RealModScene
JPizzle

RGLoader 0v400 (16537 support)

RGLoader 0v400 (16537 support) 
Decided to release my updates to RGLoader because of increased demand lately. I have been lacking testers lately so I am going to go ahead and release the builder and files and hope that everyone will leave feedback if they run into any problems.

THE BUILD PROCESS HAS CHANGED
If you are going to use this and don't want to brick your xbox, you MUST read the readme.txt included in the builder rar. 

Once I receive enough feedback from this builder, I will release a separate utility that builds nand images for big block jaspers. All filesystems are on the nand, no hard drive required Posted Image

UPDATE: Fixed issue with xell loading on slims, sorry bout that Posted Image

RGLoader 0v400 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_Release Notes:_

A lot of people have thought that RGLoader has been dead/abandoned. Yeah, basically it's 
been dead for a while now mostly because Stoker has been gone for over a year so there was
only one real developer for RGLoader and real life stuff gets in the way. I've gotta put out 
a big thank you to sk1080 for releasing a usable version of RGLoader for 16202 while I've 
been gone. In either case, saying that RGLoader is dead really does not make a lot of sense
when we have tried to make it as open as possible without sharing code that was donated by
people who don't want it running out in the wild yet. RGBuild.exe is not obfuscated in any
way and can be completely decompiled to source with .net reflector. The patches are provided 
in plain text and compiled when you run the image which should allow anyone to be able to 
update them for a new kernel. All you would have to do is use the existing file structures 
as a guide to add support for a new update. This said, there is no reason that some random 
person would not be able to change RGBuild for their own purpose or for a new kernel. 

RGBuild++ was another project started by stoker and abandoned and left to me to finish, and
there's still quite a bit of work to be done on it before it's ready for a release. I felt 
bad releasing an update using the RGBuild everyone is familiar with when I have promised 
new features like jasper big block support. It's hard to devote the amount of time and effort
needed to finish something like this when the xbox scene is slowing down and interest in 
alternative nand builders is low. This doesn't mean that I haven't been updating RGLoader for
my own uses and adding features, it just means I didn't feel like putting in the effort to 
make it usable for the general public and releasing. 

I've seen a lot more activity in the #RGloader channel on EFNet and on the forum with 
people asking for a new update. I have no problem putting the work in when I know it's not 
going to waste, so these past couple weeks I have been porting some of the new features in 
RGBuild++ to this older builder just so you guys can enjoy what we have so far and run a much
more stable kernel.

I'd like to conclude with, don't be fooled and think that just because the builder looks 
the same that the xbox side hasn't changed. Please try out some of the new features added 
and PLEASE leave feedback in the shoutbox at rgloader.com with any problems or successes you
have had. This lets us know that there are still people out there that have use for a devkit
kernel on a retail xbox.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_RGLoader NEW Features:_

Thanks to cOz and his badass system extended partition installer code, 
RGLoader.xex now supports creating and formatting the hard drive partitions 
for the avatar update files. Included in the hdd filesystem files is a $SystemUpdate
folder. If RGLoader detects that this folder exists, it will reinitialize the 
partitions and automatically copy the files to it. It usually requires a reboot 
after the installation for the avatars to start showing up in the dashboard.

-- HV Peek Poke --

A peek poking patch has been added to the hypervisor. It uses the same call format that
Freeboot uses with syscall0. 

-- RGLoader Plugin Loading --

Options have been added to RGLoader.ini for loading plugins in the same format that 
dashlaunch handles. They are essentially just system dlls so you can use them for 
whatever purpose you wish.

Format:
[Plugins]
Plugin1 = Hdd:Plugin1blah.xex
Plugin2 = 
Plugin3 = 

-- RGLP Loading at runtime --

Not really a new feature, but not many people knew about this before. During system 
initialization RGLoader.xex will scan the systemroot for any .rglp files and will apply
them to the kernel/xam/whatever the address is for. They are a standard patch format
[Addr][numberofpatches][startpatches..]. There is a file named rglXam.rglp in the 
hdd filesystems folder which you can open with a hex editor and use an example. This 
feature is useful for testing extra patches without having to completely reflash your 
nand image.

-- KDNet for Jtags --

KDNet is kernel debugging over lan. It is basically like 
xbwatson on crack. It shows post codes and runs even before 
xbdm.xex gets launched. This utility is extremely useful 
for debugging problems in the kernel, and also inserting 
breakpoints and debugging xex modules running on the system. 

Developers who create trainers and such will find this very useful. 

In the past, using xbsetcfg to setup KDNet for jtags would 
corrupt the nand image and brick the xbox because it overwrites 
important info where the jtag payload is stored. This issue 
has been fixed in RGLoader.

The most exciting thing about the latest RGBuild update is 
that when you build your nand image it detects the computers 
local IP address and sets up KDNet for the nand. This is very useful 
because if your xbox fails to boot or has problems, you do not need 
a uart cable or a post sniffer to figure out what the problem is. 
Simply hook your ethernet cable into your xbox and run KDNet and the 
problem will be obvious and easy to fix usually.

Make sure you have the SDK installed (xbox neighborhood) and run one 
of the provided bat files (KDNet_win7.bat / KDNet_win8.bat) and turn 
on your xbox.

-- Memory Protection Options --

In the past there have been problems when running certain utilities 
made for retail kernel on RGLoader, such as trainers for games. 
This was caused by the xex being compiled to use memcpy instead of DmSetMemory. 
A lot of trainers have already been updated to fix this issue, but there 
is now an option which will disable the memory protection in this 
devkit kernel in the same way it is disabled in retail. 
This fixes most problems with trainers and such.
In options.ini set NOMEMPROT = 1

_Changelog:_

0v400
-Added support for 16537
-Too many fixes to name for RGBuild.exe (much better corona support in image editing)
-Fixed JTAG KDNet support
-RGBuild now sets up KDNet in the nand image (no need for xbsetcfg)
-Fixed filesystem issues, can now insert payload anywhere in nand and filesystem will 
rearrange itself.
-Overall much more stable kernel patches
-Options.ini
-Ability to disable memory protection
-RGLoader.xex
-Added plugin loading
-Will load ini from USB drive before hdd (useful if a plugin is crashing the system)

_Downloads:_
RGBuild 0v400
RGBuild_0v400_hddfilesystems
RGBuild_0v400_hddfilesystems_noavatar

Source and official Site: http://rgloader.spiffy360.com/thread-683.html

I am sorry to ask , but what so special about RGloader ?

RGLoader is like a hybrid between a retail machine and a devkit... it's not useful for the end-users (you) it's more useful for developers that can't get hold of a real devkit or just don't want one (they can cost quite alot and cause all kinds of problems if you're not a game studio)...

• Like 1

hey sorry for bumping this old thread.. but has anyone gotten this to work? i flash the image but it never boots.. with the filesystems or without.. and rgl forums is empty, and before anyone asks.. i have gotten the v311 to work easily..