• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 jenkinsmorgan04

jenkinsmorgan04

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi i tried to install the update to get the avatar and kinect settings, I've done it just how it is explained here, made sure that the "noupdate" setting in dashlaunch was disabled, i renamed the file to $$ystemUpdate and put it on the root of a Fat32 flash drive and put it in the xbox booted and i do not get any prompts to update it just goes straight to FSD , and i have the latest kernel running on my rgh. What could be the problem?

#22 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2202 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

If you disable the noupdate feature in dashlaunch there is no reason to change the name, it should be left as $SystemUpdate. Also for whatever reason it seems to pick up the update best in the regular metro dashboard.

Posted Image

#23 HackSawJimBoWen

HackSawJimBoWen

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Ive tried all the suggestions here with no luck, id just like to ask one further question. While at the metro dash can i just insert the memory stick? This may seem like a stupid question to some but like i have said ive tried everything suggested. Any advice would be gratefuly recieved. Forgot to say im running the latest dash FSD 3 & latest Dashlaunch.

#24 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2202 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

yes, be sure the folders name is $$ystemUpdate and is in the root of the fat32 USB.

Posted Image

#25 HackSawJimBoWen

HackSawJimBoWen

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanx for the reply Pizzle all updated now, cheers appreciated.

#26 heyyouguys

heyyouguys

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

I am at 16197 with FSD 2.2r1072 and working fine and have updated the avatar and kinect data. The question i have is when i plug in my kinect to xbox, it comes up with a message that there is an update required, if I do not update kinect will not work. This comes up when i am on FSD if I unplug and plug in kinect. My xenon 16mb xbox does not have the efuse removed or bypassed or bridged (whichever the term is). It was originally a DVD drive modded xbox, now jtag'd. Do i do the update or is there something else i need to do?

#27 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2202 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

run the update with the kinect plugged in, it will update the firmware on the kinect and not your console.

Posted Image

#28 heyyouguys

heyyouguys

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

run the update with the kinect plugged in, it will update the firmware on the kinect and not your console.

Thanks!! Would rather be sure than sorry!

#29 Rider.AK

Rider.AK

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

The update notifaction comes up but then I get this error message Update Failed Cant process the update. if problem persists, go to www.xbox.com Stauts Code 3CD6-3F4A-1600-2446-C810-1004 Please help me someone i want my avatar back :/

#30 BL4K3Y

BL4K3Y

RMS Junior

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationColne, Lancashire

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Thread updated with some additional information. Thanks to Martin C for amending the original thread over on Team Xecuter forums.

#31 lucast2007us

lucast2007us

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

hey BL4K3Y so i use this to add a avatar to my dash which has a kernel v 2.0.16197.0. just want to make sure i can use this one with my kernel as dont wanna brick my console.

#32 mmaners2010

mmaners2010

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Glad i had none of these problems.. very helpful tut however.. Exactly how he says is exactly how its done. Easy as takin pie.. Now if only there was a forum on here with links to iso's or god's for all of these awesome rgh consoles!!!

#33 BL4K3Y

BL4K3Y

RMS Junior

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Now if only there was a forum on here with links to iso's or god's for all of these awesome rgh consoles!!!

You're kidding, right?

You do realise that what you just asked for = piracy?

Stuff like FSD and XeBuild isn't developed with piracy in mind - XeBuild builds modified images allowing us to run homebrew code on our consoles and FSD is a dashboard replacement - piracy was never the intention.

I wrote this tutorial to explain how to install Avatar and Kinect data on a JTAG/RGH system.

#34 lucast2007us

lucast2007us

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

So I did everything but the first picture came up on the opening post. I don't want to do that update you are saying? How do I get the update on your 2nd picture? Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#35 BL4K3Y

BL4K3Y

RMS Junior

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

So I did everything but the first picture came up on the opening post. I don't want to do that update you are saying? How do I get the update on your 2nd picture?

Are you using the correct system update?

#36 lucast2007us

lucast2007us

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Are you using the correct system update?

I think so its from Oct 16th same as my dash. I just see my Xbox only has 400mb of memory might this be the problem as its not enough room on it??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#37 theonlyone

theonlyone

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Step 1
Download the USB system update from here (remember to check that the system update you download matches your JTAG/RGH kernel version - go to System Settings>Console Settings>System Info and read where it says Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0, where X = your current dashboard/kernel version).

Hey, just wondering i have a xbox jtag with a dashboard of 2.0.16197.0 and just recently purchased a kinect. I have stumbled across this tutorial and found people have liked it. My question to you or anyone else is when i clicked on the link "here" it began to download a kernel of 16202, since i have a kernel of 16197 do i have to update my xbox to 16202 to use this update?

#38 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2202 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

yes

Posted Image

#39 theonlyone

theonlyone

RMS Freshman