RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
gamer07

Games wont run off of external seagate expansion 2tb

I formatted the drive fat32 and put my games on the drive,I hook it up to my rgh slim and it recognizes the games and the hard drive but when I go play the game it comes up with the error to re download the game. I have another drive,a Seagate backup plus 2tb and everything works fine with this one,I was just wondering if the expansion drives wont work with the rgh? I tried fsd,aurora and xex menu,same result with them all.

The issue is most likely that one (or more) of the game files didn't copy correctly...

That's the most common issue in your situation, i've not heard of a specific harddrive not working at all... or having this type of issues (unless it was broken)

I reformatted the drive and put  2 games on the hard drive, And I got the same outcome. I just wasn't sure if this drive just wasn't compatible,I have searched online and found nothing,Im just using my backup plus which works fine,I just wanted to use the expansion because it sits flat,my backup plus stands up. Im wondering if its the drive that is bad or going bad, Ill have to run a scan on it and see,thanks

Try using a software program to format to fat32 instead of your pc, try something like EASEUS Partition Manager or failing that let your xbox format it.

I hope this helps :)

Try using a software program to format to fat32 instead of your pc, try something like EASEUS Partition Manager or failing that let your xbox format it.

I hope this helps :)

How do you format without using software? o.O

The best way to format it for FAT32 (for windows) is to use GUIFormat if you ask me :) (this tool have no other functions then format, which is what makes it so great, it also don't have any other filesystem support, which makes it perfect for this purpose, especially for someone that's new to all of this stuff)

I used Paragon Partition Manager 2013, I have GUIFormat also, but Ive been using the Paragon program with no issues,this is my first hard drive that I have ran into, that wouldn't work. I just ended up formatting my backup plus 2tb and been using that one again,I just thought it was weird that the expansion didn't work,thanks