RealModScene
Austris Landmanis

Fatal error when launching specific games like COD4MW, COD WaW or MW2

Hello, my console experience fatal crash and reboots upon these games are launched:

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (reboots 4-6 secs after launch)

Call of Duty World at War (in this case WaW logo blinks up for few times and then reboots)

and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. (reboots 4-6 secs after launch)

Rest of the franchise series works as expected. I have freeboot setup with latest freestyle dash 775; xexmenu 1.1. 1tb internal hdd. Also tried to run them from external HDD but no luck.

Wonder if anyone else have experienced something similar with these games, and could provide with some useful information how to fix this, if possible?

Thank you!

what version of dashlaunch and metro dash are you on?

Where can I see dashlaunch version?

And what is metro dash? I have Freestyle 3 rev775 dash installed. I didn't set it up by myself, so I have no tech knowledge what runs behind it all, the only thing I did was update Freestyle 3 from rev735 (which came already installed) to 775.

metro = stock dashboard. quit out of FSD and go to system settings and have a look to what version of dashboard your on, dashlaunch can be run either by running xex menu and then the default xex of dashlaunch or see if it's under "homebrew" and you can run it from there. 

Stock dash version: 2.0.16537.0

I checked whole filesystem and I can't find any default xex that would indicate for dashlaunch presence. The only thing was launch.ini file OnBoardMU device. There's also FSD installed, but no Dashlaunch.

dashlaunch would have created the launch.ini (I've never seen a console without it) exit to stock dashbaord and have a look for xex menu under games, (If it's been installed correctly) and then see if you can find it from xex menu. it's called "installer" (or dashlaunch as I keep saying.....but installer is what it'll be under)

Other than that, you could just ftp in and create a new FSD folder, a fresh install seems to fix things ;)

Have a read HERE it might help you a little. 

dashlaunch would have created the launch.ini (I've never seen a console without it) exit to stock dashbaord and have a look for xex menu under games, (If it's been installed correctly) and then see if you can find it from xex menu. it's called "installer" (or dashlaunch as I keep saying.....but installer is what it'll be under)

Other than that, you could just ftp in and create a new FSD folder, a fresh install seems to fix things ;)

Have a read HERE it might help you a little. 

Ok, will try. Ill check with XeX menu, because it shows up in metro dash as game.

Do you mean to re:install Freestyle dashboard? I'm a bit confused because of two FSD folders- one inside OnBoardMU device, and another inside Game: (kind a device) which is seen with Freestyle's file manager.

Setup new FSD folder and latest DashLaunch v3.10 but still games can't be launched. While on blackscreen I managed to open return home window, and on bottom panel there was mention on "Call of Duty 4 (left side)  and (right side) Invalid Execution ID" or something. :(

Any more ideas on this?

BTW, it seems that DashLaunch is installed on MmcMu:/ but I can't access that Storage folder, as I cought this path when launched fresh copy of DashLaunch from my HDD.

I have override DashLaunch with the one in my HDD 3.10 version. And fresh copy of FSD but still the same black screen- "Invalid Execution Id" left bottom corner when launch mini dash.

I got both, Fake & live enabled, And i never ran into sucha a issue that your describing , Corrupt games? Try a diffrent one of them all.. ?

im having the same issue as well tho im unsure as to what the problem is....i have played the very same disc rip i am trying to play and all i get is a black screen......the only indicator i can think of is some settings in dashlaunch....i updated from dashlaunch 3.07 to 3.10 no avail....but i have recently played with the fake live settings and a few others between session so i will attempt to turn some dashlaunch settings off and see what i come up with now that this OP has given me some kind of direction on where to look at least on his case

im having the same issue as well tho im unsure as to what the problem is....i have played the very same disc rip i am trying to play and all i get is a black screen......the only indicator i can think of is some settings in dashlaunch....i updated from dashlaunch 3.07 to 3.10 no avail....but i have recently played with the fake live settings and a few others between session so i will attempt to turn some dashlaunch settings off and see what i come up with now that this OP has given me some kind of direction on where to look at least on his c

I also updated to Dashlaunch 3.10, turned off fakelive and turned off network before launch... aswell rescan game library in FSD. After that I can now even launch if network is on. Hope this helps.

Also check if you have logged in your profile, I had similar error with AC3, because profile were not logged in caused reboot during AC3 launch.

turned off network before launch

how did you do this? is it a dashlaunch setting?

aswell rescan game library in FSD.
this is an entirely new install just rescanned every thing as well as migrated from a 1TB hdd to a 2TB hdd reassigned paths and every thing from scratch....no idea if this would help much at all or not....

turn off network = unplug ethernet ;) 

So a fresh install and what's happening korn..black screen, what game is it....

turn off network = unplug ethernet ;)

So a fresh install and what's happening korn..black screen, what game is it....

Black screen's on COD MW, MW2 and Waw....blops loads tho...i can still use the guide button but it the guide table (this is whats refereed to as mini blades correct?) flicker like a strobe....these 3 games are literally the only games i have had issues with....and whats weirder is i have played them on this RGH before....i had to have changed a setting some place just not sure where to look....not may options aside from with in dashlaunch i guess?

how did you do this? is it a dashlaunch setting? 

this is an entirely new install just rescanned every thing as well as migrated from a 1TB hdd to a 2TB hdd reassigned paths and every thing from scratch....no idea if this would help much at all or not....

Just unplug network cable...

Any solution for this I know it's old but I am having this same problem.

I am running latest of everything ms dash, dashlaunch, fsd, Aurora

25 minutes ago, grumpymort said:

Any solution for this I know it's old but I am having this same problem.

I am running latest of everything ms dash, dashlaunch, fsd, Aurora

The only thing you need latest of Is M$dash.. and avatar data.. 

Fakelive shouldn't even be on for these games.. period.. indie and cod ghosts and a few games after need fakelive.. 

What u can do, is probably delete all your plugins or use a clean launch.ini,

A.k.a. default launch.ini

Or you are missing files because it is extract version..

There is every possible answer..

1 hour ago, felida said:

The only thing you need latest of Is M$dash.. and avatar data.. 

Fakelive shouldn't even be on for these games.. period.. indie and cod ghosts and a few games after need fakelive.. 

What u can do, is probably delete all your plugins or use a clean launch.ini,

A.k.a. default launch.ini

Or you are missing files because it is extract version..

There is every possible answer..

I have no issues with these games, on the latest dash, with the avatar data. Now, NFS:Rivals, is a different story..... Hasnt worked since 16xxx series kernel. Didnt really care much, so I havnt looked into what is causing the issue there, but probably got corrupted at some point somewhere. 

@OP The real question is how did you transfer the games to your console? If you used FTP, make sure to force binary transfer mode, or this sort of error is to be expected, as ASCII is the default for most FTP clients, which screws up large binary files like used in 360 games. The other possible problem is you got a truncated iso off the internet, and then put it on the console, and it is missing some relevant file, which is causing the game to crash. Some games also have issues if you have trainer plugins loaded in dashlaunch, or XBDM. But generally what felida said is spot on when it comes to these issues. The only other thing that comes to mind is it is for a different region, and you dont have region spoof set up correctly.

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I have no issues with these games, on the latest dash, with the avatar data. Now, NFS:Rivals, is a different story..... Hasnt worked since 16xxx series kernel. Didnt really care much, so I havnt looked into what is causing the issue there, but probably got corrupted at some point somewhere.

I did leave out the ftp tho.. and intentionally left out server stuff, or piracy stuff.. as yeah.. no help from me in that lolol.. as for nfs rivals.. i am going to assume something got corrupted.. as it shouldn't have a problem playing.. unless it requires a corona patch like ddr or gh games.. but i dont think u have a corona anyhow haha.. so moot point from me

I found that if i launch the game without being signed into a profile it loads but as soon as sign in it goes into loop.

it's not corrupt profile I created new one to make sure.

I never ftp games, I do not download games either I ripped my own a while ago

not running any plugins.

I have dash launch settings same as here

5 hours ago, grumpymort said:

I found that if i launch the game without being signed into a profile it loads but as soon as sign in it goes into loop.

it's not corrupt profile I created new one to make sure.

I never ftp games, I do not download games either I ripped my own a while ago

not running any plugins.

I have dash launch settings same as here

Have u tried viewing the avatar to see if u can edit it?

Does it work if you launch it from the disc? Could be a corrupted TU as well. Try the disc first though. If the problem persists after trying to play it from the disc, then try disabling TU's. Could be corrupt DLC as well, but that is less likely.