RealModScene
JPizzle

DashLaunch 3.03

As always with the release of a new XeBuild today cOz has released a new version of dashlaunch with some exciting new additions. Corona 4G owners will be happy to know that one of the added features is the addition of the internal storage as a path location, internal corona 4g mu MmcMu:

The new feature I am personally very excited about is the addition of FakeAnim, used in conjunction with the actual FakeAnim app released by BioHazard HERE it allows CUSTOM BOOT ANIMATIONS! No, not just 1 custom animation supplied by the dev but you can use any of your own videos as a boot animation.

I am also very happy to announce that RealModScene.com is now the official support forum for Dashlaunch along with Homebrew-Connection.org, so be sure to post any bugs, comments and suggestions and they will be seen by the dev himself.

================================================================================

ChangeLog

================================================================================

V3.03

- some commented code made contpatch non-functional on untouched demo containers

- added polish translation

- add nohealth option, disables kinect health pseudo video at game launch

- add autofake option, when enabled fakelive functionality is enabled during dash and indie games only (thanks BioHazard!)

- added some failsafe code to lhelper and launch to ensure auto profile signins occur

- moved boot time quick launch button check to lhelper, it now occurs at the point where bootanim freezes (approx)

- removed bootdelay option, it should no longer be required

- add corona 4G memory unit path

- add fakeanim path

- fix bugs related to Guide/Power paths

- add PIRS type content to installer launch item parsing

- add nooobe option, disables setup screens when settings already exist

- dash launch now patches xam to prevent flash updates from appearing when updaters newer than current are on devices

- wired controller poweron causes should now be recognized from all ports for Guide path

- added new option 'farenheit'

- add 16197

- removed button debouncing, A and Y are more useful exiting from miniblades but will be touchy on older dashes

- tweaked boot time button checker, it should now possible to hold a button before the controller syncs (may only be 16197+)

- add corona bl detection to xelllaunch

dash_launch_v3.03.zip

Okay, hopefully I am not misinterpreting this announcement. Can this possibly mean that my old phatt console with a Falcon (v3.0) MoBo CB: 5771 which means that I have the original RGH which I thought was prevented from implementing a Dash any higher than the one that preceded 15572 can now use the latest and greatest Dash 16197? I did not see any availability of Dash 16197. Has Christmas come early or is this a sick joke on the poor Noobs like myself? :D

Okay, hopefully I am not misinterpreting this announcement. Can this possibly mean that my old phatt console with a Falcon (v3.0) MoBo CB: 5771 which means that I have the original RGH which I thought was prevented from implementing a Dash any higher than the one that preceded 15572 can now use the latest and greatest Dash 16197? I did not see any availability of Dash 16197. Has Christmas come early or is this a sick joke on the poor Noobs like myself? :D

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/248-xebuild-105/

- add nohealth option, disables kinect health pseudo video at game launch

not work for me, anyone try this?

(using FSD3, dashlaunch 3.03, dash 16197)

Okay let's see if I have this correct. Yes, this will allow me with my old phatt Falcon (v3.0) to go to the latest $SystemUpdate from Microsoft which is 16197 after 16197 system files from the zip are combined with my existing NAND image and the NAND is reloaded. I can then apply $SystemUpdate 16197 from Microsoft and then install FSD 3.03. $SystemUpdate 16197 from Microsoft is not available yet on the MS web site as I believe it is being rolled out on a limited basis, perhaps overseas initially.

How was the restriction of not going past the Dashboard prior to 15572 overcome on a Falcon (v3.0) CB:5771 original RGH console? I'm curious what the restriction was and how it was overcome. The technical folks that do this work for the scene are incredibly gifted and I certainly appreciate their efforts.

Thanks,

outofwork

If the Dashboard limitation is due to the way that the original RGH mod was implemented and it's a hardware restriction then I would think that it's almost impossible except in rare occasions for software/microcode (like the XGD3 LiteOn burner mod) to overcome a hardware constraint. So, the more I think about it the more I think I am misinterpreting the last announcement even though it says ALL JTag/RGH consoles can upgrade to $SystemUpdate 16197. Please set me straight on this and I will go away... at least for a while. :)

Thanks,

outofwork

I've installed dash 16197 with no any problems on my xbox phat (falcon) rgh1 cb 5771.

I used the new Version of xebuild GUI.

If the Dashboard limitation is due to the way that the original RGH mod was implemented and it's a hardware restriction then I would think that it's almost impossible except in rare occasions for software/microcode (like the XGD3 LiteOn burner mod) to overcome a hardware constraint. So, the more I think about it the more I think I am misinterpreting the last announcement even though it says ALL JTag/RGH consoles can upgrade to $SystemUpdate 16197. Please set me straight on this and I will go away... at least for a while. :)

Thanks,

outofwork

:( you're still not understanding how your console works. Right now you are NOT running the original MS 15xxx dashboard, you are running FreeBOOT (made with XeBuild) 15xxx dashboard. You can ONLY update your hacked RGH/JTAG console when a new version of XeBuild is released that can create Freeboot for the newer dashboard and this is now possible with 16197. So take your nand dump (current or original) and run it through XeBuild to create a new nand image with 16197 dashboard. Flash it to your xbox using nand flasher 360, install the new dashlaunch and then run the $systemUpdate for the new dashboard and it will install all the new files to your hdd and kinect.

You're absolutely correct. Thanks for clearing that up. So I will give this a shot.

Unfortunately the older you get the longer it takes to finally sink in. Actually I never did have a completely clear understanding of how all the different pieces fit together. I'm still not 100% but I am getting there thanks to your assistance.

Thanks,

outofwork

How to make from this FS a one run file? i want to make single install file.

Can somebody help?

sorry I'm not sure I understand the question but I think you are asking how to install this and F3 together, use the installer that came out with F3 and it will install the latest version of F3 and dashlaunch if you enable the 'download latest' option. You can find it in the F3 release post.

sorry for my english.

i ll try to describe

i want to make like: freestyle3 and dashlaunch 3.03 will should install together from one xex file or from GOD container. How?

When i run installer from dashlaunch 3.03 i see orange screen and i cant understand what to do. How to install ? may be somebody can make stap-by-stap instruction? please.

what is your native language? Dashlaunch has many translations

all problems i decided. thanks a lot

stay true men ;)

There are rewards and punishment to being too conservative and I have recently experienced both. :lol:

However, I am now ready to apply $SystemUpdate 16197 from Microsoft to complete the updates. Can I use the default.xex from $SystemUpdate 15574 or are they update specific?

I have $SystemUpdate 16197 but I don't have the default.exe for it. Yes, I am being very cautious.

Once I finish the 16197 update is there a way to make a complete Ghost-type image of the HDD drive for backup purposes so that I could do a restore in the event of a hard drive failure?

Thanks,

outofwork

The default.xex is for installing from "burn your own CDROM", if you are using a usb stick you won't need it. Format your usb stick to FAT or FAT32, copy the folder $SystemUpdate to the root of it (rename it to $$ystemUpdate if you have dash launch option noupdater set to true) and boot with the usb stick plugged in. You should be prompted to update right after the bootlogo - NOTE: this is NOT for updating your system flash from 15574 to 16197, it is ONLY for installing avatar and kinect binaries AFTER you update and reflash your system flash with xebuild. I hope that is clear enough?

Judas:

yes the nohealth problem is known and will be fixed for the next version. AFAIK the only ver it doesn't work for is 16197.

Yes, that's clear and I will use the USB stick. However, given that I am innately curious... is the default.xex update specific? :D

Thanks,

outofwork

Well I seem to be snake bit yet once again no doubt due to my not having a clear understanding of the process. What would logically seem to be the easiest step in this won't work.

I formatted a USB stick FAT32 bootable, copied over the $SystemUpdate folder and renamed it to $$ystemUpdate. Then tried to boot it up (normal power on) by inserting it in one of the USB ports on the front of the console. It went into FSD 3 with no option for any update. I then tried booting with the eject button that kept searching for a xexon.elf file. Clearly that's not the right way.

I'm missing something here. How does the console know what to do with a folder named $$ystemUpdate? There is no default.xex file in the root directory except all of those separate ones inside of the now renamed $$ystemUpdate folder which is not what I want to do for sure. This process should kick itself off but I don't know how it can without a default.xex file.

Sorry for being a PITA,

outofwork

I'm still fiddling with this and here is what I just did. I booted up into FSD 3 and then went into the normal Xbox Dashboard went into System Settings, Console Settings, System Info and I inserted the USB stick with $SystemUpdate 16197 with renamed the folder to $$ystemUpdate and got the following:

? Update Required

To proceed , security and program updates are required. System updates will be added to ensure security and proper functionality. If you decline, you will be returned to the Xbox Dashboard. Do you want to accept the update?

I did not proceed because I'm a little bit concerned about the security wording in the message. Is this the normal update message and is it safe to install the update?

I still cannot figure out why the USB stick won't boot. Also, the system info displayed shows the following:

Current Setting:

Dashboard: 2.0.16197.0

Is this because when I ran XeBuild GUI with the system files for 16197 it updated the NAND (?) but the $SystemUpdate will update the binary code for the functionality for the 16197 update?

I'll be damned if I know why this is still confusing. Is there a basic tutorial that goes through the functional description of each of these pieces?

Thanks,

outofwork

when that warning popped up it was working, your nand is already on that dashboard so it wont touch it but it needs to update the files on your Hdd and Kinect if you have one. The system just knows how to install the files, there is a manifest file in that folder that tells the system how to install it.

Thanks. I had already proceeded and everything looks fine except that it says that I only have one XBLA game on my external 2 TB drive when I probably have over 100. That and it is showing the same cover for that one game when I move left to right or right to left looking at what you would think be the covers for the other games that exist on the external drive. I deleted the game path for XBLA and recreated it but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I don't think there is anything that I could have done to cause that but given my success rate lately who knows. :D

I again apologize for all of my basic, stupid questions. It's been interesting and a good learning experience.

Thanks,

outofwork

Hi there i have a bug i just thaught id post here since dash launch has two homes now :-)

The feature nohealth option causes the game once upon a monster to hang after kenetc intro and fails to skip it.

Thanks. I had already proceeded and everything looks fine except that it says that I only have one XBLA game on my external 2 TB drive when I probably have over 100. That and it is showing the same cover for that one game when I move left to right or right to left looking at what you would think be the covers for the other games that exist on the external drive. I deleted the game path for XBLA and recreated it but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I don't think there is anything that I could have done to cause that but given my success rate lately who knows. :D

I again apologize for all of my basic, stupid questions. It's been interesting and a good learning experience.

Thanks,

outofwork

did you make sure the file path is still set right in f3?

Dash Launch was always amazing and with stepping up to versions 3x is even better :) Love all the possibilities it gives to us - ordinary JTAG/RGH users.

With 3.03 everything works with no issue for me (I'm on dash 16197, FSD 3, working with 1 internal drive and 1 external USB drive).

@Developer (cOz) : it could be nice if there will be language switch option for Dash Launch installer. At least back to English/original version. As automatically chosen language is not always translated good enough. I was forced to use PL translation and get lost with some options description...

I Just prepared yet another (I believe better that current one) Polish translation for DashLaunch 3.03. As I'm not programmer or developer I can only ask to pass it to cOz to eventually include that translation files in future (or maybe still in current 3.03?) versions of DashLaunch. Please find 2 pl-pl localization files in attach (zipped): optionInfo.resx and strings.resx

pl-pl.zip