RealModScene
Dracinn

Original Xbox backwards compatibility Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

Not sure what section this belongs in so I put it here. 

I was wondering is there a way run the game under a differant title id so that maybe I could get the game to run properly?

Well I figured out how to change title id to Halo 2. I now have 16:9 aspect ratio and the bountyhunter start animation plays well now but menu still has bugs and game crashes.

If anyone can provide a list of all 16:9 aspect ratio Original Xbox games it would be much appeciated.

There's Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Max Payne 2 and I think all GTA games runs at 16:9 too

Here's a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_with_HD_support

Hello, I'll try to change the Media ID of the game to see if it run too, tell me what Title IDs you tried so I don't try to run the game with it

I tried:

- Max Payne 2;

- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee;

- Halo 1;

- Scarface;

- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.

None worked =(

Wonder why. Its like renaming the game. Why the hell wouldn't this work? ... Seriously

They didn't add emulation for all functions... they also locked it to only work with specific titles they know "works"

• Like 1

Wonder why. Its like renaming the game. Why the hell wouldn't this work? ... Seriously

Each game uses a emulator's profile, if you change the Title ID you can make a game use another profile, and that can make a game work (or not)

I used Halo 2's Title ID on Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, and that made the game run at 16:9, that's cool huh? :p

• Like 1

I tried Halo 2 didn't work either. I really wish we had the frontend that was taken down in 2010 it would make this potentially easier.

Each game uses a emulator's profile, if you change the Title ID you can make a game use another profile, and that can make a game work (or not)

I used Halo 2's Title ID on Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, and that made the game run at 16:9, that's cool huh? :p

Thank you for this information!

It is so hard to find informations about xbox1 emulation on a xbox360 (rgh/jtag) wich are not from 2007 or 2010.

I try for weeks to run "Harry Potter - Quidditch World Cup".

Patching the xbe with different patcher not worked and also not the PAL or NTSC version. Every game crashed at the same time.

Can you tell me something about the file structure of the hacked emulator from 2007?

What are the xefu*.xbe 's for? I rename them in a circle-method (xefu7b.xbe to xefu.xbe, before xefu.xbe to xefu1.xbe etc). The result was that some xbox1 games run like before renaming and some not. My "Harry Potter - Quidditch World Cup" crashed in some cases earlier on the xbox-logo. Once it crashed in a black screen.

I thought the different xefu*.xbe stands for the different profile types, when I read your post.

Here is video of the crash of "Harry Potter - Quidditch World Cup":

0.jpg

https://youtu.be/edwxFHd7a2A

At the moment I just search for a simple click method to try different game-titles. I hope that works. But I really need a fast method to patch just the default.xbe of the game, otherwise it took to much time to try as much different games-titles as possible.

By manually patching with an hex-editor, I try the following games title-id's:

Following result with a 100% freeze, nothing worked but to connect a new controller, need to restart the console:
4X4 EVO 2
Harry Potter SS
Medal Of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Following result with bringing me back to the xbox360 default nxe/mainscreen:
futurama_ntsc
futurama_pal
Harry Potter POA
Following result with a fatal rash after the first loading screen "Witch Screen" in red, like the dafault behaviour. Double tipp on effekt button bringt me back to nxe:
AMF Bowling 2004
Burnout
Burnout 2
Burnout 3
FIFA FOOTBALL 2003
FIFA Football 2005
FIFA Street
halo 1
Harry Potter CoS
Headhunter Redemption
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Robot Wars Extreme Destruction
SO-RM
XBMC
This game once throw me to UserChoose and on second try it gave me 100% console freeze:
Halo 2

Any more special title-ID's wich could bring me luck?

I tried Halo 2 didn't work either. I really wish we had the frontend that was taken down in 2010 it would make this potentially easier.

Can you tell me what do you mean with that?

I search such a long time for answer how to enable the mentioned different "replacement frontend":

This version has been hacked to play unsupported games, however this doesn't

mean they will work. This release includes a hacked version of the official

frontend, however you may want to try my replacement frontend which allows

you to set emulation options for each game.

EDIT SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS!:

At the moment I think it could be a video-problem. I watch this video here and there you can see what comes after the red-loading-screen:

https://youtu.be/In20ZQHAZhE?t=11

It's the ea-logo-video, after that the wb-logo-video and then the intro-video of hpqwc.

I buy the pc-version of the game and try to delete thoose files, the game run on pc too.

So I do the same on the xbox360-hdd. I delete all kinds eag.tgq, wb.tgq and Qintro.tgq. -> I run the game on my xbox360-rgh with the normal, original default.xbe.

I am so happy to found a thread with posts from 2015! This is my 4 thread/post in 4 different boards about this game and problem. No answers in the other boards, hope to find a great communtiy here.

Greetings and a nice "Hallo",

JustAn00b

• Like 1

It is so hard to find informations about xbox1 emulation on a xbox360 (rgh/jtag) wich are not from 2007 or 2010.

Patching the xbe with different patcher not worked and also not the PAL or NTSC version. Every game crashed at the same time.

Can you tell me something about the file structure of the hacked emulator from 2007?

What are the xefu*.xbe 's for? I rename them in a circle-method (xefu7b.xbe to xefu.xbe, before xefu.xbe to xefu1.xbe etc). The result was that some xbox1 games run like before renaming and some not. My "Harry Potter - Quidditch World Cup" crashed in some cases earlier on the xbox-logo. Once it crashed in a black screen.

I thought the different xefu*.xbe stands for the different profile types, when I read your post.

Here is video of the crash of "Harry Potter - Quidditch World Cup":

0.jpg

https://youtu.be/edwxFHd7a2A

At the moment I just search for a simple click method to try different game-titles. I hope that works. But I really need a fast method to patch just the default.xbe of the game, otherwise it took to much time to try as much different games-titles as possible.

By manually patching with an hex-editor, I try the following games title-id's:

Following result with a 100% freeze, nothing worked but to connect a new controller, need to restart the console:
4X4 EVO 2
Harry Potter SS
Medal Of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Following result with bringing me back to the xbox360 default nxe/mainscreen:
futurama_ntsc
futurama_pal
Harry Potter POA
Following result with a fatal rash after the first loading screen "Witch Screen" in red, like the dafault behaviour. Double tipp on effekt button bringt me back to nxe:
AMF Bowling 2004
Burnout
Burnout 2
Burnout 3
FIFA FOOTBALL 2003
FIFA Football 2005
FIFA Street
halo 1
Harry Potter CoS
Headhunter Redemption
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Robot Wars Extreme Destruction
SO-RM
XBMC
This game once throw me to UserChoose and on second try it gave me 100% console freeze:
Halo 2

Any more special title-ID's wich could bring me luck?

Can you tell me what do you mean with that?

I search such a long time for answer how to enable the mentioned different "replacement frontend":

EDIT SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS!:

At the moment I think it could be a video-problem. I watch this video here and there you can see what comes after the red-loading-screen:

https://youtu.be/In20ZQHAZhE?t=11

It's the ea-logo-video, after that the wb-logo-video and then the intro-video of hpqwc.

I buy the pc-version of the game and try to delete thoose files, the game run on pc too.

So I do the same on the xbox360-hdd. I delete all kinds eag.tgq, wb.tgq and Qintro.tgq. -> I run the game on my xbox360-rgh with the normal, original default.xbe.

I am so happy to found a thread with posts from 2015! This is my 4 thread/post in 4 different boards about this game and problem. No answers in the other boards, hope to find a great communtiy here.

Greetings and a nice "Hallo",

JustAn00b

So I don't understand this. Can I change the Title ID of a XBOX 1 game that is buggy or doesn't work with a known working one and that may allow it to work correctly? I have launched ODDWorld Strangers wrath for instance and it runs but some of the Text is garbled and what not. I wanted to get 187, XIII, and Robotech to work if possible. Let me know if this is the correct thinking behind getting them to work and which tool I should use to edit the Title ID.

Thanks!

So I don't understand this. Can I change the Title ID of a XBOX 1 game that is buggy or doesn't work with a known working one and that may allow it to work correctly? I have launched ODDWorld Strangers wrath for instance and it runs but some of the Text is garbled and what not. I wanted to get 187, XIII, and Robotech to work if possible. Let me know if this is the correct thinking behind getting them to work and which tool I should use to edit the Title ID.

Thanks!

Yes, maybe it'll work, maybe not

But Stranger's Wrath doesn't work with any Title ID, I dunno about 187, XII and Robotech though, you should try it

Yes, the xefu files are different compatibility profiles and there's a database file that point a game to run with each xefu, like Action Game 2 uses xefu.xex, Bycicle Game uses xefu3.xex

Renaming the xefus made the game run with the xefu it was made to run (I think games that aren't compatible run through xefu7). So, you renamed xefu3 to xefu7, and since the game is supposed to run with xefu7 it runned the xefu named xefu7, even if it isn't xefu7 lol I hope you understand what I'm trying to say

The database file points the xefu to run the game through the Title ID from said game. So, let's say Action Game 2 uses xefu.xex and you want to test Bycicle Game with xefu.xex, so you change the Title ID of Bycicle Game with Action Game 2's title ID and it'll run with xefu.xex. Again, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, I'm not very good at speaking english

Thanks!

Yes you can change the title id of an default.xbe file and the xbox1 Emulator run it with the default xefu File, made or choosen for this game.

You need a hex Editor for this. There are many on the web, just choose any one you like. Then you should go to a page wich listed Xbox1 Game title id's. Search for your Game and Copy the id. Then you need to open the default.xbe (sometimes they had other Names) with the choosen hex editor. Search for the hex, but twist the pairs.

(Sorry I am browsing mobile at the Moment)

If it is: FE53A3C0 (twist the pairs), search for EF353A0C

Then search for the title id you wanna test. Replace it in the same twisted way.

I hope I remember right :)

Another idea from my side is to create a online table document for playable and un-playable xbox1 games for the Xbox360.

A xefu question:

Okay perhaps the xefu7 is for uncompatible games, but there are more, really strange xefu files. Can anybody explain what are they do? There are also titlexx.xbe's what are they doing?

I think it should be even more easy to rename / replace xefu files instead of change title-id's with that many many possibilities of changing. If we find a stable way to rename the xefu's we could be much fester of listing and testen xbox1 games.

Greetings by

On 21/2/2016 at 7:23, PauloKoast said:

Sí, tal vez funcione, tal vez no.

Pero Stranger's Wrath no funciona con ningún ID de título, aunque no sé sobre 187, XII y Robotech, deberías intentarlo.

Sí, los archivos xefu son diferentes perfiles de compatibilidad y hay un archivo de base de datos que señala un juego para ejecutar con cada xefu, como Action Game 2 usa xefu.xex, Bycicle Game usa xefu3.xex

Cambiar el nombre del xefus hizo que el juego se ejecutara con el xefu para el que fue creado (creo que los juegos que no son compatibles se ejecutan a través de xefu7). Entonces, cambiaste el nombre de xefu3 a xefu7, y dado que se supone que el juego debe ejecutarse con xefu7, ejecutó el xefu llamado xefu7, incluso si no es xefu7 jajaja. Espero que entiendas lo que estoy tratando de decir.

El archivo de base de datos indica al xefu que ejecute el juego a través del ID del título de dicho juego. Entonces, digamos que Action Game 2 usa xefu.xex y quieres probar Bycicle Game con xefu.xex, entonces cambias el ID de título de Bycicle Game con el ID de título de Action Game 2 y se ejecutará con xefu.xex. Nuevamente, espero que entiendas lo que intento decir, no soy muy bueno hablando inglés.

Hello, I cannot find the database you are talking about, I prefer to edit the database to the TitleId of the Games, I think that if I modify the Id of the games this will affect the Id of the saved games.