RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
gavin_darkglider

[Aurora] Integrated Emulators

it was after launching the snes9x core, went to roms, list was empty. when I hit b the rom I had selected showed up with the file name, and launched. I dont know if it is like this in all cores, or just this 1. The aurora side of things worked perfectly. :) I do remember people saying that retroarch had problems with 1.0.0.2 in the menu also on the xbox, so this could be the bug they were talking about.

it was after launching the snes9x core, went to roms, list was empty. when I hit b the rom I had selected showed up with the file name, and launched. I dont know if it is like this in all cores, or just this 1. The aurora side of things worked perfectly. :) I do remember people saying that retroarch had problems with 1.0.0.2 in the menu also on the xbox, so this could be the bug they were talking about.

That's weird, when i do that it shows me the 2 Snes games i have, or the 1 when it's just 1... not sure what's causing your problem =/

I will keep messing with it then, as I said, it probably has more to do with me not doing something right then not. either way it is still progress, and I love to see progress.

Just tried it again, and it was working fine. weird. :)

• Like 1

Works much better, roms are actually working from aurora. It could just be me, but I think the contrast or brightness is off in all of the cores I tested, which are the ones I sent you roms for. It is brighter then the original systems were.

This is fixed by editing the gamma setting. It defaults to 1 I think, which is greyish, if you change it to 0 it gives you proper contrast/brightness and looks much much better. Or the other way around.

All cores are available here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/mlmk1h

If you decide to use the normal UI (start the xex as-is) you have to disable the option saying to use a different configuration per-core, as otherwise you have no input once you've loaded a rom... (you can bring up the UI again by pressing both sticks, but that's it... you can't move around in it or anything >_<)

aha that explains why I was struggling. Thanks for these cores, will test them today.

Only thing I was missing were the core options in the fbacore, but other than that it was working pretty well.

This is fixed by editing the gamma setting. It defaults to 1 I think, which is greyish, if you change it to 0 it gives you proper contrast/brightness and looks much much better. Or the other way around.

That setting defaults to 1 (on)

aha that explains why I was struggling. Thanks for these cores, will test them today.

Only thing I was missing were the core options in the fbacore, but other than that it was working pretty well.

Even once you've started a rom?

That setting defaults to 1 (on)

I think I changed the setting in retroarch some time ago and then just copied that value to the new cores config.

Tested it out just now. Works like a charm, just missing the fbalibretro core options. Tried just adding the core options config file but that didn't work so no unibios for now.

fba-diagnostics = "disabled"
fba-unibios = “enabledâ€
fba-cpu-speed-adjust = "100"
fba-controls = “arcadeâ€

Other than that all games I tried work perfectly , apart from vertical games being upside down by default. Im assuming this needs editing in the config:

# Allows libretro cores to set rotation modes.

# Setting this to false will honor, but ignore this request.

# This is useful for vertically oriented games where one manually rotates the monitor.

# video_allow_rotate = true

• Like 1

Tested it out just now. Works like a charm, just missing the fbalibretro core options. Tried just adding the core options config file but that didn't work so no unibios for now.

fba-diagnostics = "disabled"

fba-unibios = “enabled”

fba-cpu-speed-adjust = "100"

fba-controls = “arcade”

Other than that all games I tried work perfectly , apart from vertical games being upside down by default. Im assuming this needs editing in the config:

# Allows libretro cores to set rotation modes.

# Setting this to false will honor, but ignore this request.

# This is useful for vertically oriented games where one manually rotates the monitor.

# video_allow_rotate = true

This occurs also when you start a rom, then press both sticks (middle of them to bring up the menu)? i know i can't see the core specific settings when in the main menu with no rom loaded, but i think i've seen them when a rom was loaded...

Nope , even with the settings set in the config, neo geo games dont boot in unibios, which means the settings dont register. Weird, but it's the only thing I could find so far that wasnt working correctly yet.

Nope , even with the settings set in the config, neo geo games dont boot in unibios, which means the settings dont register. Weird, but it's the only thing I could find so far that wasnt working correctly yet.

Did it work in 1.0.0.2?

It works in Retroarch 1.0.0.2, but not in your custom builds I believe. I think the first line in the config should list default.xex instead of fba-libretro.xex , since that file doesnt exist, but the config writes it like that. It probably has to do with the core being renamed. I will try this first

It works in Retroarch 1.0.0.2, but not in your custom builds I believe. I think the first line in the config should list default.xex instead of fba-libretro.xex , since that file doesnt exist, but the config writes it like that. It probably has to do with the core being renamed. I will try this first

Well, try putting a seperate copy as fba-libretro.xex then, might solve the problem...

Basically the normal distribution is with salamander (the normal default.xex) which then calls the core xex, but the cores also work standalone...

Maybe, just maybe you can use the 1.0.0.2 default.xex to solve the problem, try it and see what happens... i haven't tested that...

sounds like that should work. Will test this out.

Only thing left that I would like to see is the ingame menu toggle mapped to different buttons, but thats just me ;-)

Tried it, unfortunately didnt work. Also tried your new core in the existing Retroarch build. The core works but the options don't show either. Weird..