn't list trailers so i can't manually download it to check the video specs.I don't suppose the video is like a game & it requires unlocking ??? ,i still come back to the same issue if the video is in a compatible format the 360 should play it.If there's no joy over the next 48hrs send a pm with a link to the download

edit: this is the only one that i could find on unity not sure if it's an episode
RESIDENT EVIL REV.
TitleID: 43430833

The game title on unity is  RE Revelations 2,  TitleID: 5841144C

Hopefully someone will know why there's a video with playback errors being downloaded by Aurora.

I don't know where the videos come from, so not sure if it's user uploaded or from m$, but hopefully there will be an answer explaining what the situation is.

Edit:

I just tried to play the video on my pc at the marketplace website and got this message. Guess that'll be the cause of the problem.

UNABLE TO PLAY

Unable to play this content because ActiveX is disabled. Please enable ActiveX in your browser settings, then refresh this page to try again.

No all that's saying is your browser requires active x enabled,most probably disabled to stop web browser attacks from the web,sounds like your using IE.Chances are the trailers on the web will be flash based

when you say you attempt to play the trailer you scroll to game;press y button then scroll down to preview option yes?,your not hitting the large'ish right facing play symbol where it says synopsis

pm me the link to the game you've downloaded

edit: i set up & ran aurora inc ticking trailer,none of the games i have listed have any trailers associated with them,covers & tu's are there.I don't think & can't recall anyone mentioning unity had trailers available for all the time i've been at this website

you do have a jtag console ????

http://download.xbox.com/content/5841144c/0/2ndTrailer_ESRB.asx is the url for the video that Aurora should be downloading, and from the looks of the information stored along side it, it should be WMV/WMA encoded, but the filename extension might be the reason why it's not working...

** edit: **

nvm, it's probably linking to a video (i don't actually know how all of that works exactly, i just know where to find the data Aurora checks for urls) when i tried playing it with VLC it tells me it cannot download this: http://download.xbox.com/content/5841144c/RER2_2ndTrailer_ESRB_Xbox360_発売日修正_Streaming.wmv because it doesn't exist...

No all that's saying is your browser requires active x enabled,most probably disabled to stop web browser attacks from the web,sounds like your using IE.Chances are the trailers on the web will be flash based

Chrome. Says I have to turn on active x. Thought it may have been a reason for the trailer not playing. Sadly it seems it's not.

when you say you attempt to play the trailer you scroll to game;press y button then scroll down to preview option yes?,your not hitting the large'ish right facing play symbol where it says synopsis

pm me the link to the game you've downloaded

edit: i set up & ran aurora inc ticking trailer,none of the games i have listed have any trailers associated with them,covers & tu's are there.I don't think & can't recall anyone mentioning unity had trailers available for all the time i've been at this website

you do have a jtag console ????

I have a rgh jasper, had it since day 1 of the matrix release in NZ. I don't think that's an issue.

Not all games I have come with trailers, but the ones that do all play fine, again, I don't think user error is a likelihood.

Trailers are great to show off to friends or those unwilling to move from fsd. Not the main reason I'd never go back from Aurora, but certainly one of them.

No point sending the dl link as by the looks of Swizzy's endevours, the trailer won't work for you either.

Ta though.

http://download.xbox.com/content/5841144c/0/2ndTrailer_ESRB.asx is the url for the video that Aurora should be downloading, and from the looks of the information stored along side it, it should be WMV/WMA encoded, but the filename extension might be the reason why it's not working...

** edit: **

nvm, it's probably linking to a video (i don't actually know how all of that works exactly, i just know where to find the data Aurora checks for urls) when i tried playing it with VLC it tells me it cannot download this: http://download.xbox.com/content/5841144c/RER2_2ndTrailer_ESRB_Xbox360_発売日修正_Streaming.wmv because it doesn't exist...

Well if you can't get it working then I've got no hope ;) And if the video at the link doesn't exist, well no chance any way.

Ta for looking in to it.

Ok, that's odd... i clicked on that link now, and it was working o.O (the wmv link) i loaded it in chrome...

VLC also works, try playing it again, see if it makes a difference?

Just tried it and I'm still getting 'file not found'. Cleared cache and ran ccleaner and the same outcome.

Yeah the best i can get is a still frame in the preview pane of vlc then it promptly tells me to bugger off..lol...If you want trailers (keep in mind they'll take up a bit of space the more you get assuming they're stored locally),use a web browser download the trailers you want & convert them to wmv,the videos appear to be flash based on ign,you can most probably use ff with a flash download plugin or use either a cache viewer to get the video file directly off the hard drive not that i've done it myself.Youtube another source for already made & easy to download vids,tho again they'll need converting to a compatible format

I'lI finish with a quote from captain jack sparrow "i wash my hands of this weirdness" :p