RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
rushpage

Black Screen After JTAG Update

Have an original XBox 360 that I JTAGged back in 2010. I was attempting the avatar update yesterday so I could play some newer XBLA games (Yars' Revenge, How to Survive, etc.) and apparently have bricked it. clear.png

I'm was running 8995 and did the 8995 update via flash drive. Now, it powers on but I get no video, etc. and the control doesn't sync.

Since it's been 5 years since the JTAG, the original NAND and CPU key are long gone. My nifty CAT5 connector for reading them is still hanging out the back, tho! clear.png

Is there a way to put a "stock" NAND on it to revive it so I can "reJTAG" it or any other ways to bring it back from the dead?

Thank you, guys!

• Like 1

Have an original XBox 360 that I JTAGged back in 2010. I was attempting the avatar update yesterday so I could play some newer XBLA games (Yars' Revenge, How to Survive, etc.) and apparently have bricked it. clear.png

I'm was running 8995 and did the 8995 update via flash drive. Now, it powers on but I get no video, etc. and the control doesn't sync.

Since it's been 5 years since the JTAG, the original NAND and CPU key are long gone. My nifty CAT5 connector for reading them is still hanging out the back, tho! clear.png

Is there a way to put a "stock" NAND on it to revive it so I can "reJTAG" it or any other ways to bring it back from the dead?

Thank you, guys!

Should be possible to just write XBR to retrieve the CPUKey...

I'd recommend you dump your nand first, then send it to me for analysis to verify my suspicion