RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
coorva

possible brick?

hey guys,,had someone text me that his ps3 was on 3.55,,so he tried to update to rogerio 4.21,,dont know why but now I guess something went wrong he cant get into recovery mode and when he boots its just a black screen,,i thinking getting into factory service mode to downgrade it back to 3.55,,any thoughts?? 

He might need a hardware flasher installed if he has truly bricked it. God knows how, Rogero's last few CFW releases are stable. Unless he used an old one. I don't know why he didn't just put CFW 4.40 1.02 on, the very latest ?

Only thing is to search http://www.tortuga-cove.com/ and look for others who have had a similar problem.

The early CFW''s Rogero released for 4.21 were very unstable. This list shows what worked and what didn't.

CECH 2501b BRICKABLE SlimCECH 2501a BRICKABLE Slim/FatCECH 2511a ACEPTABLE SlimCECH 2004A ACEPTABLE SlimCECH L04 ACEPTABLE FatCECH 2011A ACEPTABLE SlimCECH 2001A ACEPTABLE SlimCECH L01 ACEPTABLE FatCECHG 01 ACEPTABLE FatCECHL 11 ACEPTABLE N/ACECHK 01 ACEPTABLE FatCECH 2101 ACEPTABLE Slim

Unless a software method was released, he will need a hardware flasher. Good news is he doesn't need to have a proper nand/nor dump anymore to restore like previously.

thanks for the reply,,ill past it on and let you know what happens,, 

ok so the customer dropped off the ps3,,and yes will not boot,,not even to recovery,,he also dropped off proskeet black tar edition,,i have never used proskeet,,and from what i gather he does not have a backup of his nand,,  i think this is a waste of time but would the E3 flasher dump whats there now if there is anything,,proskeet looks like a nightmare to hook up,,any thoughts??

Old post but i will bring it back up. If it boots to just a black screen, most of the time all per console data should still be intact. You need to use Hxd or any other hex editor and pull all per console data of the dump and add into a valid dump the reflash. If you come across them in the future i do bad flash repairs i can help you.

thanks we found his backup nand and reflashed it,,all is good now,,i will keep you in mind deff,,

all you needed to do was create a new dump

patch it as a downgrade (ie replacing all the ros0 and ros1 areas)

flash it back

and if you patched for the latest cfw then enter recovery and re-install the cfw

(once patched it will enter recovery)