RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
kingfish4200

Updating Dash Probs with Demon Dual Nand

Hey guys, 
I have a star wars 360, Demon dual nand, that I paid someone to install and the RGH kernel booted directly into FSD. Everything was great till I downloaded The Lego Movie video game and needed to update the dash. I was going to install 16537, I followed a tutorial, and I updated the retail kernel, very easy. Then followed it to update the RGH kernel and it booted 16537, but I was wanting it to boot directly into freestyle like it did before and it didnt do it. It looked the same as the retail side. I used j-runner i'm guessing I didn't set something right in the dashlaunch config?  I don't want anything on the Xbox hdd. I Have a 2tb external that has FSD and all my games on it. Can anyone please help me out? 

Thanks so much :)

edit the launch.ini you currently have in flash and set it to "default=usb:pathtof3default.xex" where "pathtof3" is the folder structure to where you have F3 save this file in your external harddrive, as long as you have it connected during startup it'll read this and boot f3 :)

in j-runner, in the dashlaunch tab, i have use dashlaunch ticked and include launch.ini ticked as well.  I click launch.ini options button and in the default tab is the path "Usb:FSDdefault.xex" and that should be my path. i have a usb memory stick in for save games then my usb harddrive where fsd is at and its in the root of the usb..so it seems like the path would be correct. How can i verify the path?

Verify it by putting it in your computer and see if it's really like that "x:FSDdefault.xex" (where x is the letter windows gives your hdd)

If it still don't work, i don't know what's up, perhaps check for a different launch.ini in the memory/hdd or put it there instead of in the flash (that makes it stay the same even if you update again)

Otherwise, send me the dump you used to build the nand (which i hope is a dump you made before updating?) and i'll extract the dashlaunch configuration from it :)

i flashed back to old dash nand that the guy who installed the rgh gave me. and i think i figured it out..i went to file explorer in fsd and it is usb1, not usb... so i will redo my flash and use usb1  and  see what happens. :)

thanks alot for your fast replay :)

No, dashlaunch makes no difference between USB0: and USB1: if you specify "USB:" in the config it'll look for it on ALL USB devices

got it going !!! i couldnt do it in j-runner like i wanted. So what i did is flashed the glitched dash nand with j-runner, then i manually installed xex. Then did a manual install of dashlaunch and was able to pick the default path right on the xbox and now its booting into fsd!!! man im so happy..lol 

thanks again for the help