RealModScene
robinmeade

How to transfer everything from 120GB to 320GB

I want to upgrade my HDD to 320, I have 120 with Freestyle installed on it, so XBOX will not boot without that hdd. I was reading some tutorials on how to make the 320 to work, and it seem like everything worked except after formatting with tools provided and installing something to my hdd to make it work with XBOX, after I plugged in that hard drive with transfer cable to my PC it's not fatx and I can see the system files from before formatting, bizzzare!! Anyway here is the link to the tutorial I have used (I hope it's ok to link it) http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/3152-hack-250gb-320gb-500gb-sata-harddrive-work-xbox-360-xbox-360-slim.html

Maybe someone can give me something better. I don't think this tutorial is good for hdds with freestyle

i seem to recall using nxe (original ms dash) to format it,you'll need serial number of console,once thats done i use the 360 setup disk which makes partitions inc original xbox partition & the setup disk also installs the avatars

ok transferring the junk from old to new,i usually ftp from comp to the 360 & create a backup on computer then ftp all the crap back again,you should be able to use an external housing with fsd file manager once new drive is setup i would think tho it's pretty slow which is why i prefer backing up to pc & use filerzilla or 360 content manager

use the tuts section here it'll have what you need,if you can't find the 360 setup disk i'll create an upload of it in iso

well this should get you going check the tuts 1st there maybe another way of doing it tho the above method works for me,only issue you'll have is a 320gb hdd it'l fill up fast

Thx for the reply, but how can I format on xbox 360 that has freestyle installed on original HD and won't boot without it? I can't swap the hard drives while it's on obviously.  

Can't I just format on pc?

you dont need FSD to format the hdd. plug in hdd, goto system settings, storage devices, and it will show up there, and you can format it with the xbox. As this is an rgh console, you dont need to flash the hdd with security sector. this also opens up the possibilitys to 2TB. Any way, after it has formatted, which requires the serial number that is in the about console section, you can create the original xbox partitions, and install the hacked xbox emulator files. From here, I would suggest getting the Xbox HDD transfer kit, to transfer the data with fsd, as you can copy the entire content folder, and games folder fairly easy.

Here is the important question is rgh console supposed to turn on with or without 120GB HDD? Because when I removed the hdd console does not boot?

Or am I supposed to plug in the additional hardrive through USB plug (via an external enclosure)?

EDIT: Disregard the info about not booting. I guess it was fluke. It booted now with new hard drive in

FSD is stored on the hdd just like an operating system like windows

nxe/metro (microsofts dash) is on the cpu like a PC BIOS which means hdd or not it will still boot it just means you go to the Microsoft nxe/metro dash

what this means is you have an option to boot to nxe/metro or fsd depending on which controller buttons you push,fsd is usually setup as default dash & bypasses nxe/metro after all the old fat arcades have no hdd

Thank you. I have just formatted the hdd and indeed it booted to original nxe (for some reason it didn't want it first few times I tried, hence I concluded it will not with F3 on), now I gotta to transfer everything off 120 to the 320. Thank you

Yeah my jtags are real fickle when booting occasionally get black screen or rrod a reboot/s fixes it,i've concluded the 360 is shite at hardware detection unlike a pc

if all goes well the link below will allow you to access my cloud based 360 software collection,you don't need to download the whole 360 folder you should be able to just go through the files & sub folders to get what you need,you can web search if your not sure what they are & do,the hard drive iso setup disc is there also,most files are in their respective named folder i.e 360 software for pc in in the 360 software for pc etc,etc,there's a covers folder for any covers for games that are missing it's still a work in progress,there's homebrew software covers as well,you can see what they if thumbnail view is enabled

360 software for pc:-

party buffalo

lefluffie app

le fluffie app & horizon

360 content manager -ftp program designed specifically for the 360

......................................................................................

360 Video Game Extraction Software for pc:-

360Extract ISO - extract contents of video game from iso to ftp to 360

iso2god - makes a GOD folder of a game for the 360  to ftp to the 360

https://mega.co.nz/#F!eVtjTYwQ!WKUsLPor5fdF_-L_LKJCmg

Thank you, that's very generous of you! I'll definitely take a look, as backing up with xplorer360 didn't work. I was afraid that it might restore the image as 120gb and it sure did, and on top of it didn't even boot like the 120 does, it just said in the settings that there is 10GB free like on 120, while it should be about another 160-180GB free or so. So  it's a double fail. I'll have to follow your advice about transferring.

yeah xplorer 360 is useless,party buffalo or lefluffie app is what you need,you also maybe able to use X360_FatX_USB_Explorer,should be there under pc software