RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.1a.1 - Stability & Language Release

i want to stay with my fsd3 please tell me if there is a problem with it (sry for my bad english)

No problem, If u r using aurora dash, jus paste ur fsd folder on your hdd ,no need to change launch file , if u want goto fsd jus open ur fsd folder and start default. xex file ,

u can use either anyone as your wish

Sent from my Xperia Miro using Tapatalk

No problem, If u r using aurora dash, jus paste ur fsd folder on your hdd ,no need to change launch file , if u want goto fsd jus open ur fsd folder and start default. xex file ,

u can use either anyone as your wish

Don't mix 'n' match Aurora and FSD... they don't have the exact same files...

Don't mix 'n' match Aurora and FSD... they don't have the exact same files...

Ya I knw Bro ,,but it was similar way for using fsd,

aurora is best compared like fsd,

but nw a days not more features in aurora BCz it's new

so today i updated it via in built updater ..everything went great ...maybe a update pop up massage/notification would be good...only thing missing are tabs ;) and a file manager ...you could use 1:1 the one FS3 used, it's actually not bad (talking about the file manager) if you want to distance yourself from FS3 it's understandable, but if you cool with it just put a skin on it and you good to go...till maybe someday you come up with something better

I have a strange Problem with Title Updates, even if they are marked as active in TU Manager the game simply start without them. I will make a video when i can.

edit: looks like more people have the same problem i don't know if this happens because of alpha version but i have the same problem in FSD, but if i download 2 of the same TU and mark the 2 TU's as active it works fine(in FSD).

BUG: It's possible to select other menu options in the settings menu, during the LiNK verification..

8denRxv.jpg

i think the only thing i found was that i couldnt play link. i had linked it with trinity upon install, do i have to link to trinity every boot to get link to work? it was greyed out.

i have my fan set in dashlaunch and seems to be fine. havent tried the latest release yet. trying the first release i put the aurora folder in my hdd1 partition and edited my dashlaunch setting to autoload aurora(when no buttons are pressed, default) but kept getting the nxe dash, i am newer to the rgh/jtag scene but not the xbox mod scene.

how do i go about setting this release as my default? been using as a "app" but i think its time to move on, lol

thanX in advance

Aurora won't display my GOD of Skyrim. Grrrr the one game I actually play on my box. Displays and plays fine in the other dashes. Other games are appearing and playing. I'd attempt to start it manually, but GOD means I'm not sifting through the hexidecimal folders to find it. I checked with all the filters on/off, show hidden files, blah blah blah, back to fxmenu I go.

Aurora won't display my GOD of Skyrim. Grrrr the one game I actually play on my box. Displays and plays fine in the other dashes. Other games are appearing and playing. I'd attempt to start it manually, but GOD means I'm not sifting through the hexidecimal folders to find it. I checked with all the filters on/off, show hidden files, blah blah blah, back to fxmenu I go.

What do you mean by not sifting through hex folders?? GOD games are ussually found under hdd/content/00000000...0/titleid/00...70.../godheaderfile

You have to set your scan depth to be high enough so that it scans all the way down to the god header file...

applied update and all is well. question about skins, just have to rename to default.xzp and should work? dont see a skin set option. cant wait for final release!

thanx for all the work to all that is envoled.

applied update and all is well. question about skins, just have to rename to default.xzp and should work? dont see a skin set option. cant wait for final release!

thanx for all the work to all that is envoled.

Yeah, replace default.xzp with your own skin, and it'll be the active one ;) keep in mind tho that you have to use one that is Aurora compatible...

titleid = hexidecimal to me, I use to keep them extracted in the game folder, titled by the name of the game. Some of my games would only boot from GOD. So I switched to GOD a few years ago; and I tried raising the scan depth. 4 should have been enough to do it. LOl two should have been too. 00000000000 was the start file. Unless someone else posts the same problem, i realize how insane this sounds. So I made this video of my bedroom in need of a maid. Surely it's on my end; to be just one game, too. (AFK) But what it is.... beyond me at this time.

Sill uploading, so give it a few. I'd skip the first minute, and somewhere in the fifth I was pretty bored. Maybe you'll throw up, probably won't. :(

Edit: Reconverting the game, and rebooting have solved my issue.

• Like 2

Is there any chance that you can release the source code of this? I really wish to learn how to make a dashboard. I tried compiling the FSD version that was publicly released, but no success. And since I'm not the one that made it, I don't know how to fix the errors. Anyways, this dashboard seems very promising!

Is there any chance that you can release the source code of this? I really wish to learn how to make a dashboard. I tried compiling the FSD version that was publicly released, but no success. And since I'm not the one that made it, I don't know how to fix the errors. Anyways, this dashboard seems very promising!

This won't be released in source form no, if you don't understand the errors, how do you expect to learn anything? the errors are most likely going to be related to missing files (which come from the XDK in general) other then that, if you don't understand the errors, start by learning how to program in C/C++ so you can better understand the errors you are getting, reading source code isn't the best way to learn this kind of things, you have to start with the basics... make some programs on your own, basic ones... then continue forward to more advanced things... that's the best way to learn...

• Like 1

I like to have an option that could hide the games to be able to hide the games with several disks like with the freestyle where it was possible to move the games to the list "uncategorized" and they disappeared from the list, and an option to be able to change the skins.

Thanks. :thumbup:

This won't be released in source form no, if you don't understand the errors, how do you expect to learn anything? the errors are most likely going to be related to missing files (which come from the XDK in general) other then that, if you don't understand the errors, start by learning how to program in C/C++ so you can better understand the errors you are getting, reading source code isn't the best way to learn this kind of things, you have to start with the basics... make some programs on your own, basic ones... then continue forward to more advanced things... that's the best way to learn...

I guess you're right. I do know a fair amount of C++ though. What I'm having trouble with is Visual Studio. I usually use Code::Blocks, so linking things with MSVS is different. But yeah, I guess I'll stick with FSD 2 and the SDK samples. From my understanding, a dashboard is simply XUIs... Sad to see there's not much information about xbox programming on the internet, and that people that know a lot of it won't/can't share what they know. Also, this lua scripting addition you made to the dash is really interesting! Gave me an idea on what I could do to start doing something more fun than just looking through samples.

I like to have an option that could hide the games to be able to hide the games with several disks like with the freestyle where it was possible to move the games to the list "uncategorized" and they disappeared from the list, and an option to be able to change the skins.

The ability to hide games already exists-  may suggest poking around a little more than you already have.

Already possible to hide games...

That'll be added later ;)

• Like 1

The ability to hide games already exists-  may suggest poking around a little more than you already have.

Already possible to hide games...

That'll be added later ;)

Thanks for the fast reply poeple i will the another look.