RealModScene
The Cowboy

Using LiNK with Laptop(PC Wireless)

First, connect your xbox to your pc via ethernet cable

Then bridge your wireless connection and Ethernet conneciton(Xbox) on PC

Get your default gateway for your PC Wireless, Manual IP your xbox with it.(For Example if your gateway is 192.168.0.1, Manual IP Settings OF Xbox should be like this: IP: 192.168.0.x(any number you want lower than 255), Subnet: 255.255.255.0(This is always same for everyone) Gateway: 192.168.0.1)

Set your XBOX DNS to 8.8.8.8-8.8.4.4

Set Alternate MAC Address of your Xbox to your Xbox Mac Adress.(If Mac address of your xbox is 004455A12355, set alternate mac adress of your xbox to 004455A12355)

Open DMZ on your router page for your xbox ip

Reboot Xbox

Uncheck UPNP box on FSD Test Screen.

Test Ports On FSD Now, if it fails, disable UPNP on router page

• Like 2

Great stuff...This guy helped me step by step how to configure it and it worked perfectly... with all the Passes on LiNK Plugin.

Thank you, Cowboy!

• Like 1

Great stuff...This guy helped me step by step how to configure it and it worked perfectly... with all the Passes on LiNK Plugin.

Thank you, Cowboy!

You are welcome

• Like 1

Thanks for the tutorial. Would you use the same instructions if you wanted to do this with a Mac?

Also, why is the Xbox DNS set to 8.8.8.8-8.8.4.4? Is that something to do with LiNK?

Thanks for the tutorial. Would you use the same instructions if you wanted to do this with a Mac?

Also, why is the Xbox DNS set to 8.8.8.8-8.8.4.4? Is that something to do with LiNK?

DNS is about getting internet to the xbox.If your xbox dns is not right etc. , you wont get ports pass, download covers etc. 8888 8844 dns is google dns(i always choose this one when i need dns)

Dont know about MAC

DNS is about getting internet to the xbox.If your xbox dns is not right etc. , you wont get ports pass, download covers etc. 8888 8844 dns is google dns(i always choose this one when i need dns)

Dont know about MAC

I see. Thanks for the reply.

I've been searching around for some Mac guides - There are quite a few out there but they're all for xbox live. Wondering if it makes a difference though, all you need is to provide the xbox with access to the internet, right?

As for DNS, the guides I've been looking at say that you need to use the primary DNS server from the router page. Does that sound like it could work?

I've been trying all morning but I can't seem to get it working.

Was stuck unable to use link with the 360 adapter i had bought because i could not get ICS working on my PC until Cowboy put me on to this.

6 months of pain in the butt solved in minutes!!

Super huge massive vote for a pinned / sticky!!!

• Like 1

how do u change dns to 8.8.8.8.8 etc it says wrong format ***.***.***.***  ????? any help thanks im managed to get pc connection without bridging and am able to download covers etc the only thing struggling to get it to pass udp test but it did find router and did connect via jqe succesfully. i find when bridge connections it all stops working. i am using bt fon wifi so am using neighbours hub ??

DNS is not 8.8.8.8.8.8, first dns is 8.8.8.8 and other one is 8.8.4.4

You should bridge connections, it should not stop sharing it.

yeah i was just exagerating ... no what i mean i it says it needs to be in the following format not single numbers ***.***.***.***

does it matter what country ur in im in uk bro nice one for reply

keep hearin about cross over cable do i need that or normal one i was using one that come with my phat but then again in xbox test it says a tick for xbox to pc connection ??update - i put in dns as stated bridged connections now the ip coming up in fsd main screen at bottom is 10.84.0.202 and cant use webui with this but i do get a tick in pc to xbox connection now when i do test in  nxe

clear things up when i do ipconfig on my wireless connection my default gateway is this 10.84.0.201, subnet mask 255.255.255.248 and ipv4 10.84.0.202 ????this dont sound right

I think what he meant was that he's getting error in the xbox, because you never said where to add the dns, its supposed to be added in the router page right? please explain. 

yeah i was just exagerating ... no what i mean i it says it needs to be in the following format not single numbers ***.***.***.***

does it matter what country ur in im in uk bro nice one for reply

Just leave it to automatic. No country doesn't matter bro :) You do not have to add the dns in xbox network settings. 

If your going to set your xbox ip: 10.84.0.203 

Then you also have to port forward the ports for this IP from your router page. 

Its better if you post forward 1000 tcp/udp

and 10000 tcp/udp

Then trigger these ports : 1010 tcp/udp

and 9990 tcp/udp.

And then go into fsd setting, plugin, 

put 1010 in the left box which is data port, and 9990 in the right box which is broadcast port i think :) 

It will give you a wider range to join and host games, as mostly people aren't able to join or host (including me, but not now, as i have these ports set) 

• Like 1

I DID THE BRIGH BUT EVEY TIME I RESAST MY XBOX IT GATING NEW IP AFTER THE BRIGE I STUCK CAN SOMEONE MAKE SKYPE WITE ITS WILL BE OK

You have to go into xbox miniblade (The main default dashboard). In its setting go to network settings, choose wireless or wired which ever you use. Then configure settings and set the ip manually or else you'll get a new ip every time you restart your Xbox(although sometimes it remains the same).