RealModScene
mabhz

Can't find DashLaunch files on my RGH

Hi all.

For the last couple of days I have been trying to find this information on this forum and other forums, and still can. Ok, can me dumb, stupid, noob, blind or anything you want, but could someone please help me find the files to backup on DashLaunch and Freestyle? Which ones should I backup and where is DashLaunch located???

Since my RGH boots to FSD, it MUST have some version of DashLaunch installed, but I can't find it in the mess of folders that is my RGH internal HDD. I followed a few tutorials online to identify DashLaunch version or where it is located, and the only thing I archive is a black screen, a frozen console or both!!!!

I already found nice friendy tutorials to update the console to the latest dash, but this specific tutorial stands out because its almost 100% automated by batch files (.bat): http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/81690-tutupdate-your-rgh-jtag-to-dash-16537-in-1-minute-no-flash-drive-or-file-transfers-needed/

is it reliable?? Anyone ever tried this? Is there any risk of damaging my RGH if I follow this procedure??

Again I apologize for my stupidity and thank you all in advance.

Dashlaunch itself is installed in the nand (flash:launch.xex and flash:lhelper.xex) the settings is what you will want to make a backup of (launch.ini) FSD can be located anywhere, common paths are:

hdd1:AppsF3

hdd1:Freestyle

Hdd1:FSD

I personally would recommend doing it the manual way ( http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com ) there's always a risk doing anything with your RGH... the risks are smaller if you make sure you read correctly and only use reliable sources (this forum is one such place, don't just go with whatever the first person tell you tho, might not be someone worth trusting)

• Like 1

I wouldn't trust that "Swizzy" guy.... ;) lol....

You should be able to FTP in and then you'll find the folders that you require mate. 

Posted Image

I wouldn't trust that "Swizzy" guy.... ;) lol....

You're not funny ;) i'm just saying that it's better to get similar answers from more then just 1 guy before doing things... there are far to many idiots out there that thinks they know everything, and thus will try to teach others how to do things... except, what they say is completly wrong...There are of course ppl that do know what they're talking about, but... for everyone that knows what they're talking about there's also someone that don't...

just pulling your leg matey, your da pro ;) but yes agreed, horrified at some of the answers to questions around the web...

Folks, thank you both for all the help.

I managed (I think!!!) to update my Dash Launch 3.04 to 3.10 by putting the 3.10 files on a USB stick and selecting default.xex inside UPDATE folder using FSD file manager.

There was a prompt msg asking if I wanted to update the files to the new version and I did. Then I copied the files to the "Dash Launch 3.04" folder that was on the HDD.

But now, if I try to open DashLaunch by clicking on the same default.xex inside UPDATE folder located on my HDD, I get a 3.04 version written on top of DashLaunch (is there any other way to launch DashLaunch settings panel??).

If I click on the same file, but this time inside the update Folder locates on the USB stick, I get a version 3.10!!!!

What is the problem here????

Folks, thank you both for all the help.I managed (I think!!!) to update my Dash Launch 3.04 to 3.10 by putting the 3.10 files on a USB stick and selecting default.xex inside UPDATE folder using FSD file manager.There was a prompt msg asking if I wanted to update the files to the new version and I did. Then I copied the files to the "Dash Launch 3.04" folder that was on the HDD.But now, if I try to open DashLaunch by clicking on the same default.xex inside UPDATE folder located on my HDD, I get a 3.04 version written on top of DashLaunch (is there any other way to launch DashLaunch settings panel??).If I click on the same file, but this time inside the update Folder locates on the USB stick, I get a version 3.10!!!!What is the problem here????

The problem is that you are using Installer v 3.04 and v 3.10... that's all there is to it ;)

Nope, I already overwrote all the contents of the 3.04 folder with 3.10 files, but when I click on the install default.xex I get the 304 instead kd the 3.10!

Nope, I already overwrote all the contents of the 3.04 folder with 3.10 files, but when I click on the install default.xex I get the 304 instead kd the 3.10!

That's very odd, can you delete all of the files, and just put the default.xex from the "Installer" folder in the 3.10 pack? it should ask you to install if you're using an older version (if that's what's on the motherboard)

Thank you all VERY MUCH for your instructions and your patience!!

thanks to your help, my console now is fully updated and working!! Have a merry Xmas and a great 2014!!!!