RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
lloyde1

Mame360 roms not working. Help please

Hello everyone

Xbox 360 slim, Corona V2 (nothing but fun/problems)

Dash: 2.0.16747.0 RGH 2, Coolrunner 3 lite

I was able to modify the 360 and it has been running fine for quite some time now. My child is very happy but I decided it was time to relive some of the good old days.

I am having problems running roms using mame360.  The n64 and snes emulators run fine.

I have followed this tut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EhGFqzoMvg which uses “Angel0fDeaths MAME360†files I have also tried other tut as well.

There are some roms included in the files which work fine but I have downloaded some http://coolrom.co.uk/ ect , only for testing purposes because I intend to purchase them, but none of them work. They load to 100% and then reloads the emulator home page. I have search Googled to see if I need to patch them but have had no luck.

I have also tried using mame from http://www.homebrew-connection.org “EmuCR-MAME-0.72-Release-2â€.

File structure:

Xbox HDD:

HDD\EMUS\MAME360 - *also tried just “MAME†*

USB:

“USBâ€:\Emus\Mame\roms\*SomeGame*

If the roms in the “Angel0fDeaths MAME360†pack work then why not others?

Am I doing something wrong, is there a simple trick or am I just plain stupid? I have search and search. I know some of you clever members on here will be able to help me.

Thank you in advance, any help is welcome and appreciated.

gavin_darkglide over at http://team-xecuter.com informed me that the Mame360 can only run mame v0.72 roms. I was trying to play killer instinct gold/2 but sadly it is not available on mame v0.72 and the n64 emulator controls are a nightmare so it’s back to the drawing board.

I am on this forum also. lol. You are welcome for the answer though.

• Like 1

The Mame360 version has, unlike the PC version, no generic CPU Emulations, which are necessary to reproduce individual hardware environments. This is very Important,because the arcade machines used different CPU  Architectures. In contrast to the PC MAME 0.72, many games did not run on Mame360. Besides all of your used Roms must correspond, to PC Mame 0.72 version. You can use the Rom-Manager  ClrMAMEPro (with DAT-File 0.72 & and the relevant update files), to check your Mame Roms.

the n64 emulator controls are a nightmare so it’s back to the drawing board.

I am not certain about this, but I know they make an n64 controller to usb adapter. You might try this with the n64 emulater. I havnt tried it, but if it doesnt work, you could try adding a cronusMax to the equation also. Might want to check there site, and see if it is compatable with these controller adapters.

I am not certain about this, but I know they make an n64 controller to usb adapter. You might try this with the n64 emulater. I havnt tried it, but if it doesnt work, you could try adding a cronusMax to the equation also. Might want to check there site, and see if it is compatable with these controller adapters.

Netheir is... CronusMax could easily get the support tho...

• Like 1

it is ironic, because I have a cronusMAX, that I hardly use. Mainly because I prefer the xbox controller, and my brother in law is a playstation man. So you would think being an owner, I would know what controllers are supported, but I havnt looked in to that in quite a while, as the only N64 game I play is Zelda, and the xbox controller works all right for that. I would play goldeneye, but the xbox controls are horrible for that.