RealModScene
alxskater

question about updating flash

Hi, I fix an old fat Xbox360 with Samsung driver (dash 2.0.8955.0 with Lt 2.0). I was trying to use jubgleflasher to update to 3.0, but when I connected to notebooks (one with win 7 32 and other 64) didnt get recognize the driver (changing the pc BIOS setting and using an adapter from SATA to USB and power supply from xbox). Can someone help me to update it without using the flashing board (I dont have the key of the driver because i didnt do it before)

Thanks

Samsung don't have LT+ 3.0

Etheir way, you need special hardware, you can't just grab any SATA -> USB hardware, this won't work... also, samsungs may need to be started with tray half open...

I'd recommend getting a x360USBPro v2 and using it to power your drive aswell as communicating with it...

Samsung don't have LT+ 3.0

Etheir way, you need special hardware, you can't just grab any SATA -> USB hardware, this won't work... also, samsungs may need to be started with tray half open...

I'd recommend getting a x360USBPro v2 and using it to power your drive aswell as communicating with it...

Is an Xbox 360 fat Xenon with Toshiba Samsung TS-H943A Driver.

Cant Samsung be updated to LT +3.0?? -_-

Is it possible to update it without that board? (like the liteon drivers 

).

Thanks

Is an Xbox 360 fat Xenon with Toshiba Samsung TS-H943A Driver.

Cant Samsung be updated to LT +3.0?? -_-

Is it possible to update it without that board? (like the liteon drivers 

).

Thanks

The latest firmware for Samsung is LT 2.01, there is no need for LT+3.0 for these... it doesn't have support for the security stuff that Liteon does... therefor, it's been disabled...

You can use your computer as-is also, but only if you have a compatible chipset... and you clearly don't... therefor i'd say; get one of these if you really want to do it on your own...

It's highly NOT recommended that you use the console for power, mainly because if there's a power surge for any reason you'll mess up your console... this can be very difficult to fix...

The latest firmware for Samsung is LT 2.01, there is no need for LT+3.0 for these... it doesn't have support for the security stuff that Liteon does... therefor, it's been disabled...

You can use your computer as-is also, but only if you have a compatible chipset... and you clearly don't... therefor i'd say; get one of these if you really want to do it on your own...

It's highly NOT recommended that you use the console for power, mainly because if there's a power surge for any reason you'll mess up your console... this can be very difficult to fix...

Do you mean, if I have the LT 2.1 It will be able to read newest backup games? (i had it in the box for 5 years for the ring of death).

Can i update the dashboard? (with USB or download from live) or will disable the flash?

IMAG13242.jpg

Do you mean, if I have the LT 2.1 It will be able to read newest backup games? (i had it in the box for 5 years for the ring of death).

Can i update the dashboard? (with USB or download from live) or will disable the flash?

IMAG13242.jpg

You can indeed update from USB, and yes, 2.01 will work with all games...

• Like 1

If i keep the reader half open, does have be recognized by the computer?

If i put an swith to the power cord (in both indicated in the youtube tutorial), does have to work?

When im updating, do I have to set to stock before updating?

Thanks

If i keep the reader half open, does have be recognized by the computer?

If i put an swith to the power cord (in both indicated in the youtube tutorial), does have to work?

When im updating, do I have to set to stock before updating?

Thanks

The video you linked to is specifically for Litoen DG16-D2S, that part will NOT work on your samsung...

It should show up in Jungleflasher no matter what state it's in, however, the tray half open trick is used on some older CFW's for samsung, same goes for a 0800 disc (activate.iso) ultimately tho, it comes down to the chipset used wether or not it works... if you can't find it Jungleflasher with the chipset you are using right now, you'll have to find a different one...

I really apreseate your help Swizzy.

How can i keep the driver half opened? just ejecting with the Xbox and then power off and replacing de cords and have to still in the same position?.

Do i have to get to stock before updating or just update it?

The update of the dash have to be before or after the update of the LT?

Thanks again and sorry because Im a noob

If the Xbox drive have LT 2.01, when burn backups, how can i write it? if the isos in the web are in LT 3.0.

If the Xbox drive have LT 2.01, when burn backups, how can i write it? if the isos in the web are in LT 3.0.

Use the same method as for LT+ 3.0, The thing about LT+ 3.0 is that it bypasses the AP2.5 security crap that MS added, but because Samsung's don't support it there's no need for it, it doesn't read those sectors... therefor, the games will work perfectly fine no matter what method of patch was applied (LT+ 3.0, LT+ 2.0 etc. it doesn't matter)

• Like 1

OK. Think I will send the reader to someone smarter than me (or someone who have the ck3), cause I cant did it with an desktop machine (it recognized but fail in step 1 when search in port the device information and step 2 when making "summy unlock", made with the driver in normal state and with the half open tray too... and appear as no key found).

The Ck3 here is selling at 90 box aprox and send to flash it 20 box aprox (in USD). I dont think i will Use it again many times.

I will only finish the mod to help the air in and enforce the air out (with an external power line) and hope thats it (and waiting for my other console with dual nand (in the service trying to find an Trinity or compatible dual nand mother or wait to develop some way to use dual nand in corona 4g)

Thanks Swizzy.

and waiting for my other console with dual nand (in the service trying to find an Trinity or compatible dual nand mother or wait to develop some way to use dual nand in corona 4g)

A friend of mine mentioned how to do it recently, basically you have to add lot's of 10k ohm resistors and use a Demon, i haven't tested it myself tho...

But, i think it was only for v4/v6 corona

• Like 1

Oh, thanks for the advice. Do you gave some diagram? or something? I dont Want to screw an 4g motherboard XP.

Use the same method as for LT+ 3.0, The thing about LT+ 3.0 is that it bypasses the AP2.5 security crap that MS added, but because Samsung's don't support it there's no need for it, it doesn't read those sectors... therefor, the games will work perfectly fine no matter what method of patch was applied (LT+ 3.0, LT+ 2.0 etc. it doesn't matter)

Hey Swizzy, do you know the limit of storage for an home made (2,5 WD notebook hdd in the ms case) hard drive in fat Xbox360?, i know that an 320 Gb have no problems, but its support an 500Gb hdd? (Ms now sell 500Gb hdd for slim sonsoles)

Hey Swizzy, do you know the limit of storage for an home made (2,5 WD notebook hdd in the ms case) hard drive in fat Xbox360?, i know that an 320 Gb have no problems, but its support an 500Gb hdd? (Ms now sell 500Gb hdd for slim sonsoles)

For a retail console the current limit is 320GB, untill someone drops a 500GB HDDSS file, you'll be limited to that... once you have the 500GB HDDSS you'll be able to use 500GB HDD's aswell (well, the full 500GB space that is)

• Like 1

The video you linked to is specifically for Litoen DG16-D2S, that part will NOT work on your samsung...

It should show up in Jungleflasher no matter what state it's in, however, the tray half open trick is used on some older CFW's for samsung, same goes for a 0800 disc (activate.iso) ultimately tho, it comes down to the chipset used wether or not it works... if you can't find it Jungleflasher with the chipset you are using right now, you'll have to find a different one...

Hi Swizzy,

The dashboard is with the last version ( Fat Samsung ms28 with LT 2.0). I tried to update the driver to LT 2.01 with "summy unlock", but always says "step 1 fail" (the driver was recognized but the key was, I read that sometimes when having troubles can be updated pressing "intro / Device ID" button.

Should I flash to stock version or just update to 2.01? because I read something like if I update some dash without going to stock it will be banned. Thanks.

Hi Swizzy,

The dashboard is with the last version ( Fat Samsung ms28 with LT 2.0). I tried to update the driver to LT 2.01 with "summy unlock", but always says "step 1 fail" (the driver was recognized but the key was, I read that sometimes when having troubles can be updated pressing "intro / Device ID" button.

Should I flash to stock version or just update to 2.01? because I read something like if I update some dash without going to stock it will be banned. Thanks.

I've worked with this shit for 6 years, and i've NEVER restored it back to stock before updating the kernel or anything like that, none of our customers have come back with a ban caused by this, however... they've been banned for other reasons like playing games long before release and such...

Bottom line; it's a redundant step done by paranoid ppl

I've worked with this shit for 6 years, and i've NEVER restored it back to stock before updating the kernel or anything like that, none of our customers have come back with a ban caused by this, however... they've been banned for other reasons like playing games long before release and such...

Bottom line; it's a redundant step done by paranoid ppl

I Dont understand....

I send the drive to an asshle and now the driver dont appear like "TSST corp" appear as HL-DT-ST.

Impr%20pant.jpg

Im following this guide ( http://team-xecuter.com/video/hitachi/non79/ ) but cant get to vendor mode.

Is the LT 2.0 the last version for that driver?

Thanks

I Dont understand....

I send the drive to an asshle and now the driver dont appear like "TSST corp" appear as HL-DT-ST.

Impr%20pant.jpg

Im following this guide ( http://team-xecuter.com/video/hitachi/non79/ ) but cant get to vendor mode.

Is the LT 2.0 the last version for that driver?

Thanks

So, the drive is still a Samsung, but it shows up as a Hitachi now? then the a-hole flashed a spoofed firmware, it's reporting hitachi but is samsung... (doesn't work on the new dashboards)

So, the drive is still a Samsung, but it shows up as a Hitachi now? then the a-hole flashed a spoofed firmware, it's reporting hitachi but is samsung... (doesn't work on the new dashboards)

I think i can be sure that the drive is an Samsung, because have the same tray design and the driver is recognized by an Samsung drive. The drive is working with LT 2.0 (tested with XGD2 disk and original too)

Can I restore to an Samsung firmware? Should I apply Samsung stock and then flash With Summy 2.01? (I saw that the last firmware for Hitachi Drives is 2.0+).

Thanks

I think i can be sure that the drive is an Samsung, because have the same tray design and the driver is recognized by an Samsung drive. The drive is working with LT 2.0 (tested with XGD2 disk and original too)

Can I restore to an Samsung firmware? Should I apply Samsung stock and then flash With Summy 2.01? (I saw that the last firmware for Hitachi Drives is 2.0+).

Thanks

Yeah, it's a samsung, there is no need to restore stock, just go for lt sammy directly...

Yeah, it's a samsung, there is no need to restore stock, just go for lt sammy directly...

But When I go to "MTK flash 32" and "intro / Device ID" and press "ok" (disconnecting the device and reconnecting in less of 1 sec) it don't be detected again by the JF, and have to restart the console to be able to see the drive again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks