RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Pokerking98

E74 After Mupen64-360

Hi all, so a little background: I haven't touched my jtag in a couple years but decided to get it going again. I spent the last few days getting the latest software (xell reloaded, dashlaunch, fsd, emulators, etc.) installed. Yesterday I finally was close to what I wanted my finished jtag to be, I just wanted to add a few more games for mupen64 and clean up some files (it was working perfectly), so

I booted into fsd. added some more roms through ftp, and deleted an extra copy of mupen64 I accidently had on my internal hdd. I booted up dash launch, and attempted to launch mupen64's xenon.elf as i had previously done to play. It flashed up for a second I believe than the screen went fuzzy. On bootup I get an E74 now (Xbox wasn't particularly hot or anything, happened directly after trying to launch xenon.elf for mupen).

I can run Xell reloaded( which I understand is pretty normal with an E74) and have tried to reflash my nand through usb. (fat32 formatted, tried naming it updflash.vin and nandflash.bin neither worked, also tried with rawflash v4 with no succes.)

It seems that Xell recognizes the usb as there is a line about it but never updates with the new nand (really my orig nand before e74 built with xebuild)  for some reason. Xell hangss on " fat mount uda0". I know this is a known issue and I could remove my disc tray to get it not to hang there, but will that actually get xell to update?

My current ideas right now are to try to update flash with xell through cd. But I dont even know if reflashing the nand will help or if it will update with a cd. Any help, ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Im at university and dont really have the tools to reball/ reflow. If all else fails Im going to try reflashing with lpt cable but that is a last resort because I dont have a computer with the port right now. Thanks for your time!

Edit: Xenon motherboard, Jtagged.

Your issue has nothing to do with XeLL or the JTAG image.

The E74 error is usually caused by bad eDRAM on the GPU.

You need to replace the GPU with a new one.

Your issue has nothing to do with XeLL or the JTAG image.

The E74 error is usually caused by bad eDRAM on the GPU.

You need to replace the GPU with a new one.

So there is absolutely nothing I can do besides a GPU replacement or a reflow or reball? It seems I caused this by deleting or launching some software, so why isn't it a software issue?

So there is absolutely nothing I can do besides a GPU replacement or a reflow or reball? It seems I caused this by deleting or launching some software, so why isn't it a software issue?

A reflow/reball probably won't fix it because the issue is with the eDRAM on the GPU.

It has nothing to do with you changing anything on the console - it's just a coincidence.

E74 is caused by the console having an error while trying to initalize the GPU...

Like BL4K3Y said, you need to reflow/reball or replace the whole GPU

In some rare cases it may help to reflow the HANA chip aswell, but... tbh... better to reball the GPU or replace it completly...

** edit: **

Seeing as you have a xenon might i even suggest getting a whole new console? Xenon's tend to break ALOT even after you repair it > 100 times it'll still have occassional issues, personally i never recommend anyone to really repair a Xenon that has had RROD, mainly because they have a very high working temperature which causes the components life to be shorter then others... besides, all new consoles can be hacked one way or another to have the same functions as your JTAG'ed Xenon have (when it's working)

The downside is that RGH isn't quite as stable with the bootups as JTAG's (they may take a few moments longer to start) other then that, there's no dissadvantage to getting yourself a new console...

had issues with this too after xblse baaned my console, i took it off, when i did the system kept crashin, i updated it again an i went 374, but can go xell, not really happy cause the start of this it was the xblse, my bad really should never of done it, what can i do is this the same as everyone else, an should i jus get another xbox an jus jtag it

had issues with this too after xblse baaned my console, i took it off, when i did the system kept crashin, i updated it again an i went 374, but can go xell, not really happy cause the start of this it was the xblse, my bad really should never of done it, what can i do is this the same as everyone else, an should i jus get another xbox an jus jtag it

Software did not cause E74.

As I explained above, E74 is a hardware error (XeLL still boots because it uses minimal GPU resources).

You sure it's E74 and not E79?

E74: Buy a new hacked xbox 360... or a retail if you wanna play on live...

E79: dump your nand with XeLL and send it to me (along with your CPUKey) so i can check what's going on... they might have done something to your nand which i can fix...