RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

I am at 16197 with FSD 2.2r1072 and working fine and have updated the avatar and kinect data. The question i have is when i plug in my kinect to xbox, it comes up with a message that there is an update required, if I do not update kinect will not work. This comes up when i am on FSD if I unplug and plug in kinect. My xenon 16mb xbox does not have the efuse removed or bypassed or bridged (whichever the term is). It was originally a DVD drive modded xbox, now jtag'd.

Do i do the update or is there something else i need to do?

run the update with the kinect plugged in, it will update the firmware on the kinect and not your console.

run the update with the kinect plugged in, it will update the firmware on the kinect and not your console.

Thanks!! Would rather be sure than sorry!

The update notifaction comes up but then I get this error message

Update Failed

Cant process the update. if problem persists, go to www.xbox.com

Stauts Code

3CD6-3F4A-1600-2446-C810-1004

Please help me someone i want my avatar back :/

Thread updated with some additional information.

Thanks to Martin C for amending the original thread over on Team Xecuter forums.

hey BL4K3Y so i use this to add a avatar to my dash which has a kernel v 2.0.16197.0.

just want to make sure i can use this one with my kernel as dont wanna brick my console.

Glad i had none of these problems.. very helpful tut however.. Exactly how he says is exactly how its done. Easy as takin pie.. Now if only there was a forum on here with links to iso's or god's for all of these awesome rgh consoles!!!

Now if only there was a forum on here with links to iso's or god's for all of these awesome rgh consoles!!!

You're kidding, right?

You do realise that what you just asked for = piracy?

Stuff like FSD and XeBuild isn't developed with piracy in mind - XeBuild builds modified images allowing us to run homebrew code on our consoles and FSD is a dashboard replacement - piracy was never the intention.

I wrote this tutorial to explain how to install Avatar and Kinect data on a JTAG/RGH system.

So I did everything but the first picture came up on the opening post. I don't want to do that update you are saying? How do I get the update on your 2nd picture?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So I did everything but the first picture came up on the opening post. I don't want to do that update you are saying? How do I get the update on your 2nd picture?

Are you using the correct system update?

Are you using the correct system update?

I think so its from Oct 16th same as my dash. I just see my Xbox only has 400mb of memory might this be the problem as its not enough room on it??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Step 1

Download the USB system update from here (remember to check that the system update you download matches your JTAG/RGH kernel version - go to System Settings>Console Settings>System Info and read where it says Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0, where X = your current dashboard/kernel version).

Hey, just wondering i have a xbox jtag with a dashboard of 2.0.16197.0 and just recently purchased a kinect. I have stumbled across this tutorial and found people have liked it. My question to you or anyone else is when i clicked on the link "here" it began to download a kernel of 16202, since i have a kernel of 16197 do i have to update my xbox to 16202 to use this update?

do i have to update my xbox to 16202 to use this update?

You should always keep your JTAG/RGH kernel updated.

You can use older versions if you like, but new kernel versions include changes, bug fixes, additions etc.

You should always keep your JTAG/RGH kernel updated.

You can use older versions if you like, but new kernel versions include changes, bug fixes, additions etc.

Sorry, i did not see this reply. I couldn`t use this one since it is the newest? do you know of a link where i can find one that would help me in my situation?

I couldn`t use this one since it is the newest? do you know of a link where i can find one that would help me in my situation?

The link in the OP will give you the latest available system update (at this time of writing, that is 16202).

Nice tutorial thank you very much. Now one more question should I have to do this in every dash update? I am using the j-runner program to create and flash my nand.

bro

where i can find this file

SysExt: folder

thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

enable advanced filemanager in your F3 sttings

I've updated the OP to explain this - thanks JPizzle :).