RealModScene
AmirJohnson23

RGH / FSD won't recognize external Fat32 HD

I have a 2TB external seagate harddrive, formatted FAT32 on primary partition, and FSD will not recognize it. When I load my stock dash I see it in the device menu, but there it says that the USB is not formatted correctly. I've reformatted the drive to Fat32 but still no luck. I also have a backup drive, same size/brand and that is not recognized either. Please help, Thanks!

I have a 2TB external seagate harddrive, formatted FAT32 on primary partition, and FSD will not recognize it. When I load my stock dash I see it in the device menu, but there it says that the USB is not formatted correctly. I've reformatted the drive to Fat32 but still no luck. I also have a backup drive, same size/brand and that is not recognized either. Please help, Thanks!

Did u let xbox360 configure it? Like whenever u plus in a new hard drive it prompts for configuration just select yes and then u're ready to go. And one more thing did u make partitions in ur HD or it's wholly formatted to fat32 and as far as I know fat32 partition should be logical not primary.

Thanks man, I didn't let xbox format it as I understood it would only format 30gb and create it's own partition. But I did try later just to see what would happen and I received an error message.

I also understand that the the drive should be primary not logical. I don't have any partitions.

Thanks man, I didn't let xbox format it as I understood it would only format 30gb and create it's own partition. But I did try later just to see what would happen and I received an error message.

I also understand that the the drive should be primary not logical. I don't have any partitions.

The Xbox 360 doesn't make it's own 30 GB partition, it creates a virtual device contained within some data files in a hidden directory on your harddrive named "Xbox 360", the maximum size it will create for this is 32GB