RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ScouserInExile

Title updates

I've never tried using title updates before, but am now trying to update my Forza Horizon.

I've gone to http://xboxunity.net and searched for it and there's three sets of three updates.

Where do I go from here? Which one do I need to download? Once over downloaded it, what do I do with it?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I just can't work this out.

I've never tried using title updates before, but am now trying to update my Forza Horizon.

I've gone to http://xboxunity.net and searched for it and there's three sets of three updates.

Where do I go from here? Which one do I need to download? Once over downloaded it, what do I do with it?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I just can't work this out.

You need to grab the latest version for your version of the game, so check your Media ID and Title ID, they must be matching the one listed on there, once you have it you put it in etheir Hdd1:\Cache\ or Hdd1:\Content\0000...000\TitleID\0...0D0...0\ depending on the type it is...

copy the default.xex file which is located in the forza game folder, copy it to a usb and then open abgx360 guiĀ  on your pc and click the open file option, then select theĀ  default.xex file press launch and it will list it in the log file it produces

Using Aurora now but It can't seem to find my dlcs....what am I doing wrong. Pls I need help. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Using Aurora now but It can't seem to find my dlcs....what am I doing wrong. Pls I need help. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Aurora shouldn't list DLC... but... your game should still be able to use DLC as long as you have the Title Update still installed... check that it is indeed installed...

copy the default.xex file which is located in the forza game folder, copy it to a usb and then open abgx360 gui on your pc and click the open file option, then select the default.xex file press launch and it will list it in the log file it produces

Did this an abgx360 output a long string if numbers that bore no resemblance to the numbers on XboxUnity. Am I missing something here?

why not st download the updates directly through F3 or Aurora?

Go to your game in the games list and hit Y for options and then go to title updates.

Ah, because I can't get my 360 to connect to the internet. It'll see my network, but not the internet. I need to work that one out before I can do updates through F3...

Ah, because I can't get my 360 to connect to the internet. It'll see my network, but not the internet. I need to work that one out before I can do updates through F3...

When checking "Internet" the console will attempt to connect to some microsoft servers, normally these connections fail with dashlaunch installed because most let dashlaunch block these connections... so, if you enable Beta update in F3 you'll probably be able to see there's an update unless you are on rev 775

When checking "Internet" the console will attempt to connect to some microsoft servers, normally these connections fail with dashlaunch installed because most let dashlaunch block these connections... so, if you enable Beta update in F3 you'll probably be able to see there's an update unless you are on rev 775

Sorry to bump this, but I think I'm on version 3.0b rev775

Ā 

Do I need to update F3?

Sorry to bump this, but I think I'm on version 3.0b rev775

Ā 

Do I need to update F3?

No, if you are already on rev 775 you don't have to update F3...

But, you might have to update the kernel/dashboard

This is doing my head in now. My Xbox has an IP address, this would imply it's on the 'net. But it just won't accept my jqe360 username and password... I'm assuming the details I use to log into here are the ones I should be using?

Ā 

how do I update my kernel and / or dashboard?

This is doing my head in now. My Xbox has an IP address, this would imply it's on the 'net. But it just won't accept my jqe360 username and password... I'm assuming the details I use to log into here are the ones I should be using?

Ā 

how do I update my kernel and / or dashboard?

This is Realmodscene.com, you want an account on http://xboxunity.net

There's plenty of tutorials on how to update the kernel/dashboard, check the tutorials section ;)

• Like 1

I'm a moron. Thanks. I've managed to get on, still can't update Forza Horizon. Other games work, though.

Is there an update on Xboxunity for your version of the game? check your Title and Media ID...

I tried that with abgx360 and it just spat out a meaningless string of numbers. Which is a bit annoying, since the Rally dlc doesn't work with the un-updated version.

I tried that with abgx360 and it just spat out a meaningless string of numbers. Which is a bit annoying, since the Rally dlc doesn't work with the un-updated version.

It's not meaningless string of numbers... the Title ID and Media ID are shown by ABGX360... check on XboxUnity for a matching set...

Sorry, should have been clearer. On XboxUnity, the media IDs for Forza Horizon are about 6 characters (I can't check right now, the site really doesn't work on a phone), abgx360 showed my default.xex file to have an ID that was about 20 characters. There was no correlation between what Unity lists and what abgx360 showed.

Sorry, should have been clearer. On XboxUnity, the media IDs for Forza Horizon are about 6 characters (I can't check right now, the site really doesn't work on a phone), abgx360 showed my default.xex file to have an ID that was about 20 characters. There was no correlation between what Unity lists and what abgx360 showed.

Right, i don't know what data it actually gets... but... if you run F3 or Aurora you can see the Media ID from there, pressing the Guide button while the game is loaded should show you that information, also the webui should show you (iirc) in aurora you also have the Subtitles which supply this information...