RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Krig Ravn

Installing games dont work :P

Today I was installing some games to the HDD so I can convert them to GOD format later, initially it was ok, but then some discs started to giveme "Disc unreadable error", but the damn thing actually works just fine to play :s , I dunno wtf is wrong with those discs, I've just cleaned them and tried and over and over and nothing, the games are Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo CE, Metro Last Light, Doom3 and Mass Effect 2.

thanxs for any help in advance.

So, you are having issues playing games from your discs after converting them to GOD? then it's etheir corrupt data in the GOD's or your laser is no good (or the discs are no good)

It could also be related to your harddrive and/or your dashboard version, altought the later isn't very likely as you are trying to play fairly old games...

Ok, found the problem it was the lens, costme a few bucks the replacement but well, anyway I've got into another problem due to my stupidity, I filled the HDD1 with games and DLC, then I were like...hummmok lets put it in an external usb, its actually partitioned and NXE have a 32 gb partition and the rest is destined to FDS, then I moved wit NXE all the GOD games that have no DLC or title updates availiable to the 32GB partition, and used XexMenu to move the rest to the other area of the disk (its about 968GB more or less), so far so good, then I went to FSD to scan the new content, and said OH NOES! forgot to add the new paths, which I did, and then NOTHING, the games do not appear in FSD but NXE can actually read the content in the 32GB partition just fine, soooo I have no idea what to do next (in fact I was thinkin about wiping out clean all FSD content), hope someone can have other options.

thanx in advance.

Did you add "USBMU:\" to your content lists before scanning?

Ok the path setting I have are as fowolls:

OnboardMU:\ scandepth4

Usb0:\scandepth 3

USBMU0:\ scandepth 2

Hdd1:\ scandepth 1

all have retal 5 devkit as automatic

Now the possible paths are flash,game,hdd1,hddx,onbardmu,smb,sysext,usb0,usb1,usbmu0,usbcache0.

Perhaps try increasing the scandepth for usbmu0?

Ok, I've tried in several ways and found it actually needed to be set to scan depth = 10 so the damn thing find all the stuff stored there, but now I have another issue, ALL THE DAMN CONTENT APPEAR TWICE...XP , ok I suppose it have something to do with the scan path in the HDD1, but in the other hand the artwork and screenshots ocuppy a lot of space, and the main HDD is full, so I'm wondering IF this setup mightwork: HDD1 for DLC,TU, FSD3,Xm360,NXE2GOD,Dashlaunch related data; 1Tb a.k.a. Usb0 for GOD format game titles(I have my doubts about having the game and dlc in diferent drives), IntMU a.k.a retail 4gb internal memory for Kinect, Avatar, Multimedia data, so this way I can optimize my availiable space, due the fact some of the games like Mass Effect or Dead Space series when you got game + dlc + TU, the folder may reach up to 15 GB easily.

Ok, I've tried in several ways and found it actually needed to be set to scan depth = 10 so the damn thing find all the stuff stored there, but now I have another issue, ALL THE DAMN CONTENT APPEAR TWICE...XP , ok I suppose it have something to do with the scan path in the HDD1, but in the other hand the artwork and screenshots ocuppy a lot of space, and the main HDD is full, so I'm wondering IF this setup mightwork: HDD1 for DLC,TU, FSD3,Xm360,NXE2GOD,Dashlaunch related data; 1Tb a.k.a. Usb0 for GOD format game titles(I have my doubts about having the game and dlc in diferent drives), IntMU a.k.a retail 4gb internal memory for Kinect, Avatar, Multimedia data, so this way I can optimize my availiable space, due the fact some of the games like Mass Effect or Dead Space series when you got game + dlc + TU, the folder may reach up to 15 GB easily.

That setup would work yes, however... the Kinect/Avatar stuff won't be available from the IntMu... it'll be stored on your internal harddrive (altought this partition isn't visible to you, it's always created...)

I don't recommend using the internal memory unless of course it's a Trinity console (which then have a internal memory module rather then sharing the memory on the motherboard with the dashboard and all that crap) mainly because of the fact that it could EASILY end up beeing a bug somewhere causing major problems when writing to the memory region of it all, it could happen even on retail dashboards... when we do testing (within the xeBuild team) we don't normally test filling up the internal memory, what we do mainly is test that the majority of commonly used stuff is working correctly (we don't test every single game or homebrew etc. we mainly test that the console boots and plays games properly)

Well, so far I've found that the duplicate cover issue has something todo with adding usb paths to the media scan, and setting the scandepth to values =infinite and above 4 for the HDD1 when you got GOD files, adding usb paths WILL cause (no matter how many times I've cleaned the damn memory) the appearance of duplicates, this in fact got annoying for games like RAGE and Battlefield 4 :p, now I'm trying to find a way to "hide" the duplicates, and avoid the download of the duplicated covers and screenshots, because so far this have caused an incredible amount of space usage, not to mention that the title list showme 82 titles when there should be like 36 more or less combining the ones shared by the HDD1 and the Usb0...

Well, so far I've found that the duplicate cover issue has something todo with adding usb paths to the media scan, and setting the scandepth to values =infinite and above 4 for the HDD1 when you got GOD files, adding usb paths WILL cause (no matter how many times I've cleaned the damn memory) the appearance of duplicates, this in fact got annoying for games like RAGE and Battlefield 4 :p, now I'm trying to find a way to "hide" the duplicates, and avoid the download of the duplicated covers and screenshots, because so far this have caused an incredible amount of space usage, not to mention that the title list showme 82 titles when there should be like 36 more or less combining the ones shared by the HDD1 and the Usb0...

It's because of multidisc games... you can "hide" stuff by moving them to other categories using the web interface...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ummm, yep I know that, but it actually happened to ALL: Games, XBLA and Homebrew not just multiple disc games :p

Ummm, yep I know that, but it actually happened to ALL: Games, XBLA and Homebrew not just multiple disc games :p

Well, if you have duplicates or you move them from one disc to the other it's normal...

Delete the database and start fresh, then you should only get duplicates for 2+ disc games

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

well, I tried different path options fortesting purpouse before wiping out every damn thing, and it looks like paths with partitions different from the 360 formated partition have duplicated items, and some can cause crash when loading content :p, any way after I wiped clean everything y started a scan order begining from the usb0 & usb1 and then load Hdd1 and worked fine, if I change the order some items get clones :p