RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.3b - Released!

You should be getting a callstack aswell, can you paste that one?

Here it is, log file with the callstack file....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Zk89uXFEZ1YllaMjBkWU1Bcm8/view?usp=sharing

I will try to downgrade to dash 16747 first as i think it might be the problem ...

i accidentally updated to 16767 last month without knowing its not officially supported...

Thanks for all the hard work put into making this and for sharing it with the community! I'm blown away by the appearance and features. If I was on the fence before I'm surely a believer now. So long FSD and thanks for the memories.

Thanks for the great work done. Is it possible to help you with the translation? I looked at the topic, but it's locked and the Translate Tool isn't available for download. If you'd like to have Czech translation I'd be glad to help. :)

Hey guys! I've had this idea for a pretty long time now, and I would like all of you who are reading and replying to this topic to read this:

OK, so my idea was in the next update, for everyone to have the ability to send messages to players while on LiNK. My guess is that the only way "sending messages to other players" would work, would be to send the message to that player while on LiNK in the game room that you are in. (At least I think that maybe the only way. That's the best idea I could come up with of how that would work.) You would also have the ability to change your settings on Aurora as to how you send and recieve messages. If there is a player (account) that you are blocking, then you will not recieve any messages from him/her unless you unblock that account. Also, if you recieve a new message, you will get a notification on Aurora/in-game. If any of you guys like this idea and want to help me push this idea to make it happen, PLEASE PASS IT ALONG!

(Edited) Anyway, here are the pictures that I made of what the messages could look like! I worked really hard on them. NOTE: These are just templates, not the actual thing. Just so everyone can understand what it may look like. You may notice that I didn't add any icons to the Xbox Guide as I thought I'd leave that idea to the team.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ox0U1SoL!aZcDhTYcxUWUY0hBZPB2A7anbEYge6-GVxqJr0D3P-I

https://mega.co.nz/#!Op9zHJoR!ae-WLvbFr-8LsT4tpFzTflaJ_wkzuZu08XOUXiJ8vBg

https://mega.co.nz/#!Lk00FDSC!jX6qo_UFHhtE-qwPfQpaGEtBFW4xMUCnyjVOkSKjou4

Soon enough once LiNK and the rest of all of this has been perfected, LiNK might destroy Xbox LIVE!

Swizzy has already seen this (as he was the original person I sent this to) and he said he liked it! (he didn't literally say he liked it, but that's what I assumed when he said: "I saw your ideas. I'm Keeping your PM for later.") Again, if any of you guys like this idea and want to help me push this idea to make it happen, PLEASE PASS IT ALONG!

This would have a better chance of working if they updated or used/make a new plugin for Aurora as this will not work for specifily Aurora. The plugin is for the change of the Xbox Guide.

Edited by DustinWolfe117
  • Like 1

Is it possible to get a Trainer pack from xyzmods with all Trainers?

Thanks for this Release !

Not at this time... also, you have to use Aurora compatible trainers... not just any xyz project trainer

Hey guys! I've had this idea for a pretty long time now, and I would like all of you who are reading and replying to this topic to read this:

OK, so my idea was in the next update, for everyone to have the ability to send messages to players while on LiNK. My guess is that the only way "sending messages to other players" would work, would be to send the message to that player while on LiNK in the game room that you are in. (At least I think that maybe the only way. That's the best idea I could come up with of how that would work.) You would also have the ability to change your settings on Aurora as to how you send and recieve messages. If there is a player (account) that you are blocking, then you will not recieve any messages from him/her unless you unblock that account. Also, if you recieve a new message, you will get a notification on Aurora/in-game. If any of you guys like this idea and want to help me push this idea to make it happen, PLEASE PASS IT ALONG!

Anyway, here are the pictures that I made of what the messages could look like! I worked really hard on them. NOTE: These are just templates, not the actual thing. Just so everyone can understand what it may look like. You may notice that I didn't add any icons to the Xbox Guide as I thought I'd leave that idea to the team.

Soon enough once LiNK and the rest of all of this has been perfected, LiNK might destroy Xbox LIVE!

Swizzy has already seen this (as he was the original person I sent this to) and he said he liked it! (he didn't literally say he liked it, but that's what I assumed when he said: "I saw your ideas. I'm Keeping your PM for later.") Again, if any of you guys like this idea and want to help me push this idea to make it happen, PLEASE PASS IT ALONG!

I think first and foremost, you need to understand that Aurora and Xbox Guide/LiNK are NOT the same thing.  If you remove the freestyle plugin from your plugins directory, your HUD changes and Link will no longer work.  So when you make suggestions for the next update- please keep in mind an update to Aurora will never change functionality found in Freestyle Plugin.

Now that said- the implementation of messages, friends, and all the stuff you want in LiNK / FSP are not lacking because we don't know how to do it, its because of the current infrastructure in how LiNK is built and the memory restrictions in Xbox Guide.  

We are working on some new stuff that may or may not see the light of day- we are always playing around wtih things with the hopes to improve our projects.  For now, LiNK and the Freestyle Plugin aren't going to change, so let's focus on improvements to Aurora and the fact that its a dashboard used to access our game libraries.

We appreciate the input, thanks!

Anyway, here are the pictures that I made of what the messages could look like! I worked really hard on them. NOTE: These are just templates, not the actual thing. Just so everyone can understand what it may look like. You may notice that I didn't add any icons to the Xbox Guide as I thought I'd leave that idea to the team.

That would be an awesome feature, but that seems like a lot of work, not only on the Freestyle Plugin, but also on the link server software. Also, I was under the impression that the plugin uses up to much memory on the xbox as it is(Just confirmed by MaesterRowen). I could be completely wrong, but I would add to that list on the plugin a Trainer option menu, so you can easily adjust game modifications, and to the link side of thing, a popup that tells you when you join a system link lobby if the host is using trainers or not. Either way, the biggest thing that should be changed in the Plugin, is the fact that it still says Freestyle Home, instead of Aurora Home.

All that being said, It would be awesome if they would integrate a media player that supports more then just mp3,wma,wmv files, that doesnt require xell, and also works with DLNA servers. I really hate that most of the stuff I stream from my computer has to be re-encoded on the fly, it uses up to much CPU time, especially if 2 or 3 people are watching videos on xboxes throughout the house. As I said before, I am quite happy with the new Aurora, and have no complaints, and I REALLY appreciate that the DEVs are taking the communities advice, as far as adding what we want to aurora.(File Manager, Language Packs, Built in Trainer manager, etc). At this point, I cant think of what they could do to make it any better. I am sure they will find a way though. :)

I like the version. Just deleted freestyle and installed Aurora. For now im satisfied.

What a no go is the current preview feature. I could not manage it to get into full screen. Looks like it is not possible yet.

Also for the plug in.

I think you should be more professional in organizing stuff. The freestyle plug in is used by aurora, which contains LiNK, a file browser and tempview. I think you should update the name first and neither call it aurora nor the outdated freestyle - plug in. It's a HUD exension/plug-in for both dashboards and are available even when team dragon creates a new named dashboard like rabbit.Because of the functionality, it has mainly nothing to do with the dashboards itself.

I think it is also the part where you should look next into after your next updates, otherwise it gets boring.

That's my two cents.

Thumbs up.

I like the version. Just deleted freestyle and installed Aurora. For now im satisfied.

What a no go is the current preview feature. I could not manage it to get into full screen. Looks like it is not possible yet.

Also for the plug in.

I think you should be more professional in organizing stuff. The freestyle plug in is used by aurora, which contains LiNK, a file browser and tempview. I think you should update the name first and neither call it aurora nor the outdated freestyle - plug in. It's a HUD exension/plug-in for both dashboards and are available even when team dragon creates a new named dashboard like rabbit.Because of the functionality, it has mainly nothing to do with the dashboards itself.

I think it is also the part where you should look next into after your next updates, otherwise it gets boring.

That's my two cents.

Thumbs up.

There's been no name change because it was originally developed for FSD, then it was carried over to Aurora... there'll be new stuff as we get closer to the goals, i can't go into details right now because we're constantly adding and changing things, one day we might have a feature which the next day isn't there or works in a completly different way... so, all i can tell you is that there are many many great things to come, we're far from done ;)

• Like 2

Well that is awesome to hear/read. We see a big move and that is what matters to change things for better.

Keep up the great work. Plan it and make it even greater as it already is. Unite.

I think first and foremost, you need to understand that Aurora and Xbox Guide/LiNK are NOT the same thing.  If you remove the freestyle plugin from your plugins directory, your HUD changes and Link will no longer work.  So when you make suggestions for the next update- please keep in mind an update to Aurora will never change functionality found in Freestyle Plugin.

Now that said- the implementation of messages, friends, and all the stuff you want in LiNK / FSP are not lacking because we don't know how to do it, its because of the current infrastructure in how LiNK is built and the memory restrictions in Xbox Guide.  

We are working on some new stuff that may or may not see the light of day- we are always playing around wtih things with the hopes to improve our projects.  For now, LiNK and the Freestyle Plugin aren't going to change, so let's focus on improvements to Aurora and the fact that its a dashboard used to access our game libraries.

We appreciate the input, thanks!

I would like to apoligize that I said Aurora instead of plugin. But hopefully one day we can send messages to other players (accounts) through LiNK. As this can help improove it. For example:

I want to play on LiNK on Halo 4. I see People are playing. I notice that I can hear everyone (that are talking) but they do not hear me. "What should I do? They can't hear me. Wait, I know! I'll send them a message!" This can help improove communication between players if somebody has this kind of problem, or if they simply do not want to use their mic. So what I will do is edit my original message to be more correct. Either way, thank you for reading my message.

Thank you so much Phoenix, Is there a possibility to add "Lock with password" mode?

So everything but launching applications is disabled in lock mode.

This will be very helpful for parents and public places too.

• Like 1

Also for the plug in.

That's my two cents.

Thumbs up.

Freestyle Plugin is a plugin made for FS3 and it happened to also contain our LiNK code.  The reason it was named Freestyle Plugin is because the plugin works so hand in hand with FS3 such that no other program can launch it unless it is configured perfectly to mimic Freestyle.  

If it wasn't for LiNK, we would have ditched support for Freestyle Plugin in the first build of Aurora; however, because we know a lot of people use and love LiNK, we went through the hassle of adding special embedded resources, imports and settings into Aurora just so Freestyle Plugin can continue to load and LiNK can continue to be used even when on Aurora.

If we decide to make changes to LiNK, it will not be in Freestyle Plugin... it will be in a plugin that is meant to work with Aurora through and through with no ties to Freestyle Dash.   That said, we have a lot we are doing and we have a lot to be done...making a Freestyle like plugin is a LOT of work, so I am glad we took the extra time to make it compatible with Aurora.  This way fans of Aurora can still use LiNK.

I will go on record right now and say that Freestyle Plugin and LiNK as you are currently using it will never be updated.  If we decide to create something more specific to Aurora ( and we are always constantly working on stuff ), it will be a new plugin/application/dll completely.

We love to get feed back and suggestions on what you would like to see and for us to implement.  We have a massive list of things everyone's requested in both Aurora and for the LiNK service and are playing around with a bunch of those ideas.  We understand that you want messages, you want friends, you want something that can replace Xbox Live; and maybe one day something like that will come around.

Continue to leave us feedback and ideas improve Aurora, we love that! 

anybody else has the crash issue when viewing achievement via aurora's menu?? is it really only me? 

• Like 1

anybody else has the crash issue when viewing achievement via aurora's menu?? is it really only me? 

We are looking into it.

EDIT:  Fixed it- will be repaired in next update.

The white text is hard to read when highlighted. Can please change to other color? Just a suggestion, the logo design can be improved with leaving only the A and use normal text for the name 'Aurora'. It will be nice if we can choose between multiple flat ui color themes.

So any trainer I get I just put them in the trainer file with the game ID folder and it will load.  All trainers but XYZproject trainers they are comming out still am I right or wrong.

So any trainer I get I just put them in the trainer file with the game ID folder and it will load.  All trainers but XYZproject trainers they are comming out still am I right or wrong.

That's incorrect, for TU's to be loaded by aurora they need to have some specific data (telling it which TU's it's compatible with, which cheats/mods it has etc.) therefor, right now there's only XYZProject trainers which will be loadable in Aurora, and they have to specifically specifying that it's Aurora Compatible... to the best of my knowledge, these guys are porting over hundreds of trainers as we speak, if they haven't already done so...

I wrote a tool for them to use to generate this extra data in the format Aurora expects it, to make it easier for them to do... and anyone else that wants to be using it, i probably should upload it to github now that Aurora is released, we've already shared it with the XYZProject guys during development of the new Aurora

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I'm from Russia please send me the english file, try Aurora translate into Russian.

also errors

1. crashes when selecting achievements in Aurora

2. Each game update (download cover) downloaded the same was 5 was 10 and they are repeated.

Hello everyone, I'm from Russia please send me the english file, try Aurora translate into Russian.

also errors

1. crashes when selecting achievements in Aurora

2. Each game update (download cover) downloaded the same was 5 was 10 and they are repeated.

Check the Translations pack thread, we have russian already, and... there you also find the english xml :) i uploaded it last night iirc, or was it this morning?

1. We've already fixed that ^ but, if you can send us your callstack, that'll be helpful to see if you have the same crash

2. For all games or just some? can you show us some examples? it could be that the covers that has been uploaded for the games are in a bad format...

Great staff! I am from Russia too and if you need some help with translation I'll be happy to help. 

-After adding the new folder with content the aurora starts to download the covers, but if I will add the path to the game without internet connection, next time the aurora will not download the covers, so I have to delete the path and create it from very beggining wit internet connection to get the covers.

-Can't launch the dash.xex (original) from any folder via file manager while I am into Aurora, I have to launch the FSD and using him launch the original dashboard.

@KOC2000

I made that suggestion already in the support subforum.

@MaesterRowen

I understand now. Well that's even a better plan.

• Like 1