RealModScene
BobShaft

Moving/Renaming Game Folder Caused Major Headaches

So I installed a 2 Disc game and realized afterwards that disc 1 needed to be manually copied into the Content folder.

Then I decided to delete Disc 1 and rename Disc 2 with just the game name. Of course Aurora did not like that.

I tried removing the paths and readding them but it did not bring back the game.

In the end I had to find and delete the specific game folders out of Hdd:\Aurora\Data\GameData

I also had to delete both .db files.

So I reconfigured my paths, etc and redownloaded a lot of TU's, etc.

Is there a better way to move/rename folders in regard to Aurora? Or to repair a situation like this without starting from scratch?

Thanks anyway for making such a great program.

• Like 1

I would recommend getting really familiar with the databases.  If you move a game manually via FTP or file manager, then the database needs to be updated manually as well.

I would recommend getting really familiar with the databases.  If you move a game manually via FTP or file manager, then the database needs to be updated manually as well.

Thanks for the reply

Is there a specific program I need to view and edit the databases? I do have MS Access.

Ideea is to get rid of games duplicates

If you can make in next releases an option like purge, flush or delete empti, wrong game paths it will be great :D