RealModScene
Drawkcab

Unity / LiNK issue, having the damndest time...

First of all, I would like to say a big HELLO EVERYONE HERE @ RMS! 

I have spent countless hours here. I have drank many coffees here. I have been yelled at by my wife like no other for bieng here too much HAHAHA!

A huge thank you to all the MODS, Teammembers, and generally awesome people here for your knowledge and courtesy. I am late to the whole "360" mod scene, but not the the scene in general. I'm usually pretty decent when it comes to hacking/homebrew/modding, but i'm always following a RMS guide in the end and i just wanted to say thank you for that!

NOW, my stupid issue with LiNK / Unity / JQE360 / Freestyle Plugin (Or whatever)...

I had made an account at JQE360 i BELIEVE a little over a month ago (i'm pretty sure when doesn't even matter anyway)
Now i understand that all JQE360 accounts were switched automatically to UNITY accounts. I can and am logged in currently on my PC, and my 360 has no issues connecting either.
My issue is with the actual "System Link" area of this whole setup.

Lets use Advanced Werrrferrr as an example (not too sure of the rules on what "gamez" we can post) ...

I turn on my RGH 360. (I had XBDM.XEX loading @ startup, but not anymore. i read that it interferes with LiNK)

I have it set to launch FSD3 Rev 775 on 16767 dash (or kernel?) and autosignin is disabled. So i go ahead and launch Advanced Werrrferrr...

Go to Multiplayer ---> System Link ----> and i sign in, select a device and everything is good so far. I press the "GUIDE" button, select "SYSTEM LINK" in the Xbox menu, and it shows me rooms. a bunch of players. I press "A" to join a room, and success!

now, i press "B" (Or guide, neither matters i think), and select join game. And that is where i am stuck. 

I can see the active people playing, everything looks good, lightning quick it seems, too! But, i can NOT for the life of me find any games to actually join beyond this point. And this is with ALL of my games, which is ALL of the games lol.

I have the latest TU's, i have all my settings set properly, UNITY API Key is valid, XBOX is DMZ because my port forwarding is fukky and doesn't ever seem to work properly.

Any help would be greatly appretiated, and again thanks to everyone involved in the scene, i hope to be here awhile ;)

• Like 1

Hello Drawkcab and thank you for your kind words,

You may want to try downgrading from 16767 to 16747 as 16747 is the latest OFFICIAL build supported and the unofficial build is known to cause issues for many people. Once you have done thank make sure you also have the latest OFFICIAL version of dashlaunch installed along with your avatar data.

If issues continue and all tests are coming back clean in your LiNK Test area of settings I would want to make sure that you have a static IP set  for your Xbox n your routers settings.

After attempting my suggestions please come back and let us know how it went.

Good luck.

Does it matter that i have already done the Avatar update for the 16767 kernel? I have done a NAND backup, and am prepared to reflash as a 16747 to enable the LiNK features...

And yes, i have Static Ip setup, 

Does it matter that i have already done the Avatar update for the 16767 kernel? I have done a NAND backup, and am prepared to reflash as a 16747 to enable the LiNK features...

And yes, i have Static Ip setup,

No, you can install the 16747 Avatar data over 16767

i m having same problem too

i can join rooms but can't join games .....

Do you pass the Verify Link tests? do you not see any games when you go to search for them or do you see them but cannot connect to people? etheir way, disable any/all dashlaunch plugins before making any attempts at troubleshooting, this is the number one thing you should always do to make sure there's no conflicts

When I am having problems with finding games, I am shutting down the console, rebooting my router and waiting until the internet connection is back and start the xbox.

only Ports were failed.Can u give me a easy tut

I changed my net to 4g is that the problem ? Sry for my grammer. lel

Probably yes, 3G/4G and other mobile networks generally don't support portforwarding... get a stable broadband connection and you'll have it working in no time!

Etheir way, Mobile networks are generally NOT stable enough to play games with... they might work for it, but the experience isn't going to be as good as if you had a broadband connection which is constant...

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Had to go to work :(

I managed to flash my NAND with the OFFICIAL 16747 kernel, and everything went smoothly. I check in DL and it shows as 16747, RGH2, Trinity...

But the issue is still persistent. I can join rooms, but not games. I have tried in FSD3 Rev 775, and i have tried in Aurora 0.3b (Which is soooo sick! i love it, and am in the process of creating a new fakeanim and skin.... so fun!)

I have even tried joining the LiNK rooms on the Unity site, but to no avail.

My connection is with a really good provider in Canada, i get minimun 6 Mbps download, which isn't much. Maybe that's the issue?

You've of course enabled pingpatch?

What results do you get when using the Verify LiNK?

most issues are related to the router, seeing as you cannot portforward correctly it'd seem that your router is no good (seeing as you have to use DMZ) but, pingpatch is the first thing you want to check, make sure it's Enabled (true), you might also wanna try hosting a game and waiting for a few minutes, if you've got IRC you can pop in there and let me know when you're around so i can help you test if it's working or not when hosting a game (if hosting works, so should playing with others, as long as your ping isn't horrible)

• Like 1

Pingpatch = true

i will try all this in a little while, im just ... "relaxing" after work for a bit, and then i will report back ASAP.

As for the LiNK results, I actually get a Fail/Fail, but read reports that for some console setups, it's just a bug. I was never able to access the System LiNK area before, because it was greyed out. But after mucking with the router and blah blah blah , i ended finally gettiing to the point of where we are now, So i figured i maybe had "the bug" but maybe not. 

So yeah, give me some time and i will be back

Thanks!

Pingpatch = true

i will try all this in a little while, im just ... "relaxing" after work for a bit, and then i will report back ASAP.

As for the LiNK results, I actually get a Fail/Fail, but read reports that for some console setups, it's just a bug. I was never able to access the System LiNK area before, because it was greyed out. But after mucking with the router and blah blah blah , i ended finally gettiing to the point of where we are now, So i figured i maybe had "the bug" but maybe not. 

So yeah, give me some time and i will be back

Thanks!

I believe your router is the issue honestly, mostly when it fails on the ports it's because they're not forwarded properly, i think it was in the early days of LiNK which this test didn't fully work, but it should work in the latest version, especially in Aurora...

• Like 1

Well, it don't feel good....

it's still not working, and now it seems that my games don't like the new 16747. Most didn't work, so i removed the scan path, deleted the games files, and restarted. Added the scan path again, and now it will only show me 6 of the games. 

le sigh....

So anyway, i solved the issue with the games not showing. I had to rename the folder on USB:0 that my games were in. Seems after the update (or downgrade) FSD didn't want to recognize that folder anymore, no matter what i did.

Still no LiNK though, but working on things.

If I run the test, using a UPNP enabled router, it fails all ports, but I have successfully played on link with the settings the way they are. Then again, I havnt actually played on link in a while.

if i connect my 4g router to my TPlink ?

That won't change the fact that your connection don't allow it ;)

UPDATE:

I figured out that the issue is indeed my router settings.

I went in deep (I have an ADSL modem attached to a wireless router) and changed my ports, set BOTH to static IP's, i went crazy...

All in all, it worked for a day or so, but then my ISP didn't like my Static IP setup and things went down for my whole network. I had to reset everything.

So basically with my connection setup, i can't do it ATM.

UPDATE:

I figured out that the issue is indeed my router settings.

I went in deep (I have an ADSL modem attached to a wireless router) and changed my ports, set BOTH to static IP's, i went crazy...

All in all, it worked for a day or so, but then my ISP didn't like my Static IP setup and things went down for my whole network. I had to reset everything.

So basically with my connection setup, i can't do it ATM.

So, your ISP sucks :D