RealModScene
fcoaajr

HD Seagate Expansion 3tb for fat32 running Freestyle3

Good evening everyone.

I'm new to the forum, I am Brazilian and peopl apologize for my English!

My doubts and have a following with JTAG Xbox360 slin and would like to install a 3TB HD SEAGATE EXPANSION fat32.

The HD already in fat32, recognizes the DESKTOP, but when put in the same JTAG xbox360 does not recognize.

So I decided to create this topic to see if together we can solve this problem.

How easily found today HD SEAGATE EXPANSION 3TB USB 3.0.

I thank you all, and hopefully help.

:)

360 doesn't support GPT (AKA drives larger than 2 TB) so you will have to create a smaller partition for it to show. if it will at all.

how did you get it to recognize your 3tb. I have tried everything i can think of.

how did you get it to recognize your 3tb. I have tried everything i can think of.

As JQE said, partition the HDD - a 2TB partition should be more than enough storage space.

I mean, how many retail games can one person own :p? Lol.

Use Acronis Disk Director 11 Home Version.(GooGle It)

"Procura la no google que vc acha,e tem mais uma coisa o usb do xbox é 2.0

A gente se fala :D

Isnt this the wrong place to post as it is to do with Xbox not plays ration how hard is it to use the forum the creater of the forum has labelled everything

I run a RGH Jasper with 250GB internal for dlc / arcade games and have a 3 TB external for bigger games.

Currently have just under 200 games and it's not even half full ;)

Far as I know, only supports FAT32 drives up to 2TB, I have on my xbox360 hd250GB internal and external 2TB full of titles.

I'm also the HD3TB trying to solve my problem.

So the topic.

How did you insert a hd3TB to your xbox360?

Brand, model of your HD, if it is USB 2.0 or 3.0, which used to program formats the same?

thanks ...

The developers of freestyle 3 should have thought of that ...

Take the example of the new ofw Rogero 3:40 which was released for PS3, he inserted support for NTFS and supports up to 6TB.

That's what we need, because when we are playing online, we will have to convert not only DISC1, and also Disc2 and so dinante.

Of course you need enough space.

• Like 1

As JQE said, partition the HDD - a 2TB partition should be more than enough storage space.

I mean, how many retail games can one person own :p? Lol.

The solution to partition the HD was not very good for me.

It only recognizes the first partition, second on he can not visualize!

I need to keep all my game titles because alugos my console for parties birthdays and events.

Modify only the favorite because if I'm in a infantiu birthday, I will not show the titles of the bloodiest games.

Thank you ...

I have used a 3TB External Drive single partition Fat32 on a RGH 360 and it reads it just fine, I used guiformat to format the drive, you can get it here http://fat32-format.en.softonic.com/ also if your drive is formatted already you can try and make the partition primary/active, I had the same issue at first where it wouldn't find the drive so that i could set the game paths. Also works for the 2TB that I am currently running.

• Like 1

Any progress made here?

Im having this problem aswell.

I have a Seagate Expansion 3TB HD with USB 2.0 and 3.0 support

pluged into my RGH2 Dual Nand Console.

Formatted to fat32 / 2.8gb available loaded up with over 1.5TB Games wich too forever

F3 Reads the drive is there but when i try to launch games i get  

Game Error: Could not start try downloading the game again

on every game when its a 1 - 1 copy of the disk

200+ games is too much disk swapping

any solutions for the seagate issue? im having the same problem how ever i am not getting my HDD to recignize as USB0/: how ever i read this else where:

BX - what's good man? Question for you...I noticed you mentioned that you cloned your new drive with the contents of the old one and just plugged it into the console expecting that it would be recognized, correct?

If so, this may solve your issue...FSD's database registers the serial number of your drive with the contents of that drive. If you replace an external drive, then you need to clear your existing FSD data, and just re-register your game paths to the new drive. Then run a manual scan within FSD to trigger the refresh of your database file against the serial number of the new drive. This will allow the new drive to be recognized.

Also, USB 3.0 drives will work without issues. They will not readwrite at USB 3.0 speeds, and will ONLY readwrite at USB 2.0 drive speeds. That is not your issue.

Let me know if you continue to have an issue. I'm a bit disappointed you didn't just come to me from the getgo...lol

this of course is for migrating from one hard drive to a new one.......and i have noticed when i plug in the seagate 3TB hdd that F3 sees a mountable device it just refuses to show it in the file explorer.... 

I have used a 3TB External Drive single partition Fat32 on a RGH 360 and it reads it just fine, I used guiformat to format the drive, you can get it here http://fat32-format.en.softonic.com/ also if your drive is formatted already you can try and make the partition primary/active, I had the same issue at first where it wouldn't find the drive so that i could set the game paths. Also works for the 2TB that I am currently running.

EDIT 1:  before i move any files to the drive, it worked fine and found a blank HD in my FSD file manager. as soon as i put a game on it, and just before FSD loads. the system goes into "system error" mode, in many languages. and the middle light turns red! i removed the HD,  the XBOX is fine, not bricked. 

i connected the HD after booting up, FSD didn't see it. reloaded FSD. it sees it now. but can't get the XBOX to boot up with the HD connected!

i'll keep trying and update on this thread.

Thanks a lot.

This worked, i first used EaseUS Partition Master 10.2, didn't work. 

did a lot of research. many said it won't work until i found your reply.

for those who try using guiformat and get an error that file is in use. use this http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/, you will find it used by some apps including explore.exe. just unlock all and proceed with the format.

Good luck all. mine worked. 

I would not be surprised, if you come across above the 2TB limit, and the File System gets crashed.

• Like 1

yup. you can't go over 2 TB it seems. everything works fine now. i got the read light because i copied a test game onto the main folder. i guess having a default.xex was a big nono on an unsupported drive. once i passed the red light issue by moving the game. i copied 100 GB to the drive and tried to run the game. ended up with the error. game cannot load. did some research and found out. working around FSD seeing your HD doesn't mean it will run the games.

in summary. i wasted 150$ on a drive i can't use on my XBOX. going to try exchange it with a 2 TB at the store today !!!

having a default.xex in the root of your hdd gives you E71, which is because it's trying to load that default.xex instead of dash.xex, it doesn't work when whatever it is that was loaded expects game:\ to be mounted...

Hi, I have the same 3TB disk, can I resize my partition to 2TB without format to work with FSD? Right know I play with connectX with the hdd attached to a laptop, thanks in advance.

Hi, I have the same 3TB disk, can I resize my partition to 2TB without format to work with FSD? Right know I play with connectX with the hdd attached to a laptop, thanks in advance.

Probably not, the requirement is mainly that you have FAT32 and it must be MBR... above 2TB it's usually GPT

Probably not, the requirement is mainly that you have FAT32 and it must be MBR... above 2TB it's usually GPT

Thanks Swizzy I will try to re size to 1.99TB and report tomorrow