RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
j4ckp0t

Suggestions

Well, first of all two things (the third is to change my username, but it is the wrong section to talk about lol ):

1) thank you guys for this update!

2) we need a suggestion section in this new forum :)

Ok, these are my personal suggestions:

- show the name of the city in the weather box. good to see the weather, but what city is it referring to?

- why download all the title updates for our games? we just need the latest one available. this is a waste of space and traffic

- add a checkbox in the settings for enabling or disabling the "latest games" under the profile. personally, i would like to not see this thing (and also we are able only to launch the first in the list, not the others)

Just to be clear, these are suggestions, not "you must have to".

The first and third suggestions are definitely interesting ideas. However, allowing users to download older TUs comes in handy when playing syslink games where using the same version as other users is required. Not to mention the rare occasion when a newer TU ADDS bugs to a game. Sometimes you just wanna have the ability to go back a version. You always have the option to remove TUs that you do not wish to keep.

Great start to suggestions for F3, and hopefully you've started a trend for other users to contribute their ideas as well! I know I have a few of my own.

F3: what a great ideas and smart improvements ! What a great work ! Thank for the developers !

Here is my contributions to this delicious "stone soup":

1. Title Updates: Handling of TU-s is absolutely ok. It is a well working method, so it doesn't need any changes by now.

2. Indie Games: there are nearly 3000 XBLIG titles. There is not enough space on HDD1 to store them all.

What's more, all XBLIG titles stored in HDD1/Contents/... will appear in the normal xbox dash/my games, which means chaos there.

So let's store all XBLIG in USB0 or USB1, and copy the selected one to the HDD1/Contents/... only when the user start the game.

After the user exit from that game, we will not able to delete the copied file from HDD1/Contents/... but we can set the limit of the number of files in the

HDD1/Contents/... (XBLIG directory), so next time, when F3 starts, it would be able to delete the unnecessary files.

3. Thematical Tabs: there are 4-5 tabs in the FSD / Library: "Xbox 360 Games", "Xbox Live Arcade", "Homebrew", etc.

So let's imagine a new point below the "Library", named "Thematical Tabs" or something like this.

It contains many tabs based on GAME GENRES, like "Action", "Dancing", "Logic", "Family", "Sport", etc.

It would be interesting and useful, isn't it ?

4. Handling Tabs: there are many handling accessories for Xbox360, like kinect, big button controllers, guitar and drum sets, xbox live camera, wired and wireless microphones, racing wheels, pulse controllers, DJ sets, skateboards, etc.

So what I suggest is something like at point 3., but based on controlling methods.

What's more, it can solve the separating request of the kinect games.

5. Online goodies: I mean new services for example:

- extract and share game points from game saves to the online scoreboards (top100 things)

- extract and share photos from games like Kinect Adventures

- online chats by games (text based)

6. online chat with sound and picture like skype using xbox360 and kinect

7. integrate the access to this forum to F3

8. Handling of DLC-s:

- what dlc's installed on HDD1 for a game

- what other (not installed) dlc's are exist and can buy.

- I don't suggest to help downloading dlc's using F3.

9. Are there any way to send my game ratings ?

10. Are there any possibility to integrate any gmail or facebook, mp3playing, picture slideshowing, movieplaying services to F3 ?

My English is sometimes fuzzy :) , but I hope, that you all understand what I want to describe.

Another idea: ---- Filters ---

we can merge the 3. and 4. points into one: it uses not a new tabs, but introduce a filtering method.

so we use the existing FSD / Library: "Xbox 360 Games", "Xbox Live Arcade", "Homebrew", etc. tabs, BUT

there will be a filter setting possibility based on handling or game type or game rate.

So in that case when I want to see all kinect controlled, high user rated Xbox360 sport games from last 1 year,

I set those filters to "kinect", "Sport", "rating > 4.0", "after 2011" and in the FSD / Library: "Xbox 360 Games" I will see the titles what I wanted.