RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mor123460

i can't update my dashbord to 16767 NAND IS TOO BIG (48MB).

Hi guys!

Recently I wanted update my dashbord to 16767 because i want to add some Avatar Items.

i have a 16747 dashbord version and i did all the process with this video:

and i saw in this video and some other videos as well that the size of the file flashdmp.bin is 16MB and mine was 48MB.

and i got stack when i add my flashdmp.bin file to xeBuild program and i got an error:

"can't determine if it's big or small block nand, do you want to continue anyways? (this is a sign that your nand is not properly dumped)".

so what shuld i do?

i have an xbox withe 4G internal memory and a HDD1 with 250G.

NOTE:MY XBOX NEVER WAS CONNECTED TO XBOXLIVE. 

The error message occurs, because XeBuild GUI can not handle 4G Images at these time. What you want to use is not the official XeBuild Version, its modded. Many users have problems with the unofficial builds. You can find here a tutorial, to build a correct Image.

The error message occurs, because XeBuild GUI can not handle 4G Images at these time. What you want to use is not the official XeBuild Version, its modded. Many users have problems with the unofficial builds. You can find here a tutorial, to build a correct Image.

thanks for answering so fast!

but if i do this unofficial XeBuild Version i can get erorrs or crashes?

BTW i only want to do this just for the avatar itames. do i need to update my dashbord for somthing else?

my xbox is run very good i connected to system link and i don't have ant other problem.

BTW i only want to do this just for the avatar itames. do i need to update my dashbord for somthing else?

my xbox is run very good i connected to system link and i don't have ant other problem.

It has the potential for other errors yes, i cannot say the exact ones, but there's been multiple reports of issues with the unofficial Dashlaunch 3.12 which supports 16756+

Tbh, there is nothing in 16756+ which is even worth the trouble... those avatar items... is there really a 16767 requirement for them?

• Like 1

There are some users, who have problems with the not official builds (crashes, error in operation, and so on), use it on your own risk.

It has the potential for other errors yes, i cannot say the exact ones, but there's been multiple reports of issues with the unofficial Dashlaunch 3.12 which supports 16756+

Tbh, there is nothing in 16756+ which is even worth the trouble... those avatar items... is there really a 16767 requirement for them?

There are some users, who have problems with the not official builds (crashes, error in operation, and so on), use it on your own risk.

ok i think i'll pass this update and i finally managed to install the avatar items so thanks for answering.

BTW what are the situations that i'll be needed to update my dashbord?

BTW2 Swizzy you save my ass many times and i'm very grateful about that  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

ok i think i'll pass this update and i finally managed to install the avatar items so thanks for answering.

BTW what are the situations that i'll be needed to update my dashbord?

BTW2 Swizzy you save my ass many times and i'm very grateful about that  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Normally the main reason for updating the kernel/dashboard is when new games don't work :p

Just reflash with an older nand without including dashlaunch and then simply reinstall official dashlaunch

How does that make a difference for if your dump becomes 16, 64 or 48MB?

xeBuild GUI doesn't know how to handle 48MB dumps because they weren't available when i first made the tool and i haven't bothered building a new version that does... because it's a major re-write of just about everything...

My NAND is 66M

So, you've got a 256MB or 512MB Jasper i'd assume? that's supported by xeBuild GUI