RealModScene
Laurence

Rgh xbox 360 help needed to update

Hello everyone I bought this xbox hacked

I want everything updated on it as in the dashboard version, kernel and everything

But I don't want to attempt anything because I don't want to break it thanks everyone

• Like 1

This is the version of my dashboard and nothing works on it

Dash version: 2.2 Rev725

Kernel version 2.0.15574.0

Dashboard 2.015574.0

I'd like to update them all so the hacked dashboard works properly because it's bugging me!

Start with the kernel as described in the tutorial Anonymous linked you to, then you replace the F3 files with the latest ones using a filemanager (you can't do this while FSD is running, so you need XEXMenu or something similar)

• Like 1

So If I follow guide he linked me too that will update my kernel?

I've got xexmenu also what are f3 files

Sorry about this I just don't want to break my xbox :(

Start by following the guide, it explains how to update your kernel...

Once you've updated your kernel you'll want to download the latest FSD data from here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

then you need to find where FSD is installed, easiest way is to check launch.ini, commonly found @ hdd1:\ or flash:\

To access the XEXMenu filemanager you press RB once, then you use X and Y to open the menus

Install the latest dashlaunch installer, and use j-runner to use the xebuild update feature. It is as simple as enableing 1 setting in dashlaunch, and clicking 1 button in j-runner, and it will update your kernel, and your avatar/kinect data all in one button click. Very nice feature. As for FSD, there are two options: 1. Download the latest version, and copy it over the old version, 2. scrap fsd, which is kinda slow, and buggy, and switch to aurora, which is still being developed, and getting updates, has a built in trainer manager/engine, and a bunch of other nice redesigns. It also allows Link capabilitys like FSD, so there is no reason not to switch. If you use connectX to mount a samba share to play your games, aurora doesnt support that yet, but probably will in the next version or 2.

The flash 360 thing crashes when I try and open it with xexmenu

Use Simple 360 NAND Flasher... it's way better then Flash360

I tried to use simple 360 Nandos flasher and it keeps crashing :(

What is it saying? and where are you running it from? also, which version are you using?

Version 1.2

It's on the harddrive

On the main bit where all the other folders are

It just says can't play try redownloading

Version 1.2

It's on the harddrive

On the main bit where all the other folders are

It just says can't play try redownloading

Ok, what that means is that the xex got corrupted during the transfer, are you using FTP? if so; make sure you use binary and not ASCII for the transfer mode...

I used modio to transfer it because I've lost my wifi adapter for the Xbox and my friend said he will try to find his for me!

I'll try the step above also I really appreciate this!

I used modio to transfer it because I've lost my wifi adapter for the Xbox and my friend said he will try to find his for me!

I'll try the step above also I really appreciate this!

Maybe modio messed up something with the xex? basically, the xex runs from any directory without any other files around it...

• Like 1

When I use simple 360 nand flasher, I always just put it on the root of a usb drive, and then boot the xbox, and set my default path in a different launch ini on the flashdrive. the xbox checks usb for launch.ini before it checks the hdd.

When I use simple 360 nand flasher, I always just put it on the root of a usb drive, and then boot the xbox, and set my default path in a different launch ini on the flashdrive. the xbox checks usb for launch.ini before it checks the hdd.

to clarify the above, he doesn't put "default.xex" in the root of the usb, he puts the folder there... the next update will however support putting the default.xex alone on the root of the usb :) (already fixed that locally, just haven't finished everything else as i'm working on other projects at the same time)

• Like 1

I've updated it

Dash version 2.2 Rev725

Kernel version 2.0.17150.0

Dashboard 2.0.17150.0

And now dahs launch isn't loading

I've updated it

Dash version 2.2 Rev725

Kernel version 2.0.17150.0

Dashboard 2.0.17150.0

And now dahs launch isn't loading

Did you install 3.14?

I don't know also I can't get on to my fed dashboard

Download dashlaunch 3.14 and put the installer in the root of your USB... like so; x:\default.xex now boot with this usb in your console and it should ask you to install it...

On thwart last bit off the guide I can't get it to update I put the files on the root of the usb and it doesn't work

I've tried it with $ or with two of $ these

Also when I out the usb back in to the computer

The files are gone and there is a log that just say

Now update = false?

That's strange... the Xbox 360 NEVER deletes the update...

that log, what name does it have? and what does it say EXACTLY?