RealModScene
Mattie

XuiWorkshop v1.0.0.0 released by TeamFSD member MaesterRowen

maybe some pictures of the modifications

You don't see the screenshot of the hud??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Please help. I added two tabs in main.xur in the default skin. All animations have been reworked by me, and work just fine, but I did not understand how to change these tabs action buttons. And icon\title tab I do not understand how to change. I did all this with the utility Xui Tool of XDK..

off topic

Well done! hope to see next versions soon! please add "kids" mode without options and settings , so they can't srew anything.

Well done! hope to see next versions soon! please add "kids" mode without options and settings , so they can't srew anything.

:wallbash:

I can't use this... just throw error. How I can to install ?... 

Atte.

MegaBlitoX

What's the error you're getting?

What's the error you're getting?

Hi, the error:

mtknis.png

I tried create the dir, but i don't know that is wrong xD! (C:\Development\JQE360\Repository\Trunk\XuiWorkshop\Extensions\CustomXuiElements.xml). 

I'm running the following:

vr8u9c.png

Atte.

MegaBlitoX

does not save changes to files hud scene

Try using XUI tool, it is included with the XDK, and is better in alot of ways, just not opensource. This app, kinda like a lot of the apps MaesterRowen develops, only do what is needed for the job they were needed for. So for the development of the FSD plugin, this worked great, but for some more practical matters, it is underdeveloped. :( Still an awesome start though. :), just needs someone to pick up where maesterrowen left off.

Hi, the error:

mtknis.png

I tried create the dir, but i don't know that is wrong xD! (C:\Development\JQE360\Repository\Trunk\XuiWorkshop\Extensions\CustomXuiElements.xml). 

I'm running the following:

vr8u9c.png

Atte.

MegaBlitoX

Remove extensions in edit menu, and reload the ones in the Extensions folder, and it will fix this error. :)

XUI tool does not work for the hud scene files

If you save the file as xui, instead of xur, you can open in it a text editor, and Change the properties. Unfortunatly, doing a quick test of the files once they are converted back to binary form, they do not work on the xbox. :( I am not exactly sure how they made this version work for their purposes, also in the code the save properties option calls a nonexistant function, that is commented out. :( which is why nothing is saving for you. So while it loads the files, that is about all it does with them. I will look into converting the xml into a format that can be used with XUI tool. :)

If you save the file as xui, instead of xur, you can open in it a text editor, and Change the properties. Unfortunatly, doing a quick test of the files once they are converted back to binary form, they do not work on the xbox. :( I am not exactly sure how they made this version work for their purposes, also in the code the save properties option calls a nonexistant function, that is commented out. :( which is why nothing is saving for you. So while it loads the files, that is about all it does with them. I will look into converting the xml into a format that can be used with XUI tool. :)

XUI Tool also uses the same XML format, it's just a few differences, i think the main differences are in the XUR format...

Ok, so after taking a look at the code, it's not commented out, no idea what you're looking at? and, as long as you save as XUI (using the save as button) it'll save to XUITool compatible data (or should, it extracts the extensions to a second file) when you do "Export Binary" it'll save the XUR for you...

I was looking in the properties dialog, the save properties button calls a function that is commented out. So while you can save the XUI file, you cant apply changes to any of the properties, so all the save function you are talking about does is open the xur file, and export to XUI style xml. :( I managed to modify the XML extensions to get XUI Tool to open the extracted XUI files, and add the custom controls for the hud, so I can modify the extracted xui file from XUI Workshop with XUI tool, but no matter which program I use to create the binary .xur file, the plugin doesnt load it, so I am at a bit of a loss here. The plugin still loads, but the modified xur file doesnt. Tried creating binary with both tools.

If you doubleclick it, it'll take you to the linked function, which i didn't see as commented out... there are comments around it for what it does, but the function itself isn't commented out...

I think the XUR is embedded in the plugin, that's likely why you're not able to make it load it

• Like 2

If it was embeded, when I change it wouldnt it stay the same? When you change the file, and it sees it as corrupt, the menu goes back to the stock style. :(

• Like 1

If it was embeded, when I change it wouldnt it stay the same? When you change the file, and it sees it as corrupt, the menu goes back to the stock style. :(

Woops, yes, you're right... it should work, one way or another... probably some of your modifications may have broken things?

• Like 2

All I did was change the text of Freestylehomebtn from Freestyle Home to Aurora Home I did it with notepad++, and with xui tool. Didnt matter, the XuiWorkshop didnt create the Binary Properly. :( Also if I try to reopen the XUR file that was created it crashes the program, so the problem has to be with the export binary function. :( never mind, that was the binary I created with XUI tool. lol. but I dumped another xui from the hud scene, and then exported that to binary, and it failed to open it, and that was with no changes, so I am fairly certain the problem is in the export to binary function. :(

BTW, i am using this exact same release to do Nova-  still working great!      You guys will figure it out one day!   :devil:

I dont get why it isnt working for me then, I even dumped the xur to the xui, closed the app, and loaded the xui file, and then exported that to binary. Then I tried to open the exported binary, and got a message that it couldnt open file. lol. I figured it out. :) you have to open the _ext.xui file, to get the xur file to open. lol. I feel stupid. :)

Nermind, that didnt work either.... that created a hud scene with no info in it, just some blank buttons with names. :( I can get the app to open the exported binarys, I figured out my issue there, but I cant get the plugin to. :(