RealModScene
Mexicanoob

I can't join a game of Black Ops in Link

I've been trying to log into your servers to play for about 4 days now. First It was that my internet conection aparently didn't work I fixed that by changing my default DNS servers to Google public DNS after that the connection part worked like a charm. (I linked my console and tested the connection, My plugin is updated aswell devlink off pinpatch on ) But now I updated my TUs and tried to join a room and everthing is fine except the part were I close the menu  to enter multiplayer and system link(in Black Ops) and nothing shows I refreshed the screen and still nothing. By the way is it possible to host tournaments?  Like a MVSC 3 tournament if I were possible that would be awesome because as it happens I have a little videogame shop here in Mexico and I would like to make one that would be great for business like to have them play against each other in a eliminatory fashion and however turns out to be champ gets half my end. Thats my idea but I don't now if that is technically possible so I turn to you.

Update: Now I can see the rooms on system link but still can't join the first time it said my connection time out and the second and third times

it said it crashed it said fatal crash intercepted damn it

This is not an FSD Issue.

BO2 issues is the game, not FSD. Recopy it to your HDD.

If your connection times out, try another room. Its possible that the system link room your joining is slow. People have slow internet and still for some reason host games.

Just keep trying, you can find rooms, so its all working, just keep trying different rooms.

Thanks man, I sure will do. And what about the tournament? I have 5 MB for internet speed do you recommend I connect my 4 consoles with that speed or should I upgrade it ?

If your going to connect your own consoles with each other, than even 1mb would work, because your hosting with your own internet and all other consoles are also on the same net, so 5mb is good ! No need to upgrade, i dont think mvc3 is system link, but you sure can try :) 

And how would I do that ? Connect consoles with each other ? I think that would be a lan party right? but I don't know how to configure it. What does it take for a game to be on system link?

5mb might even cause a lag, its not your download speed that is very important, its your upload speed, broadband providers often give you less than half a meg for 5mb download. half a meg is ok to host a small game. You should make sure your not downloading stuff on your pc that can affect your connection speed.

If you have 4 consoles at home and you plan to play link with others (other the internet) you may need to upgrade.

If your going to host  a party at home via system link you'll be fine. as  Momin Salar says, 1mb will be fine for that, a homesetup would give you 10-100mb depending on your setup.

usually there are 4 ports of ethernet cable on a modem, get 4 ethernet cables and connect each to your 4 consoles, internet connection is not required for offline system link, just dsl light should be enabled. But if your consoles support wifi, connect them all with the same internet via wifi and your good to go ! 

• Like 1

Not all games support system link, and not all games support multiplayer, e.g TOMB RAIDER supports multiplayer but it does not support system link, but cod supports sys link + multiplayer, so YOU can use This site to check if a game has system link and offline co-op or not.

www.co-optimus.com

I have my consoles connected to a TP LINK router with etherhnet cables should that suffice to host a game on my lan that's all I really want

then you wont need link for that, you can have it if you wanted but if its just a local lan at home, 1 xbox creates the room, the other 3 join.

I can just simply log into system link in one of my consoles and host a game room and just log my other consoles to there? Doesn't that require internet connection?

No. Thats the whole point of system link. No internet.

This question can be found on CoD's official forums you know.

a comprehensive tutorial for hosting a system link game ????????

you just load a system link game, create a game, and let the other 3 consoles join.

So I've been searching youtube and I found out that I need a switch (I guess I could use my router to but I don't want to mess

with complex configurations) and that I simply conect all my xboxs there and the one that's acutually gonna host the game would be the uplink

and for that I would requiere a cross over cable. and then I would simply log to a system link supported game and voila right? here's the

youtube video I saw

Update: Now I can see the rooms on system link but still can't join the first time it said my connection time out and the second and third times

it said it crashed it said fatal crash intercepted damn it

Bueno he aquí mi resultados tratando de configurar el link
Primero: trate de abrir los puertos de modem hg8247 de totalplay y en el modem me dice que están abiertos
Los puertos
Al entrar al link me aparecen las rooms pero al entrar al juego en este caso mw3 no me aparecen las partidas
Estos es en todos los juegos
Investigando me dicen que es por la nat de totalplay ya que todos los suscriptores estamos atrás de la nat y esta limita muchas cosas como conectarse a partidas, cámaras de vigilancia por ip, videoconferencias, bluray, etc.
Y para lograr brincar la nat tienes que contratar una ip fija y esto conlleva un costo aparte de tu mensualidad de totalplay
La razón por la que los usuarios están sufriendo estos problemas es que Totalplay estableció una red NAT para todos los usuarios. Lo que quiere decir que todos sus clientes tienen una IP ficticia que, después, se conecta a una IP real. O sea, todos los clientes tienen una misma IP asignada.
Además, servicios como Xbox Live o PSN quedan inhabilitados ya que no puede haber dos gamertags diferentes por IP.
Esto se aplica también a axtel y cablevisión 
Esto me di cuenta en una pagina donde estoy suscripto me banearon supuestamente por spam masivo y mi cuenta y la ip están baneadas.
Me pasaron un tuto supuestamente para brincar la nat de total play dejo aquí el link

segundo: probe con infinitum aquí tengo un modem hg530 y lo que hice fue ir firewall y permitir todas las aplicaciones e introducir la ip de la consola
no tuve que abrir los puertos, los detecta automáticamente
y en la consola desactive mapping port en la sección de plugins y asi pude jugar mw3, black ops 2 hay algunas partidas donde no puedo conectarme en mw3 y black ops 2 me sale un mensaje de desconexión en algunas partidas o no puedo conectarme esto todavía no se a que se deba

haber si alguien puede hacer mas pruebas en el tuto y suba sus resultados
en varias partidas he visto a varios mexicano no se si sean de aquí del foro
les dejo mi nik lonewolf en el link up

espero que esto les sirva

Bueno he aquí mi resultados tratando de configurar el link
Primero: trate de abrir los puertos de modem hg8247 de totalplay y en el modem me dice que están abiertos
Los puertos
Al entrar al link me aparecen las rooms pero al entrar al juego en este caso mw3 no me aparecen las partidas
Estos es en todos los juegos
Investigando me dicen que es por la nat de totalplay ya que todos los suscriptores estamos atrás de la nat y esta limita muchas cosas como conectarse a partidas, cámaras de vigilancia por ip, videoconferencias, bluray, etc.
Y para lograr brincar la nat tienes que contratar una ip fija y esto conlleva un costo aparte de tu mensualidad de totalplay
La razón por la que los usuarios están sufriendo estos problemas es que Totalplay estableció una red NAT para todos los usuarios. Lo que quiere decir que todos sus clientes tienen una IP ficticia que, después, se conecta a una IP real. O sea, todos los clientes tienen una misma IP asignada.
Además, servicios como Xbox Live o PSN quedan inhabilitados ya que no puede haber dos gamertags diferentes por IP.
Esto se aplica también a axtel y cablevisión 
Esto me di cuenta en una pagina donde estoy suscripto me banearon supuestamente por spam masivo y mi cuenta y la ip están baneadas.
Me pasaron un tuto supuestamente para brincar la nat de total play dejo aquí el link
segundo: probe con infinitum aquí tengo un modem hg530 y lo que hice fue ir firewall y permitir todas las aplicaciones e introducir la ip de la consola
no tuve que abrir los puertos, los detecta automáticamente
y en la consola desactive mapping port en la sección de plugins y asi pude jugar mw3, black ops 2 hay algunas partidas donde no puedo conectarme en mw3 y black ops 2 me sale un mensaje de desconexión en algunas partidas o no puedo conectarme esto todavía no se a que se deba

haber si alguien puede hacer mas pruebas en el tuto y suba sus resultados
en varias partidas he visto a varios mexicano no se si sean de aquí del foro
les dejo mi nik lonewolf en el link up

espero que esto les sirva

yo tengo telecable, ees mexicano? de que parte de mexico yo soy de tampico

HERE IS A DIAGRAM FOR YOU

EXAMPLE 1

Posted Image

THEY CAN ALL BE WIRED.. OR WIRELESS.. OR A MIX OF BOTH

ONE XBOX NEEDS TO HOST (IE. THE HOST) THE REST ARE CLIENTS AS THEY JOIN THE "HOST"

EXAMPLE 2

Posted Image

ON LiNK.. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BE A HOST OR FIND SOMEONE HOSTING A GAME"

ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE

ISNT IT?

• Like 2

get 4 tvs or monitors, connect 4 xboxes to each one of them, get a router, get 4 ethernets, connect each ethernet to each xbox, and connect all ethernets to router, now get in the game, e.g from xbox 1 out of 4, create a game, now join in xbox 1 from the other 3 xboxes. START THE GAME, why dont you get it?

• Like 1

soy del df  si tienes telecable creo que es filial de cablevision y no podras ver las partidas como dije en mi mensaje cablevision totalplay etc. crear una nat la cual estamos atras de ella todos los suscriptores con una ip comun para todos los suscriptores donde si podremos conectarnos al link pero no encotraremos las partidas yo estoy utilizando la conexion de telmex y he estado juagando mw3 y black ops 2 te dejo un link de un tutorial donde supuestamente se puede brincar la nat de cable y totalplay

https://mega.co.nz/#!PBhkUQCJ!Y6Uy4xA3CEV9INFnyiNYkAHI_K0D4bqJb6CdYKhEwO8

espero que te sirva y estamos al pendiente

I  have same problem.. xbox connect (with cable) to laptop ant shared internet to xbox. Open ports, LiNK PASS all requirements. When i go to game for example (COD:MW3) system link shows me all Public rooms and peoples. When i try to connect to host game show me (conecting...1...2..3..4..unable connect to host). Ping patch is on, devlink is off. F1 2012 also throws "unable connect" error. Internet connection is WiMAX LTE/4G.  :wacko:  Open meny Ports 1000-5000 TCP and UDP 1000-5000 .  Maybe this is because F3 is only BETA?