75 replies to this topic

#21 BL4K3Y

BL4K3Y

RMS Junior

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColne, Lancashire

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

so i can copy the dashlauncher 3.04 install folder to my ext hd and just use xexmenu to run the installer default.hex and thats it ? whats F3

That is correct and F3 is FreeStyle 3 :).

#22 siren215

siren215

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

I ws told on tx that dashlaunch must be updated with new 16197 image, is that correct or just updating dashlaunch will do? I am on 15574 and just preparing myself for retail dvd. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#23 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2221 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

updating dashlaunch should be enough but i would suggest you always keep your FreeBOOT up to date.

Posted Image

#24 J3rkMyTurk3y

J3rkMyTurk3y

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thanks JPizzle, man i missed you only just found you again mate :)

#25 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

so a question, as I am a noob to this. I put the entire dash folder (including Media, Plugins, and skins folders, as well as misc. files, like "default.exe" ad database.xmplr) on to an external drive, then plugged it in, and loaded up file manager in FS 2. from here, do I copy the entire folder into a specific location on the xbox's internal drive, or just the default.exe file? and then do I need to delete the older "Freestyle" folder after I have copied the new one and run default.exe? sorry about all this, and thanks in advance!

#26 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2221 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

so a question, as I am a noob to this. I put the entire dash folder (including Media, Plugins, and skins folders, as well as misc. files, like "default.exe" ad database.xmplr) on to an external drive, then plugged it in, and loaded up file manager in FS 2. from here, do I copy the entire folder into a specific location on the xbox's internal drive, or just the default.exe file? and then do I need to delete the older "Freestyle" folder after I have copied the new one and run default.exe?

sorry about all this, and thanks in advance!

This is DASHLAUNCH, Not F3!

Posted Image

#27 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

my bad. sorry about that. just confusing the two. As for the dash launch update, does it work the same way? can I run the default.exe within the installer folder right from the external drive, or should I copy to my internal drive first?

#28 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2221 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

anywhere is fine ;)

Posted Image

#29 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

so I ran it, and it said it required an update to proceed, so I did, then it said it needed to reboot the system, so I said ok, and then it just shut down completely. So i turned it back on, it booted ok. Still says its on dash 2.2 though. Whats strange, is that now all of a sudden black ops 2 plays ok. any ideas?

#30 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2221 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

That was one of the updates in this new version, you need to point default = to your F3 default.xex

Posted Image

#31 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

So with that said, and im sure this is my last question around this, what is the process to getting FSD 3 on the box and replacing FSD 2 with it properly. The way the guy flashed my box, was by setting up a folder on the internal drive called "Freestyle" with all the corrosponding files inside of it. Is it as easy as just deleting that folder, and replacing it with the contents of the FS 3 folder? and then once that is installed and replaced, should I just launch default.exe from the "installer" folder and from there find the setting to point default = to FSD 3's default.exe? sorry for all the questions, just don't wanna brick my xbox or something

#32 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Nevermind, I figured it out. thanks though!

#33 wolverinefatik

wolverinefatik

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hey How am I gonna install it on my console. I've extracted & copied file on external usb hdd. now what to do ? Fatik

#34 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2221 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

run the default.xex in the installer folder.

Posted Image

#35 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I get a fatal crash now at the same point in the game each time with BO 2. just when I thought it was working :(

#36 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I edited the default = FS3 and saved it, but when I turn the console off and on, it boots back into FS2. Any idea why that might be happening?

#37 riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Can I just say that you, JPizzle, are awesome. Most boards wouldn't give you answers like this and as quickly, so thank big time.

#38 JPizzle

JPizzle

That Fuckin Guy

• Administrators
  • 2221 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

You may have another launch.ini on another storage device (USB,MU,FLASH) Check and delete them.

Posted Image

#39 MrTofu

MrTofu

RMS Freshman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hi. Do the dashlaunch team have any idea if there's an issue with dl and dance central 3? Many users reporting (including myself) issue to play this game on RGHd Corona consoles.

#40 cory1492

cory1492

TeamFSD

• Moderators
  • 45 posts
  • LocationI'm right here dude.. no your other here!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Try using dash launch installer to unload dash launch (not uninstall), then run the game and see if it has issues still. If it doesn't, then dl isn't the problem... if it does then something in it needs some attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!