RealModScene
kira125

[Aurora] Link in Xbox Classic Games

I have just find this i didnt know if you know that

but there is any chances to add a room or something to Xbox Classic Games

because they can use freetyle plugin to play in link

just an idea

This would be awesome if we could play halo 2 on LINK. I mean ya I dont mind xlink kai but this would make things a hell of a lot easier.

We set it up so you can play xbox classic games on link-  i believe we intended it to be played in a private room- there is no public room for xbox classic games.   There just aren't enough people playing to make it worthwhile.

We set it up so you can play xbox classic games on link-  i believe we intended it to be played in a private room- there is no public room for xbox classic games.   There just aren't enough people playing to make it worthwhile.

but. how that work, ones when you start xbox classic. you cant use the guide button ones in xbox classic on xbox 360. if I'm wrong can you please explain to me how its done.

It used to be done through the website, however i don't think it is implemented in the new unity site. I will discuss it with the rest of the team.

It used to be done through the website, however i don't think it is implemented in the new unity site. I will discuss it with the rest of the team.

i did not know about the old JQE.com way. please do discuss it with the rest of the team. can you put up a tutorial also. thxs all. you have a good day

but. how that work, ones when you start xbox classic. you cant use the guide button ones in xbox classic on xbox 360. if I'm wrong can you please explain to me how its done.

you (and everyone how wants to play for example halo 2) just need to be in the same room in the same game (blur i this case) then you use the guide to launch the game you want and somehow you can use the room from blur to play together

yes im afraid there is no to many people who plays and also not to many games whit link

i was thinking in a shared room between all xbox classic games (who suport link) were you get in automatically when you launch a classic game who suport link

so you dont need to use the hud, and there is no nedd to waste rooms in each game

you (and everyone how wants to play for example halo 2) just need to be in the same room in the same game (blur i this case) then you use the guide to launch the game you want and somehow you can use the room from blur to play together

yes im afraid there is no to many people who plays and also not to many games whit link

i was thinking in a shared room between all xbox classic games (who suport link) were you get in automatically when you launch a classic game who suport link

so you dont need to use the hud, and there is no nedd to waste rooms in each game

There should be one big room for all xbox games, it probably works to use any room if you relaunch to the xbox game really, as they're not really locked to a specific game, it's just that it automatically switch rooms for you when you switch games (normally)

There should be one big room for all xbox games, it probably works to use any room if you relaunch to the xbox game really, as they're not really locked to a specific game, it's just that it automatically switch rooms for you when you switch games (normally)

i agree swizzy. xbox classic, xbox 360, + any other emulators that supports system link should have one room for all games. i hop that is your guys plan for the next system link online update  

So I dont really know much about this but, theres no way to make it like 360 game with the guide button system link thingy?

Nope, the HUD is unloaded when Xbox games start...

hay swizzy. ? what is up with the IM hud working in dash. i read somewhere you cant pull up the im menu or keyboard something like that in dash just after turning it on. my ? what happin to the im and chat in the hud. also what about loading a trainer like app keyboard whatever. to use IM idk. just curious. can trainers work over tcp-isp

hay swizzy. ? what is up with the IM hud working in dash. i read somewhere you cant pull up the im menu or keyboard something like that in dash just after turning it on. my ? what happin to the im and chat in the hud. also what about loading a trainer like app keyboard whatever. to use IM idk. just curious. can trainers work over tcp-isp

What do you mean?

Trainers could potentially work over TCP-IP also yes, it's all up to the engine... it needs to be running a server which accepts the commands instead of having it come in locally from the code... but, it's better to have it locally... performance wise and because you could collide with a game if you run it as a server...

Just a thought on the original topic, not trainers, it would be nice if you could choose your original xbox room on link while in aurora, since the hud is disabled after the game has started. So instead of choosing your room after starting the game, you could choose it before the game starts for xbox classic games. Just a thought, dont know how hard this would be to do, but I could see this being an option, as long as the plugin isnt automatically unloaded when the game starts. Just an idea for a future update to the plugin, or the possibly new aurora plugin, which ever comes first.

As for the IM in the hud, that is part of xbox live, so unless you are connected to live that option doesnt show up. :), who knows maybe that feature could be added to a future aurora plugin also. :)

JAs for the IM in the hud, that is part of xbox live, so unless you are connected to live that option doesnt show up. :), who knows maybe that feature could be added to a future aurora plugin also. :)

thats what i am taking about. damb so you need live for that to show up

any word on stuff for this kinda thingy? halo 2 on LINK would be fantastic sir :)

this is going to take some time. its all about waiting. good luck

any word on stuff for this kinda thingy? halo 2 on LINK would be fantastic sir :)

I believe it'll require a plugin update, so as suprashake said, it'll take time, it's not a high priority thing...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I believe it'll require a plugin update, so as suprashake said, it'll take time, it's not a high priority thing...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It should be a very very high priority sir! lol jk but yes I agree, it will take time I guess. Maybe sometime in the near future :)

I wouldnt expect it for at least another couple of aurora releases.

One thing i can promise is that it won't be part of the next release ;)

Xbox 1 Classic games on LiNK should be possible with current public release of Freestyle Plugin.    I know it works because I spent a lot of time getting it to work....

What really needs to happen is I need to spend some time digging into the plugin to see what its looking for from Xbox Unity that it is no longer getting since the domain change, that is keeping it from working.   

However, that isn't a high priority for me right now, so it will have to wait.