RealModScene
aHoks

freestyle does not play some of my new games when i press A

hi Posted Image

I have downloaded a lot of new games and they show up, but if I press A on some of them in FSD nothing happens. 

I updated my kernel some weeks ago, but it isn't a problem with it, i think.

please help!

Thanks

Can you be more precise then "nothing happens"? does the screen go black? if so; try disabling the FSD Plugin... (unload it)

No, in FSD i choose a game and its info shows up, everything ok but when i try to play it and press "A" to run nothing happens, it stays there in the info screen and thats all, it doesnt freeze down.

then it must be linked to a backup file and not the actual game, try deleting the game from the games list and before it does the delete it will show you the location and ask for confirmation. Confirm the path is correct.

its correct.

Then something's wonky with your machine, and i would recommend that you delete your current F3 installation and redo it (manually by FTP or USB) i recommend using XEXMenu for that process...

I installed the newest FreeStyle and some games still not start.

the path says perhaps one of bad games: 0000..000/5841125C/000D0000/ will be deleted... 

i only see my games in HDD/games in xex , my games in content/00000000000  aren't displayed in xex.

try launching the GoD'ed games that are not working with FSD, with dashlaunch. Dashlaunch will launch containers.

DashLaunch is awesome sauce!

i tried i think, for example: i opened  ' My Games ' and e.g. Battlefield 4 displayed but after 2 secs it disappeared like other faulty games, so I didn't try to run them.

i tried i think, for example: i opened  ' My Games ' and e.g. Battlefield 4 displayed but after 2 secs it disappeared like other faulty games, so I didn't try to run them.

This likely means one or more files are missing...

this is my Angry Birds Star Wars

Posted Image

And you are certain that the game(s) in question isn't simply a XBLA put on a DVD?

but a lot of my games are in this format, and fsd recognizes them (just some doesn't run), do i need to convert it to something else? or try to burn every faulty game?  :huh:

but a lot of my games are in this format, and fsd recognizes them (just some doesn't run), do i need to convert it to something else? or try to burn every faulty game?  :huh:

Try extracting the games using EXISO GUI, Xbox Image Browser, Xbox Backup Creator or my personal tool: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vppykwThis will give you a folder with the contents of the ISO file (none of them will convert from GOD), if you see similar folder structures to XBLA somewhere it's most likely because it's a XBLA on DVD type of game...

But it isnt an iso, i usually download games extracted.

Extracted? you mean in XEX format? then why convert them to GOD?!Etheir way... you can use GOD2ISO to turn GOD containers into an ISO, then you can extract those if you like... personally i ussually grab the ISO's as they're ALWAYS complete... (nothing deleted by morrons that have no idea what they're actually doing) some games require certain files to be there at some point in the game... since nobody have time to play through the games 100% before they upload these modified versions of the game ALOT of ppl may end up having problems caused by someone deleting those files... maybe it works to launch the game but not play it...It's better to always convert the games on your own, that way you know what has been done from the start rather then having someone elses maybe f*cked up stuff that maybe will cause you problems (similar to this one you're having) there is also no way in hell you can verify that ALL files are there unless someone else give you a list of files that needs to be there from a working game... and there's the chance that ANY computer may have a hardware problem with the RAM causing random corruption... if someone else had this problem while converting the game... you'll also be a victim of that problem... and there's no way for you to troubleshoot it, or even fix it without grabbing the iso and doing it on you own (thus, do it yourself <3)

i'm so confused, sorry.

I downloaded the games in those formats that i linked. so the only way with this format is to put them into GOD2ISO and then extract with exiso  ? 

but all the folks says in the comments in these torrents, they are working with their consoles without doing anything. i know they are in GoD formats but why i can't play some, i can play other gods. this torrents are very good, people who know how to do it upload them end test them in fsd..

i do what you tell me but I'm too confused sorry :) (I'm on mac so if there's software alternatives please tell me, I use here X360 Iso hacker)

There are alternatives for MAC also, but... i don't know about all of 'em, exiso is available also to MAC... as a command line utility...

Most apps that are related to the Xbox 360 Scene is however Windows apps... so, you're probably best off installing bootcamp and running windows aswell on your mac...

Had the same issue when I was running g fsd off usb drive 1 & games installed on fsd2.

Soon as I plugged in a hdd & installed fsd onto hdd,,,, the issue went away.

Hope it helps

There are alternatives for MAC also, but... i don't know about all of 'em, exiso is available also to MAC... as a command line utility...Most apps that are related to the Xbox 360 Scene is however Windows apps... so, you're probably best off installing bootcamp and running windows aswell on your mac...

so, there isn't any know solution, the game doesn't like only me that i downloaded :D its easier to download only iso games in the future, i won't forget.

Had the same issue when I was running g fsd off usb drive 1 & games installed on fsd2.Soon as I plugged in a hdd & installed fsd onto hdd,,,, the issue went away.Hope it helps

thanks, but everything is on my hard drive and I'm in the latest stuff (kernel, dash, dash launch...)

I have the same problem here. I have two xbox 360 with same dash and same fsd version. I play more time on my TV room with my xbox with 500GB internal (side) HDD and 500GB USB external HDD. And sometimes I put these 2 HDDs on the xbox that are on my bed room and play. I got a problem on my second xbox that are on my bed room. It comes fixed and the fsd was reinstalled. A lot of my games was installed on original dash and then I have used NXE2GOD to make them run. With new fsd versions, I don't need to do this anymore. The problem is that these games that I installed without fix them using NXE2GOD are not running anymore. All USB games or installed and fixed with NXE2GOD are running. When I run NXE2GOD he shows me a list of games that can be fixed to run and these list are exactly the games that I have problem that are not running on FSD. I don't wanna fix them with NXE2GOD cause on the xbox that are on TV room they are running. How to fix that? It is an option on dashlaunch that I have to turn on?

I have the same problem here. I have two xbox 360 with same dash and same fsd version. I play more time on my TV room with my xbox with 500GB internal (side) HDD and 500GB USB external HDD. And sometimes I put these 2 HDDs on the xbox that are on my bed room and play. I got a problem on my second xbox that are on my bed room. It comes fixed and the fsd was reinstalled. A lot of my games was installed on original dash and then I have used NXE2GOD to make them run. With new fsd versions, I don't need to do this anymore. The problem is that these games that I installed without fix them using NXE2GOD are not running anymore. All USB games or installed and fixed with NXE2GOD are running. When I run NXE2GOD he shows me a list of games that can be fixed to run and these list are exactly the games that I have problem that are not running on FSD. I don't wanna fix them with NXE2GOD cause on the xbox that are on TV room they are running. How to fix that? It is an option on dashlaunch that I have to turn on?

It's probably contpatch that makes the difference, your best bet is to save the dashlaunch configuration from the working machine on the other one to your USB...

But, i think the problem is related to you having installed it on the box that it works on rather then on the box that it doesn't work on... so, you probably want to update the patches as it was recently corrected if memory serves me right...