RealModScene
morinzo

FSD Indie Games Tab?

Indie games launch fine from FSD why don't we have a Indie Games tab in FSD like the XBLA game tab?  Wish I could rename the Xbox tab to XBLIG because i dont play original xbox games on the jtag.  I'd make a good donation to anyone who could rename the Xbox tab to Indie Games.

Indie Games is Homebrew games, theirs a table called Homebrew.. If you don't like it, just rename it to "Indie Games", like I did :)

Why didn't you use the search, I remember telling someone this before and how to rename it.

• Like 1

You can do it yourself.

You Need XZP-Tool to extract your Skin to a Folder. Once done you need to edit 2 XML files (best done with Editor).

The first file is in the root of your Skin file, called Skin.xml. search for <XBOXCLASSIC> inside the file and replace the text between the 2 <XBOXCLASSIC>.

example: <XBOXCLASSIC>Indie Games<XBOXCLASSIC>

The second file is called MenuSettings.xml and is located in the Settings Folder. Search for <tab id='5' parentid='0' text='Xbox Classic'> and replace 'Xbox Classic' with 'Indie Games'.

example: <tab id='5' parentid='0' text='Indie Games'>

Thats all. Now you have to build a new xzp file with xzptool and you are fine.

Hope that helps you and sorry for my bad english.

• Like 1

You can do it yourself.

You Need XZP-Tool to extract your Skin to a Folder. Once done you need to edit 2 XML files (best done with Editor).

The first file is in the root of your Skin file, called Skin.xml. search for <XBOXCLASSIC> inside the file and replace the text between the 2 <XBOXCLASSIC>.

example: <XBOXCLASSIC>Indie Games<XBOXCLASSIC>

The second file is called MenuSettings.xml and is located in the Settings Folder. Search for <tab id='5' parentid='0' text='Xbox Classic'> and replace 'Xbox Classic' with 'Indie Games'.

example: <tab id='5' parentid='0' text='Indie Games'>

Thats all. Now you have to build a new xzp file with xzptool and you are fine.

Hope that helps you and sorry for my bad english.

I found it easier to FTP to the following folder (This may be different on your xbox)

/Hdd1/Freestyle Dash/Data/Skins/Default.xzp/Settings

Download the file: MenuSettings.xml and open with notepad

Change

<tab id='4' parentid='0' text='Homebrew'>

to

<tab id='4' parentid='0' text='Indie Games'>

Re-upload file.

Homebrew is where indie games automatically go anyway