RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Ajay Singh

XBOX ORIGINAL DASHBOARD NOT THERE

Hello everyone, I have been looking at this site for quite some time and since I got the new xbox one i decided to send my completely original xbox 360 slim to someone to install FSD. To clarify, I am a complete newb to this. So help is appreciated and I tried looking at other forums but I can't seem to get any.

Now here is the question, the xbox is running 

Dash Version 3.0Rev58

Kernel Version 2.0.16747

When I start the xbox it goes straight to the FSD, I can play games from an external HDD with no problems. but when I am at the FSD dashboard, supposedly if I wanted to go back to the original dashboard, is to click the middle button and exit game right? but when I do that I come back to the FSD dashboard. Is this usual? If so, how do I go back to the original dashboard?

The reason I want to do this is to update to the latest FSD version and connect to the internet, which I cannot since I can't go to the original dashboard to connect to the wifi network. I can't bring it back to the same guy since I am studying out of my country, where I modded the xbox. If this is the normal behaviour of FSD then,

1) How do I connect to the internet?

2) How do I update to the latest FSD? 

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you. 

1) You plug in your network cable, or set up the Wifi settings in the original dashboard... however, you can't play on Xbox Live (without breaking our rules here, if you ask for support on playing on Xbox Live with your RGH/JTAG we'll ignore your questions)

2) Enable "Beta Updates" in the settings, then just let it check for updates...

About the issue with not getting back to the original dashboard:

Hold RB to bypass the FSD Autoboot (hold RB while you are exiting to dashboard or booting your console)

• Like 1

Problem solved. Thank you Swizzy. your help is much appreciated.

Another option if you don't want do a full reboot of the XBox..  From FSD or any other program hit the middle X button & scroll to the right till the last part of the menu called "Settings".  Then choose either "Family Settings" or "System Settings".  This will get you to NXE.  Hit ( B ) until you get to the main NXE Menu.

Another option if you don't want do a full reboot of the XBox..  From FSD or any other program hit the middle X button & scroll to the right till the last part of the menu called "Settings".  Then choose either "Family Settings" or "System Settings".  This will get you to NXE.  Hit ( B ) until you get to the main NXE Menu.

That only works if you have nothing mapped to the B button, you can use any button that has no entry to bypass the default option, this includes:

A, B, X, Y, Start, Back and LB... RB is NEVER mapped to anything, it's the button that is used to bypass the default path...

That only works if you have nothing mapped to the B button, you can use any button that has no entry to bypass the default option, this includes:

A, B, X, Y, Start, Back and LB... RB is NEVER mapped to anything, it's the button that is used to bypass the default path...

Right...  But the button remaps are when rebooting or restarting.  On top of those options.  The big X "Guide" button between Start & Back will give you the two choices to go into "Family Settings" & "System Settings" that are only located in the NXE Dash...  They are in the last tab of the Guide Menu.  So once in "Family Settings" or "System Settings" you are back in NXE.  You just hit ( B )  to back up into the full/front NXE menu.

One way is how to do it on the front end with rebooting or booting & this other way is how to do it from any program/game/dash from the X "Guide" button...  With this option even if DL was not working properly you would still be able to go into XEXMenu start an app/homebrew & still would be able to choose to go back into NXE without rebooting.

post-5728-0-79736000-1404063251_thumb.png