RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiya

TU's Problem when Upgrade to 0.2 [Fixed]

Hello Komrades! (Firts, sorry my translation)

I make this video to show to all of you the reason why i dont change the menu Aurora 0.1a1 to 0.2.

The error that appear me on my Xbox is this:

[in Aurora 0.1a1] Well, all my TUs are installed inside the OnBoardMU, and they not appear in the "game cover options" (Pressing Y button), even if the TU's not appear in the options, they work really nice in the game, and the "apply tittle update" window do not delay, that's brilliant.

[When i Update from the Aurora 0.1a1 to Aurora 0.2] When start Aurora menu, "scan" all the TUs in the drives storages, after that, the TUs appear in the "game cover options" and showme the drive storage were the TU are installed (HDD1-OnBoardMU-UsbMU), when i active the TU and start the game, in some games, the TU look like is not active, well, i go back to Aurora to chek if i forgot active the TU and appear active.......start again the game and again the TU appears not active.

I go to chek the TU in the OnBoardMU drive and i look that my TU are not there!!! Whats append with my TU? The Aurora erease the TU?

That its a "bug" really irritating, because i not have a BIG ONE Hdd1 (only the 20gb version) to install all the TU's and DLC what i wanna have.

Here its the video, i make it testing in CoD: BO 2, Ghosts and Halo 4:

I hope that error came fixed in the next Aurora version.

See ya latter.

Your video cannot be viewed as you've set it as private, please change that...

Does the error occur with all games or just some games? does it occur with all devices or just some devices?

I change the video to public view.

That not happend with all the games, but if i qualify them....... 8/10 of all the TUs in the console are been ereased, in the video you can see in the CoD BO 2, the TU are working fine with the TU inside the OnBoardMU drive, by the way, in this recording video that TU appear anf work fine, but i have 3 Xbox and in 2 of them dont appear the TU.

What model of console is it? a Trinity? Corona?

Might be an error with a specific model, and for testing it out, and checking what the actual problem is, we need to know that aswell, on the harddrive it always works? or?

If you can write down a step-by-step guide for us to re-produce the error, it'll be alot easier for us to check/fix it, but... seeing as it's not for all games it's likely that you are simply not having enough storage for the update to be applied (copied to the storage device)

Hello.

Well, my Xbox its a Corona V2 model, and i prefer instal the TU's Manually and have it inside UnBoardMU drive, but if the TU have less than 10mb, then i make the download from Aurora.

Here its the "Step by step" how i do the upgrade:

1.-First i turn on the xbox, when Aurora start, i press Start button and go to the seccion "About" and press "A" in the button Download and i wait to finish the download.

2.-After the download, i press the buton "Upgrade", Finishing the Upgrade, i go to chek the Aurora version.

3.-After that, i go to check the TU's in the games covers and look's fine.

4.-I Active the TU of the game, verify the Unity conection and start the game.

In Some games the TU's installed inside OnBoardMU work fine, otherwise if the TU not see to be active, i go to "System configuration"-"Device Manager" to inspect that.

The answer i told it before, the TU not appear inside the drive. In few days i go to buy a Hdd with 1tb capacity, but i wanto to still having the TU inside OnBoarMU.

Apology for the delay of my answer.

The thing is, this is how it's always worked, it backs up your TU's to it's own location, in the versions prior to 0.2b it didn't have the Corona MU paths defined, so it wouldn't touch that device at all... maybe it's an issue with the cache type of TU's? i need to verify that with the developers... but... it doesn't sound like a major bug, it could be that your TU is not beeing fully copied or something (not sure)

Etheir way, i DO NOT recommend using the internal MU on a Corona... wanna know why? it's because the internal MU is on the same device that have the rest of the NAND (the bootloaders and everything like that) any write error may cause this device to be messed up, causing it to not boot anymore... it's not super likely, but, when it occurs it's a pain to fix it...

• Like 1

The thing is, this is how it's always worked, it backs up your TU's to it's own location, in the versions prior to 0.2b it didn't have the Corona MU paths defined, so it wouldn't touch that device at all... maybe it's an issue with the cache type of TU's? i need to verify that with the developers... but... it doesn't sound like a major bug, it could be that your TU is not beeing fully copied or something (not sure)

Etheir way, i DO NOT recommend using the internal MU on a Corona... wanna know why? it's because the internal MU is on the same device that have the rest of the NAND (the bootloaders and everything like that) any write error may cause this device to be messed up, causing it to not boot anymore... it's not super likely, but, when it occurs it's a pain to fix it...

Well, if you say so i go to upgrade and chek another...theory....

If Aurora make a Back up from the TU in the same location drive, i go to bing it 30min to Aurora before i go to play a game, i go to try that and tell you the result.

Wish me luck comrades.

[Edit]

YAAAAHHHOOOOOO!! IT WORKS!!!

Making a totaI count of all the TU inside the OnBoardMU the result is 649MB installed, i only left pass 30 min in mi first Xbox and all TU inside OnBoardMU works fine, in the second Xbox ony left 25min and too, in the last Xbox that i have, only left pass 15 min and all TU's work nicely.

I only think this: When i make a copy of a game from a USB drive to the hard disk, take me 15min of a game with a weight of 7GB, well, if the game take 15min passing, all the backup make less than 15min...well, at least i think that.

Thank you for you time and help komrade Swizzy.

• Like 1