RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
beginner

Finally!! An Arabic translation soon [Screenshots]

Great news for all Arabic speakers out there!!  :sorcerer:

Finally, it's now possible to add Arabic localization to Aurora Dashboard.

I have developed a small tool that converts Arabic translation into a special format that renders perfectly in Aurora. It works on any normal font by the way, but I changed the default skin font to make the Arabic letters more bold and clear.

I only translated the main scene for now as a sample (check screenshots below), so if anyone was already working on an Arabic translation just please coordinate with Swizzy since he is the focal point of Aurora localization.

Thanks to Swizzy for the great translation tool, and of course always thanks to Phoenix who made all of this possible :)

Screenshot of my tool (not ready yet for publishing, but will post it soon)

Arrab.png

Screenshot of the translated main scene: (just as a sample, I didn't translate the whole thing yet)

get_Screen_Capture_Image.jpg

Screenshot of the translated main scene of Paradise:

get_Screen_Capture_Image2.jpg

Edited by beginner
  • Like 2

Awesome! can you explain how it works? i could make the translation tool save the format directly, and does it also work with persian etc.?

Awesome! can you explain how it works? i could make the translation tool save the format directly, and does it also work with persian etc.?

It's simple actually. In Arabic letters, each letter has different shape according to the next and previous letter to make letters look connected as they should be. In systems that don't support Arabic, all letters remain in their default shape which makes them look separated and incorrect.

My code simply does that job for them. It analyzes each letter in each word and checks the position of the letter and the letters before and after, then chooses the correct shape for the letter based on this criteria. Of course there are some other details like some special characters that merge together in one shape when one follows the other. I believe it really needs someone who understands Arabic language well to deal with it.

Of course it could also work with Persian because it's basically the same thing, but at the moment it  supports only Arabic.

I will still need the help of someone who understands Persian letters well to avoid any possible mistakes due to the slight difference from Arabic.

• Like 2

It's simple actually. In Arabic letters, each letter has different shape according to the next and previous letter to make letters look connected as they should be. In systems that don't support Arabic, all letters remain in their default shape which makes them look separated and incorrect.

My code simply does that job for them. It analyzes each letter in each word and checks the position of the letter and the letters before and after, then chooses the correct shape for the letter based on this criteria. Of course there are some other details like some special characters that merge together in one shape when one follows the other. I believe it really needs someone who understands Arabic language well to deal with it.

Of course it could also work with Persian because it's basically the same thing, but at the moment it  supports only Arabic.

I will still need the help of someone who understands Persian letters well to avoid any possible mistakes due to the slight difference from Arabic.

Alright, can you tell me which language you wrote this in? (C? C++? Java? .NET?) what i mean is, will you be able to make a lib i can use or so to convert back and forth? (or perhaps you'll be willing to share the code so i can implement it directly into the translation tool?) basically, i think the best solution is to have it all in one tool, of course, if you prefer you could just make it parse the xml data (it's really easy!) and make it convert between the 2 formats (viewable in windows and viewable in aurora) or perhaps it works as-is in my tool? (i know saving doesn't as it uses the "normal" way of outputting it, the way windows would do)

Something we'd also like to know is if it'll look proper with our standard fonts (segoeui for instance which is the default font of the default skin)

• Like 1

I agree with Swizzy, and if you give him the code behind it, you may be able to get your name in the credits, which will put your name in the Xbox Modding scene, right next to Swizzy's. That would be awesome.

انا ÙÙŠ نتظر لغة العربية

شكراÙ

• Like 2

Alright, can you tell me which language you wrote this in? (C? C++? Java? .NET?) what i mean is, will you be able to make a lib i can use or so to convert back and forth? (or perhaps you'll be willing to share the code so i can implement it directly into the translation tool?) basically, i think the best solution is to have it all in one tool, of course, if you prefer you could just make it parse the xml data (it's really easy!) and make it convert between the 2 formats (viewable in windows and viewable in aurora) or perhaps it works as-is in my tool? (i know saving doesn't as it uses the "normal" way of outputting it, the way windows would do)

Something we'd also like to know is if it'll look proper with our standard fonts (segoeui for instance which is the default font of the default skin)

For simplicity I used JavaScript for now because I had nothing but a text editor and a browser at the moment!!

Then I made it a desktop app using NodeJS.

I could share the code, but unfortunately I have to go back to the people I worked with years ago before,, because I based my current code on that old project and I have to get their permission out of respect.

I think it makes more sense to make it part of your tool indeed, and I can still publish my tool separately for anyone who needs it. For both purposes, I will rewrite the code using .NET after I install VS :)

The translation processed by my tool works with any standard font that supports Arabic (including segoeui, tested). I tested it also with bunch of other fonts and worked with all standard ones, but didn't work with some unknown custom made fonts I had in my archive due to missing glyphs in those fonts.

• Like 2

Guest Clarkkent91

Anyone translate that for me please? 

Screenshot_20170629-131731.png

Guest Amer

ماشاء الله

Its Mean as god (Allah) has willed it

and in some condition its mean may god (Allah) be the protector