RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.2b by Phoenix

Aurora 0.2b Is Here!

We have put a lot of work into this release.  While the primary goal was to continue to fill out the game details scene with the disabled items, we did manage to include a few new options and changes that hopefully you all will find useful.

Below, We've outlined the additions, changes, deletions, and fixes.  Take a look and please enjoy!

New Scenes:
DLC Browser - This scene will allow you to browse your DLC for your retail games and delete DLC if desired.  Additionally, if you browse DLC for any titles that are under the ScriptData = "Emulators" it will display a list of roms for that emulator.  There are going to be some assumptions in the this first iterations of the the ROM Browser, such as your roms being in a subfolder called "Roms" in the particular title's folder.  We've also added the ability to set launch data for ROMs- this means you can press (A) on a ROM and it'll launch the emulator with launch data set-  it'll be up to the emulator authors to support direct loading ROMS from there.
343ncxu.png25hmkif.png
Saved Game Browser  - This scene will allow you to browse your Saved Games and delete them if desired.  Not much more to do at this point, but is at least a little bit of management in that area.
1zvaezt.png
Preview - This scene will allow you to browse through the screenshots downloaded during the Content Scan process.  It will also allow you to play the trailer that was downloaded, if available.   Note:  To play all trailers you will need the Optional Media Update.  Click here for installation directions.  
2z4ydjs.png

Achievements - This scene will allow you to browse through the achievements that the signed in profile has unlocked.  Secret achievement description can be revealed at the push of a button.  Not much else to do, but a good way to check your progress in a game.
2vv9t1g.png
11l7cdk.png
Synopsis - When the game description is longer than the viewable space in the game details scene a new button will show up to the bottom right of the synopsis to allow you to open a viewer of the synopsis.  This will allow you to scroll through and read all of the details.
2uq17y8.png
Overscan  - This scene will allow users to adjust their overscan from within the dash without having to modify the database.
2u44jkw.png
Changes
  • Unity Username and Unity Password will change from profile specific to system specific.  ( You will have to reset this up after booting for the first time)
  • Addition of a "Updates are Available" notification at boot of Aurora, if new updates are available (can be disabled by modifying database)
  • Support accents and special chars in Unity Username field (and other text fields)
  • Fixed rendering bugs that can occur with custom Coverflow layouts
  • Fixed TUs not saving to USBMU and consequently not applying correctly
  • Added wallpaper shader.  This is basically a configurable Pixel shader that allows you to warp and animate the background ( there are still issues with it when using it in conjunction with overscan- these will be resolved in a future release )
  • Fixed bug in FTP Server that kept you from browsing to the Game: folder has been fixed
  • Reversed the TiltLeft and TiltRight motions in some coverflow layouts
  • Added new subtitle LUA script to give show achievement information in the Game Details
  • Fixed issue with Downloading status not showing the proper queue size
  • Fixed issue where XNA game titles were receiving 'FULL TITLE' in the title name
  • Fixed formatting issue with FTP 'FEAT' command causing it to not work properly with some FTP clients
  • Added FTP 'SITE' commands: STORAGEINFO, DRIVEBYTESFREE, RESTART, REBOOT, SHUTDOWN, MEMORYINFO.  Use command 'HELP SITE' for description and usage information
  • Added support for OnBoardMU for corona systems- not sure how we missed this originally
  • Added Flock by Phoenix coverflow layout
  • Added Lazy Stacks by Swizzy coverflow layout
  • Added Spiral Stack by Swizzy coverflow layout
  • Fixed UTF8 encoding issues in multiple places
  • Changed the way custom user filters were stored allowing users to more easily share scripts.  Created same method to share scripts for sort scripts and subtitle scripts as well
  • Added ability to view game background while in the game details scene by pressing the Back Button
  • Fixed issue where DLC would get scanned during the TU scan at boot.
  • Fixed other minor skin glitches and logic bugs
Supported Languages
The following is a list of translations available in this next release.  If you have a language that is supported and not already completed that you would like to translate for us, please contact Swizzy on these forums.
  • English  - Default Language
  • German - Translated by Dr.Gonzo
  • French - Translated by Nordsudteam
  • Spanish - Translated by Gromber
  • Italian - Translated by MatteIta
  • Portuguese - Translated by SpkLeader
  • Polish - Translated by PrzemysÅ‚aw KoÅ‚odziejczyk
  • Russian - Translated by Cosmaty
  • Swedish - Translated by Swizzy
  • Turkish - Translated by Saywaking
  • Dutch - Translated by Mattie
Future Updates
There is still a lot we would like to do with this dash and this most recent update has proven to us that our foundation is strong.  In the future we want to bring you more functionality to further solidify its place as the definitive dash alternate for the Xbox 360.  We are working on things like a file manager, quick view options, title specific settings, and more-  stay tuned and enjoy!

Thanks for helping us test our new dash replacement and look forward to bringing even more functionality in the future.
Special thanks goes to SpkLeader, Swizzy, Trajik, coz, Jpizzle, Blackwolf and Biohazard for their behind the scenes involvement and assistance in testing and preparing this package

Support:
Please post bugs in the support forum.
Or check out #RealModScene on Efnet for support

Current Versions:
0.2b r697 Binaries
0.2b r697 Skin
3.0b r801 Freestyle Plugin

Downloads:
Link:   Aurora 0.2b.rar
MD5:     5CFA2291A95CB63359618178165F58F1

Note:  This update is available via the Auto Updater in Aurora.  For the update to succeed you must be on version 0.1a.1.  You can find that download here.

Cheers,

Phoenix

I am a user who doesn't appreciate much (Translated by BioHazard).

now thats funny lol Biohazard.. sorry for sounding like a dick. its just the one and only reason I haven't switched to aurora is no WebUI. sorry for not being happy without WebUI

• Like 3

Very Nice Update. Cant seem to find the dlc browser, or the rom browser for the emulators. Still needs an option to rip games, and a built in file browser. also is there a way to copy the covers and title updates from fsd to aroura? I really dont want to have to download them all again.

Thanks for this release! It works like a dream. Probably already mentioned before. Hope you guys make sections for homebrew,emulators,XBLA,etc by pushing up or down on the d pad that would make this dashboard epic! Even tho it is already epic. other than that its a masterpiece thank you for this!

• Like 1

Wow! The DLC Browser is awesome!

Congratulations for the work ^^

All we need now is WebUI to change/add covers, or have a way to do this and I dont know?

hello guys,

i would like to participate in adding a new language (Arabic), can someone please point me to how?

thanks,

hello guys,

i would like to participate in adding a new language (Arabic), can someone please point me to how?

thanks,

Right now Arabic isn't supported (we don't have a way of selecting language manually yet, and we're currently using the dashboard to tell what language to use, the currently supported languages (which are missing) are:

Japanese

Korean

Traditional Chinese

Norwegian

Simplified Chinese

Send me a PM on here and i'll keep it for when we add support for other languages not supported by the Xbox 360 dashboard, i'll at that point send you the things you need to make a translation, however... Arabic will probably be harder to translate to then other languages due to it beeing a left-to-right language unlike the others (if i am not mistaken?)

Very Nice Update. Cant seem to find the dlc browser, or the rom browser for the emulators. Still needs an option to rip games, and a built in file browser. also is there a way to copy the covers and title updates from fsd to aroura? I really dont want to have to download them all again.

This is a part of the "Details" screen... if you still can't find 'em, you don't need 'em ;)

The file browser will be added in an future update, as you can see in the post...

Right now there is no way to convert the FSD covers to be used by Aurora, maybe in the future you'll have a tool to do so...

Title updates, those you just have to install in the correct folder and start Aurora and it'll handle them automatically ;)

Thanks for this release! It works like a dream. Probably already mentioned before. Hope you guys make sections for homebrew,emulators,XBLA,etc by pushing up or down on the d pad that would make this dashboard epic! Even tho it is already epic. other than that its a masterpiece thank you for this!

There are plans of making a way to switch filters quickly, just wait and it'll be added, we've got many things coming in future updates ;)

• Like 2

i stil think that filter suck...bring tabs guys ..dont be so stubborn about it!....

• Like 1

i stil think that filter suck...bring tabs guys ..dont be so stubborn about it!....

Don't be so stubborn about your ways etheir, if you want f*ing tabs, stick to F3... we're creating something new here, if you don't like it, don't use it... we're NOT changing this EVER

Keep asking about this shit and you'll be banned from RMS

• Like 5

God bless you for this few words :) as You said we need something new not refreshed design and same options :) Big thanks for update and of course have a nice day!

Don't be so stubborn about your ways etheir, if you want f*ing tabs, stick to F3... we're creating something new here, if you don't like it, don't use it... we're NOT changing this EVER

Don't be so stubborn about your ways etheir, if *ing tabs, stick to F3... we're creating something new here, if you don't like it, don't use it... we're NOT changing this EVER

lol really??? okay bann me i can life without you ..using words like fu*king ..and sh*t ..that's real mature. If you can't handel request why u making it public? keep it for yourself.

all i did was give you my oponion ...you guys suck, and your filters suck too how about that...cant you see every second somebody is asking for it????. cause it's a (with your words) fu*king logic move to do!!! look at ps4, look at wii ,look at M$ xbox, look at F3, look at Nintendo ds (flashcards) look at Ps3 look at Ouya and Android, look at fu*king...evvveryythinnng what do you think they did to sort games ...no not filters ...yeah tabs bingo! and you know why ...cause it works..but you smarter right ...do what you want. i dont care anymore it. ...if you got so hurt about the word "suck" i apologize, but what you said is much worse. bye

lol really??? okay bann me i can life without you ..using words like fu*king ..and sh*t ..that's real mature. If you can't handel request why u making it public? keep it for yourself.

all i did was give you my oponion ...you guys suck, and your filters suck too how about that...cant you see every second somebody is asking for it????. cause it's a (with your words) fu*king logic move to do!!! look at ps4, look at wii ,look at M$ xbox, look at F3, look at Nintendo ds (flashcards) look at Ps3 look at Ouya and Android, look at fu*king...evvveryythinnng what do you think they did to sort games ...no not filters ...yeah tabs bingo! and you know why ...cause it works..but you smarter right ...do what you want. i dont care anymore it. ...if you got so hurt about the word "suck" i apologize, but what you said is much worse. bye

Ok lets all just keep it nice here.

The tab request is getting old. We've seen it, we said we would come up with something else. We don't need to hear it every release we do.

Half of the systems you mention do not have tabs at all, they have lists or filters. The only difference is SOME have the filter list as the top level.

If we would all do what everybody else is doing, we would never get new and/or better stuff.

We've heard you. It's noted. We're trying to make something new and, in our opinion, better. Nobody forces anyone to use Aurora, or not use F3 (or xexmenu for that matter... no tabs there)

And it's not like we've seen anyone else make anything for 360 lately. We could just not release it to public and keep it all to ourselves then, if the majority is not happy with it.

Ok lets all just keep it nice here.

The tab request is getting old. We've seen it, we said we would come up with something else. We don't need to hear it every release we do.

Half of the systems you mention do not have tabs at all, they have lists or filters. The only difference is SOME have the filter list as the top level.

If we would all do what everybody else is doing, we would never get new and/or better stuff.

We've heard you. It's noted. We're trying to make something new and, in our opinion, better. Nobody forces anyone to use Aurora, or not use F3 (or xexmenu for that matter... no tabs there)

And it's not like we've seen anyone else make anything for 360 lately. We could just not release it to public and keep it all to ourselves then, if the majority is not happy with it.

ok i apologize again. like i said, do what you want i dont care anymore

• Like 1

take it easy guys, no hard feelings, we are all humans yes? :)
without a doubt we all appreciate your outstanding and most importantly free offering.

Swizzy; yes it is right-to-left. never mind my request in this case, perhaps sometime down the line when things are more relaxed i'll bring it up again.

btw, I'm trying to access via http to modify some things (covers, snapshots..) but i can't even ping the xbox when I'm in aurora, is http not yet active or something?

thanks for this lovely update and for bringing the trailers support in, awesome feature.

• Like 1

without a doubt we all appreciate your outstanding and most importantly free offering.

Swizzy; yes it is right-to-left. never mind my request in this case, perhaps sometime down the line when things are more relaxed i'll bring it up again.

btw, I'm trying to access via http to modify some things (covers, snapshots..) but i can't even ping the xbox when I'm in aurora, is http not yet active or something?

thanks for this lovely update and for bringing the trailers support in, awesome feature.

There is no http in aurora (yet). We're still debating the best way to do cover / screenshot / description editing

Send me a pm and i can contact you when we're adding support for this type of languages, otherwise i'll probably forget about it... i keep all pm's i get, and in the future we'll probably add support for more languages, but left-to-right is harder to implement then others due to that... it just looks wierd with the skins as we have it now, right now we simply replace the strings with whatever the translation says to put there... doing so with a left to right language causes it to look wierd

I've already got a request for hungarian aswell, that'll be added later on aswell... but not any time soon...