RealModScene
JPizzle

How To Set Up F3 and LiNK

having trouble getting the ports to pass. i run my xbox through a shared internet connection with my mac, can this be a problem? any help appreciated.

have you got it to work ?

Can't play blur :( Tu making the game coldnt start why ? Without tu I can see people on the public and when I joins I see only my self lol wth

Router prefered, but sure you could connect your x-box directly to your ISP with all open ports.

I'd say:

Wan port: 3071~3071

LAN port: 3071

And i asume *.*.*.65 is your xbox ip.

This setup will be for data port configurations, so u need another just like this for brodcast port, just change ports to 3072.

LINK supports system link enabled games, here is great resource of which game supports SL

tnx man really :D for the info about the link games :)

Hey. I've installed LiNK on my RGH and on my friend's RGH and it worked perfectly fine on both RGHs. We even managed to play Black Ops 2 together using system link.

But for some reason, we can no longer find any system link matches. I tried creating my own match and told my friend to join and he says it doesn't find any rooms. same thing happens if he makes a match, I cant find any matches.

Why is it happening suddenly?

Hello, ill add some info iv learned and what i was doing to make it show positive things.

1. i was folowing provided guide and it worked very good.

2. my internet connection is like this : i have ethernet cable(main internet) pluged to my SWEEX LW310 router as main cable, then i have ethernet cable (lan) pluged from my xbox360 to my router, then one cable goes to my pc again ethernet(lan) cable. that way i have pretty much work around connection in ftp and http.

3. as for port forwarding part i was abit sad, cuz i never did it and never worked for me lol.... but at sweex options in port forwarding tab i made :

1000 to 1001 both tpc and UPNP there was function asking wich to enable, iv inserted my Ip at end, as it automaticaly provides ip, and just saved settings.

4. then i went to jqe settings, before that i loged on jqe360.com ON MY PC and made sure iam typing correct password and id. after typing all data to xbox i pressed link console.

5. it went very well then i entered these settings to "PLUGIN SETTINGS"

[v] Always on [ ] Always off

[v] Enable UPNP for port mapping

DATA Port: 1000 Broadcast Port: 1001

6. i pressed TEST, at first try i got log in problem authentication or something lol. i dunno why, but as i pressed LINK Console to Jqe360 again in general settings i made it pass the TEST again flawlesly.

7. was happy and everything but hey its not the end iam not in the game yet ><

so i picked random game : Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

8. ok, now i go to dashlaunch 3.04 and make sure iv enabled DevLink AND PINGPATCH, dev link was disabled that time i checked.

9. now i enter game library, find my game Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and press Y (options) and enter "MANAGE Title Updates" it downloads me few updates, 1,2,3,5 i check em all and start game !

10. when game is at in game Menu, i press GUIDE BUTTON the middle big xbox circle, i enter system link i enter room, to be honest i dont know what at this point i did but there was alot people that moment like 180+, anyway i made room and after few mins people started joining my room.

11. great now we can start playing !

12. I pick multiplayer, check my connection is system link, and host a room.

13. nows the funny part, after few mins of waiting i keep seeing rooms in local conection already hosted by other players, i try to join em and i get error, that TU is not matching... wait i just downloaded latest tu's.... ok, i host room myself and no one is joining, i made myself some coffey for this "waiting" at kitchen...

14. today ill try something diferent like other game, or maybe i remove tu's instead of using latest ones and maybe ill download pal and ntfs versions of games. to test this thing and find atleast my problems and inform others on this not very calibrating connection.

15. i have only few questions from others if anyone doesnt mind :)

1. does fake like or other that type options in dashlauch matters here ?

2. is it true that others are playing without newest tus ?iv readed here in forum somewhere....

3. maybe anyone noticed wrong spot i made so far ?

4. not a question, i think others who is playing link should share infos aswell what they did, what are using, and how playing and other, by collecting this info we could find solutions and stuff lol,

16. iam very sorry if iam missed something from forum posts, i readed pretty fast lol

17. i could make video guide how i went through all process but... i dont have no soft or good camera for this, but i have vga to pc cable i can change my view on TV to see what iam doing on PC, that way i watch movies, maybe anyone can give advice ?

good luck to who i abit helped... ill add more info later after ill make : 14 step i mentioned.

ps. theres so much missing with this link and lacks few very needed functions, but as for beta its succesfull good job, looking forward for future updates.

EDIT: Tested Gears of war 3 with latest dlc on, and latest tu installed (all turned on) worked pretty nice, played online today

A little help here would be great...

I have followed the Tutorial for set up but can't seem to get "PASSES" every where. Here is my set-up..

F3Plugin-

Enable Link: Always On (ticked)

Enable UPNP: (ticked)

Data Port: 3071

Broadcast Port: 3072

DashLaunch-

DevLink: enabled

PINGPATCH: enabled

Linksys WRT610N-

UPNP enabled:

Posted Image

Port forwarding:

Posted Image

During the "TEST"

Pass - UPNP

FAIL - Both TCP and UDP in Data Port Status

FAIL - Both TCP and UDP in Broadcast Port Status

Pass - JQE360 Status

While in a game (BO2) I can go to Guide/System Link and see rooms and also join rooms. But when i try to load a room in game it shows nothing and refreshing changes nothing...

Help Please..

If anyone could help with this question?

I pass everything..but when im in game I either cant see anyone on the list or when a server does appear a message pop up saying "unable to join session"???

I have to add my 3 cents to this LiNK setup discussion. So I configured everything as suggested (set up port forwarding in my D-Link router, set and activate jqe360 account) and when I run LiNK test I always got "fail" for both data and broadcast ports. But I was desperated so I just start the game, go to LiNK connections and you know what? It was working! I was able to join Dirt3 room and even made some races with LiNKED guys :)

When I switch off back to Freestyle3 I run again LiNK connection tests - both data and broadcast ports were stated as "fail".

So it looks that for some reason tests are not the final sentence - results they could be wrong.

Just try to play even tests are failed.

Port forwarding:

Posted Image

During the "TEST"

Pass - UPNP

FAIL - Both TCP and UDP in Data Port Status

FAIL - Both TCP and UDP in Broadcast Port Status

Pass - JQE360 Status

While in a game (BO2) I can go to Guide/System Link and see rooms and also join rooms. But when i try to load a room in game it shows nothing and refreshing changes nothing...

Help Please..

You did set up both ports 3071 and 3072 in one line in port forwarding settings. Try to set them separately:

in first line set up start - end port as 3071, enable both protocols and set up your xbox ip address.

in second line set up start - end port as 3072, enable both protocols and set up your xbox ip address.

(don't forget to check both "enabled" boxes on the right)

This should be proper setup - both ports (data and broadcast) should be set up in separate lines.

Hope this will help :)

ogik there might be same problem iam having, but its not our problem, try changing something with TU disabling all of them or downloading latest ones, something isint matching if u cant join. if tu doesnt match ur not playing lol

try diferent game it helped and made me sure its not my fault.

Guys iam wondering does antivirus might do something with this ? like blocking tcp and udp ports going out? might adding exeption in antivirus maybe can solve this FAIL happaning ?

is jqe360 down ?

i registered 2 accounts , with 2 emails, checked inbox and spam and never got their confirmation email

Guys iam wondering does antivirus might do something with this ? like blocking tcp and udp ports going out? might adding exeption in antivirus maybe can solve this FAIL happaning ?

Do you have any Antivirus running on your XBOX? If you run antivirus or any firewall soft running on your PC how this could affect your XBOX settings? Or your router... Fail happens on XBOX - > router so this can't be related on your PC antivir or Internet security application.

If your rooter does not support UPNP you always can configure port forwarding manualy. If u dont know how, use google, i saw there is video tutorial for your router.

Regarding UPNP, my router supports it but i still use manual configuration, because u never know when u get some malicious progs, that open 'doors' for other his friends to come in to your network :) And imho, upnp still bugy in this beta release, it didnt work for me in the first place, so i didnt bothered any more :)

Thanks for your reply!

I know how to manualy do the port forwarding in the NVG510 but it doesnt seem to work. If youre not using UPNP do you uncheck it in FS3 settings?

well yeah maybe iam wrong, some random thought, trying to help here .....

dont know how to test this thing differently, ill try to take my xbox tomorow to my friend and try with his router linksys that is.

is jqe360 down ?

i registered 2 accounts , with 2 emails, checked inbox and spam and never got their confirmation email

hello iv registered with gmail account, and didnt had any problems, even after forgeting password i was able to recover with same email in gmail. i get email pretty fast.

• Like 1

Here is another question?

Does it matter that I dont have dashlaunch installed? I cant run it since im on the latest kernel...16202

I can connect to link fine but no servers will show no matter what TU I activate?

I'm having trouble with the ports, they will never pass. Is it because I'm using wireless and not wired?

Is it possible to use LiNK with wireless?

Does it matter that I dont have dashlaunch installed? I cant run it since im on the latest kernel...16202

I can connect to link fine but no servers will show no matter what TU I activate?

YES - it does matter. In first post=setup instruction you CAN READ "MAKE SURE you have enabled DevLink AND PINGPATCH in dashlaunch !!!". So without DashLaunch you cannot enable it, right?

I'm having trouble with the ports, they will never pass. Is it because I'm using wireless and not wired?

Is it possible to use LiNK with wireless?

Wireless or LAN it should not matter. You have to be able to get proper connection/port forwarding through Wireless. It's the question of right router settings and maybe some others Wi-Fi settings on your network. I'm connected with LAN (not wireless but cable) and also still get "fail" when running tests... :(

Without having DashLaunch installed, DevLink and Pingpatch cannot be enabled.

If you updated to kernel version 16202, DashLaunch will not work because a new version is required.

In which case, you should revert back to 16197 (no games require 16202 anyway) and install DashLaunch 3.04.

You did set up both ports 3071 and 3072 in one line in port forwarding settings. Try to set them separately:

in first line set up start - end port as 3071, enable both protocols and set up your xbox ip address.

in second line set up start - end port as 3072, enable both protocols and set up your xbox ip address.

(don't forget to check both "enabled" boxes on the right)

This should be proper setup - both ports (data and broadcast) should be set up in separate lines.

Hope this will help :)

I have tried that with no luck. I also tried to do the separate ports with separate protocols so "3071 to 3071 enable TCP and then a second line for 3071 to 3071 enable UDP" and then the same for 3072 and no luck. I have also tried to change port numbers/range and i also moved the Xbox to a different IP within my network and no luck.

Any other ideas that I can try? I have kind of hit a wall?

Link is thee most awesome way to connect to others on a jtag/rgh. Xlink Kai would never work for me and neither would xblink but this worked like a charm first time around. All I have to say is everyone needs to get up on this because it is epic.

Hello RealModScene Team,

at first: GREAT WORK AT ALL!!! KEEP GOING!

I have registered yesterday with my Username ccSoulchild at jqe360.com. But i did not received any validation mail till now. When i link my console to jqe360.com it shows me that it is succsesfully connected. But when i am testing the F3Plugin it always fails.. Is it related with the missing validation?

Thank you all in advance

got everything working but the port forwarding running att router if someone can give configuration for a 2 wire gateway i would really be thankfull jqe.com is regstering this is going to be great thanks for all the work