RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

Dos games emulator

Hey guyz can anyone tell me about dos game emulators to play games onmy 64-bit windows 7 professional. I have dosbox but not sure if it installs the games. plz help needed.

Hey guyz can anyone tell me about dos game emulators to play games onmy 64-bit windows 7 professional. I have dosbox but not sure if it installs the games. plz help needed.

Does dosbox run? if so; it's working fine... you should then read up on how to use it... it's that simple...

• Like 1

Does dosbox run? if so; it's working fine... you should then read up on how to use it... it's that simple...

yup i got it working and now playing duke nukem 3d... but iso's are still a problem i guess i need more practice for that. That's what I've done:

copied the iso in "old games" folder in dosbox root directory

mounted iso image using power iso

wrote this command " imgmount e c:\images\testdrive.iso -t iso

and it says image must be copied in root folder.

Guess im doing something wrong but will work through it :)

yup i got it working and now playing duke nukem 3d... but iso's are still a problem i guess i need more practice for that. That's what I've done:

copied the iso in "old games" folder in dosbox root directory

mounted iso image using power iso

wrote this command " imgmount e c:\images\testdrive.iso -t iso

and it says image must be copied in root folder.

Guess im doing something wrong but will work through it :)

DOSbox doesnt play iso files to my knowledge, usually you have to mount the iso file as a virtual disc, then copy the disc contents to a folder. If its an old game that requires the disc then you need to find a nocd crack for the old game in order to run.

making custom autoexec.bat files that have the old emm386 stuff for the upper memory games help also if they werent the DOS4gw games.