RealModScene
kira125

[Aurora] Trailers and a suggestion

Hello I wonder if its possible to delete trailers after you saw it

i didnot dowload anyone yet, because the are heavy and i didnt know how to delete them if i didnt like it

and a suggestion to add a button in the preview lab to let you dowload the trailer  and to delete it if you want

and another one to let you dowload more images

also i think the size of the lab to see the preview images is too small

thanks for your time and all the work you put on this

and sorry for my bad english

We will look into the option as I agree the trailers do require a lot of space.  Right after release we got streaming working so in future versions you'll also have the option to stream the trailers over http instead of downloading....

Thanks for the suggestion.

Having media stored locally, someting simalar to this (see attached)

When Scanning is done, it can first look for files locally (on hdd/usb) and then download it, if not found...

Meaning it can be added/changed without an active internet connection

Auro Folder will not grow so big, so fast..... :)

post-58292-0-86964000-1449839885_thumb.jpg

Having media stored locally, someting simalar to this (see attached)

When Scanning is done, it can first look for files locally (on hdd/usb) and then download it, if not found...

Meaning it can be added/changed without an active internet connection

Auro Folder will not grow so big, so fast..... :)

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6180-update-information-aurora-06b/ <--- Something similar to that is in the works, "Asset Importer", it won't read the contents of the game folder or anything like that, it'll scan a specific local folder... however, all of that information will still be stored in the custom asset format despite being available locally so the size of the Aurora directory will remain the same, infact it'll be even bigger unless you delete the local assets when done... this is done for multiple reasons;

1. Speed, it's much faster loading the textures straight to memory then reading a png converting that to a texture then using it... it's also much faster to read a database then parse a series of text files to get hold of the information required for each game (we load the database to memory when aurora starts)

2. Manageability, it's alot harder to deal with this format ^ if aurora was to handle it for you like it should...

Each title also have their own assets directory, meaning every copy of the game (or even every disc) have their own assets, which is there so you can have multiple versions of the same game (think japanese vs. european vs. american for instance, where some sequences may differ or even whole levels may be different etc. etc.) and have different covers for each one, or even different covers for each disc...