RealModScene
Milspex

[Request]: Vertical "Tate" Skin

2ni7336.png

Ok here's the plan. I want to make a skin that does what it shown above. It displays properly on a vertically aligned 3:4 screen so it can be used in vertical arcade cabs. What needs to be done is take the default skin and rotate everything 90degrees counterclockwise (apart from buttons obviously).

As far as joystick controls go, this means :

Right becomes up

Up becomes left

Left becomes Down

Down becomes right

I don't know if controls can be reconfigured in a skin?

i think this would fit for mobile phones and an app but wtf. vertical for real ?

dont get it

if you even put 2 21:9 on its still not vertical

But as responsive design for future web apps why not

Once you have a Pioneer PDP-V402 - you know you want everything vertical :-)

Using FBANext with the games from vertical video arcade cabinets.

So +1 on this request

fixed the black border issue aswell, default skin is 1280x720. I edited this to 1280x960 which is 4:3, removing black borders on 4:3 screens. Since arcade monitors are 640x480 this scales perfectly.

Alright, I edited the Widescreen value in settings.db which removes the black borders (and stretches the default skin to fullscreen). I made a full screen skin so it wouldn't be stretched out on a 4:3 screen. I figured this would do the trick but it didn't quite work as planned.

First, I edited Aurora_Main.xur: I changed properties from 1280x720 to 1280x960 (so from 16:9 to 4:3), then changed all the individual properties of all the elements in the skin to 1280x960. For some reason the whole skin gets shifted to the right. I will post pics of this later.

I think is has to do with the widescreen fix, because without editing this value, the skin is nicely centered in the middle of the screen.

• Like 1

10817624_1541210966120396_1184346201_n.j

Here's what happens. The skin is correct, I even remade it just in case I missed something. For some reason it just doesn't line up right.

The link to download the beta version skin http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=67323790566540688192

If anyone wants to test it out, let me know the results please.

Oh, i think the issue is because of the 1280x960.  You're being pushed to the rgiht (960-720) = 140px (90 degree rotation).  That's because the XUI is loaded into a 1280x720 buffer at 0,0.   You will need to resize your XUI back to 1280x720 and play with it another way to stop the shifting.

I can think of some things to try but man it would be tough to explain in a forum post-  hit me up on IRC if you want to chat.

v3k8eb.jpg

No so I don't understand why it's not centered. Everything is centered in the skin. 

sorry edited after i opened your attachment-  didn't think you'd respond that fast.

thanks for all the help. I tried this but it's still not entirely correct. I had to use a lot of overscan adjustments to get it sort of the way I want it. 

Now I'm not sure if I need to keep the skin 1280x960 or 1280x720.  I'll hit you up on IRC when I see you

(perhaps make it the actual resolution of the screen which is 640x480?)

also how do you get xuitool to show the actual skin graphics like in your posted image instead of just the box elements??  Do you select a different view ?

also how do you get xuitool to show the actual skin graphics like in your posted image instead of just the box elements??  Do you select a different view ?

To get the skin elements to display you to have to load the skin.   To do that, you'll have to convert the Aurora_Skin.xur to Aurora_Skin.xui by first loading the .xur, then saving it as Aurora_Skin.xui.   Then goto File -> Load Skin -> [Aurora_Skin.xui] and as long as all your paths are the same (relatively) then it'll show the artwork.