RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
FaTaLiiTYz

Problem or not?

i updated my dash to the latest this morning using xeBuild_GUI_2.095. whats annoying is that when the console boots it stays on the xbox 360 logo screen for about 15 seconds more than the previous dash, I flashed it twice with same result?

Any advice please!

Do you have a USB device attached to your console? then that's probably the reason, it's probably having issues communicating with it the normal way (it's probably in a different phase then the xbox and it ends up taking more time then normal for them to get synced)

i have my external usb hard drive but Ive always had this prior to today's update and never had the slow boot. I am running an original jtag.

i have my external usb hard drive but Ive always had this prior to today's update and never had the slow boot. I am running an original jtag.

I don't know what to say then, JTAG's generally don't have this issue (as they boot instantly) but, there are chances that they've changed something in the kernel which effects it... idk... there's a way to check if the hdd is the cause of it booting slower or not, and that's to unplug it :)

It could also be a problem with the harddrive needing to be defragmented...

the hd is brand new only bought last week, like i say i never had this problem on my previous dash but i will unplug and test the difference and report back.

No settings have been changed on anything

well after doing the test, hd not connected 24.5 seconds from turn on to the fsd screen. hd connected 34.2 seconds :(

I did just transfer all my roms  (100GB) over onto it last night so just wondering if this is the issue, however i do have my 360 games on there which are 141 but neva experienced a slow boot until this morning.

Is your Xbox connected to internet through a ethernet cable or through wi-fi?

I use a ethernet cable, and if you do so disconnect the cable and log off from the wi-fi connection

When I have a wi-fi connection selected and I'm using a ethernet cable my Xbox takes a loot of time to boot

Is your Xbox connected to internet through a ethernet cable or through wi-fi?

I use a ethernet cable, and if you do so disconnect the cable and log off from the wi-fi connection

When I have a wi-fi connection selected and I'm using a ethernet cable my Xbox takes a loot of time to boot

always used a cable, been trying different things, seems the hd is whats causing it like swizzy mentioned. I have defragged it also, im gonna try 16767 dash again,  Dashboards are still the same, i connected a blank 500gb hd and it booted up normal so its down to the amount of stuff i have on my 1tb thats taking is time to sync, only 46gb available on that.

Its not really a problem but im just a bit picky about niggly little things :)