RealModScene
falaga

[Unity] Anti-Cheat suggestion for COD Black Ops II

Hello guys,

I thought about how there could be a working cheater protection for BO2. Maybe there could be a plugin, which checks some certain offsets and finds out if somebody is cheating? This plugin should only be active in Public Rooms and Private Rooms, which are not tagged with [M] (=Modded) or [H] (=Hacks allowed).

I was searching on the internet for offsets and I found the following no-host "cheat"-offsets for Black Ops 2:

0x821F5B7F -> Redboxes ({ 01 } is on, { 00 } is off) This is only used by the game if a VTOL Warship is being used by the player (luckily you have a special sight/vision while doing this, so if a player has Redboxes on and not the vision/sight, it means he must be cheating. Unfortunately I can't find the offset for this sight, found only the PS3 offset for it, which is 0x178102B. Its usual value is 0x00 and it is 0x02, 0x08 when the VTOL is used).

0x82259BC8 -> Recoil. If it is 0x82259BC8 { 0x60, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }, the player has no recoil (which is never happening in the normal game). So if this is being detected, it also means the player must be cheating. Usually it is 0x82259BC8 { 0x48, 0x46, 0x13, 0x41 }.

0x821F608C -> Coldblooded. If this is 0x821F608C { 0x60, 00, 00, 00 }, the game will ignore the coldblooded perk and you can still see verybody with a target finder or a dual band scope (this never happens in the game, so the player must be cheating). The normal would be 0x821F608C { 0x41, 0x99, 00, 0xC8 }.

0x821FC04C -> Player Transparency, can be used as "wallhack". If it is 0x821FC04C { 0x38, 0xC0, 0xFF, 0xFF }, every player is visible through every object. This never happens, so the one who is doing this must be cheating. The usual would be 0x821FC04C {0x7F, 0xA6, 0xEB, 0x78 }.

0x821B8FD3 -> Orbital VSAT ({ 01 } is on, { 00 } is off) Unfortunately I didn't find any offset, which has some certain values when it is activated in the normal game ("legit").

I hope this might help a bit, if there was ever something in this direction planned.

Me and many other players would appreciate such a cheater protection. There are sooo many cheaters at these days.

• Like 3

it sounds great and all, but... i don't think we can detect this... unless we hardcode it all into Aurora, and... that's quite a bit of work... nobody is going to use it to mark that they are cheaters, so... essentially the idea is good... but... has a huge flaw...

• Like 1

How about this:

All plugins a player uses must be "verified" / checked before he can use them in puclic rooms, else he will just be allowed to enter modded lobbies/hacks allowed lobbies.

If there is a plugin like JRPC, XRPC etc. he will just be allowed to go to modded lobbies. (same with trainers; those like camo trainer you should be allowed to use, because it doesnt give you any advantage, but nothing like wallhacks etc...)

In many cases it is not possible to completely prevent cheating.The latest State of the Art Cheating routines, run directly in the Kernel Space of the OS.

They are practically invisible to check routines. Such methods cant be practically not prevent

• Like 1

Of course it won't be possible to completely prevent it, but I am talking about to stop most of the cheaters.

1-You stop cheaters by not gaming with them Dah!!!

2-instead game with players you know & only those who have headsets.

3-set up games with regular players & password the room

4-i assume there's also the ban function on link that if you get x amount of votes your booted off this is where all players having headsets comes in; headsets also help to gang up on any cheat which i might add as is quite fun;even funnier when they get booted then come back in under another handle;again this is why its best to game with only headsetted peeps to deal to cheaters,there's another thing regarding a cheater coming back i most probably shouldn't mention it however ;a hint is people are creatures of habit game with x players long enough you get to know there gaming style regardless of handle they use

5-complaining about cheaters in a public game & getting ass whooped for not doing all the above is your own fault so quit whinging

6-i rest my case.

Ok from all the above numbered 1-4 will they work & if not why not,well i ain't been on link ever; last time i was online was back in PS2 days,the above is what i used to do & is not a case of do as i say not as i do