RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
berniethumb

udp fails on both ports after 3-4 testing attempts

I have two rgh's both have the same specs and are set up the same way with fsd 775.  The one unit doesn't display players in the game.  It will show the other players in the Xbox menu under LiNK (where it will show all of the users in the public rooms).  One or two game®s at most might show up in the game and only briefly,  I will receive a message picturing plugging an ethernet cable into a wall socket after awhile.  I have tried this with CODBOPS2 and Reach which always have a lot of players in the public room.  The problem is the other 360 plays perfectly, and doesn't have this problem.  I have tried to intstall a new hdd, reinstall fsd, dashlaunch, had 2 nands built by VIP members at Xecuter, etc.  I also had a tech install a new router from Uverse.  I went into the router and disabled all of the advanced securties and Inbound protocols controls.   But if it was a router problem the other 360 wouldn't be running games so perfectly in LiNK.  I also test out this unit with the other 360 unplugged and out of my place.  This rgh unit arrived in this manner when I had it modded so maybe something got screwed up in the hardware or software when it was modded.  I notice that when I run a test, that the first 3-4 attempts shows everything passing, then the UDP will fail on both ports and stay failed on subsequent test attempts.  This is strange because the other 360 stays passing after numerous attempts (maybe why it plays fine).  I have tried various automatic and manual ip address along with different DNS's (auto, zeros, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and different ports (3071-3074).  Maybe there is a problem with the driver or coding for the network card?  

Thanks,

Disable LiNK, and try system link interconnecting both your consoles directly and see if you get any connection issues. this way you can rule out an issue on your network and see if its something wrong with the system, if all goes well try again this time locally through the router. 

System Link works between the two 360 just fine when I disable the plugin.  And like I stated the other 360 works just fine on LiNK on this network.  Thanks!

hmm... can you post some screenshots of your router config.    

idk if this applies as you may not be using the systems on the network simultaneously but, when i hooked up 2 consoles i found upnp to become a little unreliable and dropped the connection sometimes.. i suspect some type of collision or maybe its just my shitty router, anyway i disabled upnp plugin in fsd, and in router, set static ips on both consoles, and set port forwarding for each console ip. using a different port for both consoles and everything was solid afterwards..

I did the same approach regarding the router.  UPNP feature isn't available on AT&T Uverse routers.  It is not going to be a router problem as the other 360 works consistently on various ports. I will note that this malfunctioning 360 would not scan (and display) games stored on the hdd when I first received it.  That problem went away after I did a hdd swap.  This occurred even when I had put it in the content/0000000000000000 folder.  

• Like 1

I did the same approach regarding the router.  UPNP feature isn't available on AT&T Uverse routers.  It is not going to be a router problem as the other 360 works consistently on various ports. I will note that this malfunctioning 360 would not scan (and display) games stored on the hdd when I first received it.  That problem went away after I did a hdd swap.  This occurred even when I had put it in the content/0000000000000000 folder.

Could you try doing a clean flash of the nand on it? (dump it, take notes of what badblocks are there and rebuild with a manual remap)

Thanks, LibXenon.  I had two members of Team Xecuter rebuild a nand from my Xell files.  On both rebuilt nands, there was a bad sector on both flashes -- "block 0x38c seems bad, status 0x00000250"

Thanks, LibXenon.  I had two members of Team Xecuter rebuild a nand from my Xell files.  On both rebuilt nands, there was a bad sector on both flashes -- "block 0x38c seems bad, status 0x00000250"

My nick is Swizzy...

That means that block 0x38C appears to be a bad block, but it doesn't have to be, try flashing with Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.4b then tell me what it says ;)