RealModScene
tweeder24

Jtag External HDD Problems

Gonna pick your brains this morning.....Bought a bigger HDD for playing games on my JTAG (Seagate 2TB), formatted 1.4 tb to fat32 and the other .6 tb to ntfs. Transferred the files (not the isos) over from my other external (Nexstar 500 GB) and the games don't work/half don't even show up in freestyle on the new 2tb hdd, but plug in the 500 gb and they work no problem. Compatibility issue I'm guessing but not sure as the console doesn't have any problems detecting the new HDD, just will not allow games to be played. Any help would be appreciated!

Switch to the future, switch to aurora :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seagate expansion's of 2tb work fine.

Things i'd do if i was in your position.

once my onboard hdd had booted to fsd,i'd place a standalone copy of  fsd or aurora on the external & execute with onboard file manager .then when it's booted i would use file manager to manually execute a game (my externals all have stand alone dashes & have scan & covers set,as i prefer to keep them separate of my main hdd on the 360),all you need to do is set scan paths if manual booting is too tedious as you'll need to test a few games,obviously you don't need covers etc

other thing i'd look at is make sure fat32 was at beginning & not after ntfs

be sure fat32 partition is a primary partition & not on an extended partition (not sure if it'd matter or not better to be safe),a partitioning software like minitool or whatever will show this...From memory windows disc manager shows extended partitions with a green border around the partition.

External housing interface may cause issues,try hdd in known good housing ;a black cyclone or blue endless are best for this if you can get them as they can be stripped down to just the base,which makes them excellent for testing hdd's,i see the 500 you have is similar tho it would mean being very careful,as the interface on it requires removal & it & the hdd placed in a secure position & location

other option,wipe the hdd & clone the 500gb directly to the 2tb,however i feel this would be a waste of time the games on the external should work,unless there was corruption happening in the transfer.

install seagate seatools for windows & run the basic hdd tests,both short & long generic,if it passes hdd is fine,in other words the blocks on the hdd are ok

Gonna pick your brains this morning.....Bought a bigger HDD for playing games on my JTAG (Seagate 2TB), formatted 1.4 tb to fat32 and the other .6 tb to ntfs. Transferred the files (not the isos) over from my other external (Nexstar 500 GB) and the games don't work/half don't even show up in freestyle on the new 2tb hdd, but plug in the 500 gb and they work no problem. Compatibility issue I'm guessing but not sure as the console doesn't have any problems detecting the new HDD, just will not allow games to be played. Any help would be appreciated!

Switch to the future, switch to aurora :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what my problem was! I had a 500Gb and switched to a 1Tb. I tried using FSD, but it wouldn't work the way it was supposed to. Luckily for me, there was Aurora. And what an awesome thing is that! ;) Come to the Aurora side, you won't regret it!

• Like 1